Thread: Cheapest place to buy gold bullion online?

Cheapest place to buy gold bullion online?

I am interested to know of any hidden gems you guys know of, where the price+S&H comes out the cheapest for 1oz gold bars in assay cards (PAMP Suisse, OPM, Sunshine Mint, Perth Mint etc.). In my experience, and I have done a LOT of digging (pun intended), the cheapest I've seen so far is goldmart.com. I have compared prices with several competitors like JM Bullion, DBS Coins, Provident Metals, Amagi Metals, and Apmex, and Gold Mart always seems to be the cheapest. Apmex is always ridiculously high. Gold is after all gold, wherever you buy it from..

Thoughts?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Gold is after all gold, wherever you buy it from..
    As long as you are sure it is gold and that it is solid gold, otherwise you might be getting ripped off.

Here's a site that tracks a few:
    https://comparegoldprices.com

Also Check the shipping rates,they vary.
    Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

A police state is a small price to pay for living in the freest country on earth.

Quote Originally Posted by RickyJ View Post
    As long as you are sure it is gold and that it is solid gold, otherwise you might be getting ripped off.
    All the sites I mentioned are legit.

Quote Originally Posted by mad cow View Post
    Here's a site that tracks a few:
    https://comparegoldprices.com

Good site. Their best price for a 1oz bar was an OPM for $1,217.95 at BGASC and with $12.95 S&H, it comes up to $1230.90. At Gold Mart, it is $1,214.20+$15.95 (S&H)=$1,230.15. Gold Mart still wins, albeit by a small margin.

Quote Originally Posted by lib3rtarian View Post
    In my experience, and I have done a LOT of digging (pun intended), the cheapest I've seen so far is goldmart.com.
    I wouldn't trust them. I've read a fair number of reports online of people having orders arrive short of product. I think the company has remedied it all eventually but after much hassle and delay. That isn't worth a couple bucks to me.

Quote Originally Posted by lib3rtarian View Post
    Gold is after all gold, wherever you buy it from..
    Yeah, as long as it actually arrives.

Edit: also, they threaten legal action against forums where people post about their bad experiences with them.
    Last edited by specsaregood; 12-19-2013 at 10:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mad cow View Post
    This.

Also, look at the different prices they have depending on method of payment. They tend to charge higher premiums if you pay with credit card. And some may be better with one payment method while others are better with another. And you may have one place where their cheaper price requires you to do a bank wire transfer, where others let you send a personal check. If the personal check is a lot more convenient for you, it might be worth a few extra bucks.

And look for sales. I'd say APMEX is usually decent, but you can usually do better. But they also sometimes have specials that give them the edge, like a day of free shipping or something like that.

Gainesvillecoins.com

Apmex.com

Providentmetals.com

All are great places to compare. Gainesville usually have the lowest prices of the 3. I believe they all offer free shipping over 5 or 6 thousand dollars. All are fast too.
    What I say is for entertainment purposes only!

Mark 10:45 The Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life as a ransom for many.

"If you want to make a lot of money, resist diversification." - Jim Rogers

JM Bullion is offering free shipping throughout the Holidays.
    I have dealt with them before and I was always happy with the experience.

http://www.jmbullion.com
    Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

A police state is a small price to pay for living in the freest country on earth.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I like www.amagimetals.com, they take bitcoin as well.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."