Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Silver madness!

Quote Originally Posted by Dianne View Post
    It's easier for computer non-savvy people to buy through eBay. eBay offers some comfort, knowing you can chargeback a purchase if you don't receive it; not to mention the ease of paying with PayPal.

If any of you think about becoming sellers on eBay though, keep in mind they don't do chit for the merchants. Do not do a buy it now sale ... make people bid. I've been on eBay since 1999 as a seller; and recently almost everyone of my crypto buy it now auctions have been purchased and within 30 minutes chargedback by the "buyer" saying they did not authorize use of their cards. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the Target hack; although the criminals do answer their e mails... So someone would have had to hack their credit card data and their e mail address at the same time.
    I have never heard of such a thing with buy it now auctions , although I do little business on the net. Buddy of mine does alot but uses Craigslist thingy .That does not sound good .

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I made a decent haul the last 8 days or so, 31 small, Silver Canadian polar bears , an 1853 California gold $1 , a 1918 ,1919 six pence silver , WW 2 Phillipine silver , a .50 , two twenties , a .10 ,a 1676 Trier silver pc , an early Arabic silver pc , an 1852 Clifornia gold $1 , a 1987 Constitution silver $1 , an 1857 California gold $1 , three silver , German 5 Mark pc.'s , four AU Franlin silver 1/2's , a silver WW 2 Canadian quarter, two silver Ike's .
    Last edited by oyarde; 02-08-2014 at 03:01 PM.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I was thinking about your, "Silver Madness".

We've pointed out the spread between actual market and the market quoted price. I was thinking the wide margin must be because the market has to discount the risk of the losses that could occur if the paper market has to deliver. Well actually two things.

1. The normal markup would be part of the difference.

2. And the calculating in the risk of a loss on the silver held in places that don't really have any silver on hand to back their paper holdings.

Well where is the risk of loss?. A person could buy an ounce for 20$ and the day after it drop to 2 dollars in value but it would only be a loss if the person sold it for 2 dollars. All the person has to do is hold it until it goes back up in value. I don't see how buying silver could ever be a loss...Now if they discover the moon is made of silver and and it is as common as dirt then silver would be next to worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsoldier View Post
    Well where is the risk of loss?. A person could buy an ounce for 20$ and the day after it drop to 2 dollars in value but it would only be a loss if the person sold it for 2 dollars. All the person has to do is hold it until it goes back up in value. I don't see how buying silver could ever be a loss...Now if they discover the moon is made of silver and and it is as common as dirt then silver would be next to worthless.
    Yeah , but the everyone knows the moon is made of cheese and silver has industrial usage.

If your referring to my post maybe I didn't make it clear enough.

Suppose you bought real silver at $26.00. If you subtract a normal markup of say 10% that would set the market at about $23.40. We've been showing a market way below that. Maybe that is because the market also trade on a lot of pretend silver. Because so much of it is pretend maybe the market tries to guess as to the future losses because of the bogusness. I've messed with people like this when I was a kid. I'm sure somewhere you could give a man $26.00 and have him credit ownership of one of his real ounces to your account. Mostly I think the people trading paper silver are playing games. Maybe they buy some sort of insurance to cover any losses if something bad should happen when delivery comes due. Maybe they are just going all Burny Made Off on your assets.

Never the less maybe this is why the market is so far off of real silver reality. Maybe it is trying to account for more than just a real silver market.

Looks to me like minus the ten percent markup there is still over 13% that has been written off.

I picked four Uncirculated Canadian silver dollars an 8 kt gold coin off of e bay this morning for $68.50 , free shipping, I made an offer , it was accepted.

Some may have extended themselves and the high asking price reflects those burned by the recent decline.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

I had a 96$ credit at a pawn shop. Recently went in and got 3 American Liberty dollars :-). That's about all I've been able to get recently. I had to buy a car earlier in the year. I'm just about done paying it off...2 more months or so.

After that, I'll be able to choose between renovating my kitchen and buying a lot more silver/gold :-).

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I picked four Uncirculated Canadian silver dollars an 8 kt gold coin off of e bay this morning for $68.50 , free shipping, I made an offer , it was accepted.
    "Like an army falling, one by one by one" - Linkin Park

"I've got junk 90% coins"....I don't get into the collectors side of it...Silver IS SILVER. Not junk. Silver will sell for whatever its worth.
    That's just what it's called, or at least that's what me and my dealer call it. Pre-1960s silver quarters, dimes and half dollars 90%. They're not collector's items, so we call them junk. Not meant to offend anyone, honest.
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
    I had a 96$ credit at a pawn shop. Recently went in and got 3 American Liberty dollars :-). That's about all I've been able to get recently. I had to buy a car earlier in the year. I'm just about done paying it off...2 more months or so.

After that, I'll be able to choose between renovating my kitchen and buying a lot more silver/gold :-).
    Ahh kitchen renovation , hope I am about done with that , got the new floor put down this winter , new fridge summer before last , new dishwasher fall before last ,fall before last I put a new ignitor in the oven , now one of the two microwaves is dead ....... new walls and insulation in the front room this fall , only two or four windows left to replace in the house , new tractor last spring , another chain saw this fall , another rifle and shotgun ,pd cash for all of that . Have my Honey's SUV pd off , half my truck is pd for ( its less than $15 interest a month ) , this stuff is a pain in the ass , lol
    Last edited by oyarde; 01-09-2014 at 10:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV View Post
    That's just what it's called, or at least that's what me and my dealer call it. Pre-1960s silver quarters, dimes and half dollars 90%. They're not collector's items, so we call them junk. Not meant to offend anyone, honest.
    200 ounces of silver dimes , quarters and halves ? Nice haul , I would just keep it .

I need to stop and see my Pawn guy next week , he is holding 9 uncommon date Morgans for me .

I've got a bungalow built in 1951. Built to last. But the main upstairs kitchen needs updating (a lot of updating, lol).

My brother and I own the place...we took the old $#@!ty kitchen in the basement and reno'ed it last winter into something really nice and modern. The bathroom down there gets the same treatment in about 1 month (already saved up for, paying cash, work just needs to be done).

In about a month the house will be a bungalow with two very nice, easy to seperate appartments.

The upstairs kitchen next year is the last of the truly required renovations to fully bring the house up to standards.

I'm REALLY looking forward to have that ambition/cost over with. Lol :-)

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Ahh kitchen renovation , hope I am about done with that , got the new floor put down this winter , new fridge summer before last , new dishwasher fall before last ,fall before last I put a new ignitor in the oven , now one of the two microwaves is dead ....... new walls and insulation in the front room this fall , only two or four windows left to replace in the house , new tractor last spring , another chain saw this fall , another rifle and shotgun ,pd cash for all of that . Have my Honey's SUV pd off , half my truck is pd for ( its less than $15 interest a month ) , this stuff is a pain in the ass , lol
    "Like an army falling, one by one by one" - Linkin Park

I've got a bungalow built in 1951. Built to last. But the main upstairs kitchen needs updating (a lot of updating, lol).

My brother and I own the place...we took the old $#@!ty kitchen in the basement and reno'ed it last winter into something really nice and modern. The bathroom down there gets the same treatment in about 1 month (already saved up for, paying cash, work just needs to be done).

In about a month the house will be a bungalow with two very nice, easy to seperate appartments.
    The upstairs kitchen next year is the last of the truly required renovations to fully bring the house up to standards.

I'm REALLY looking forward to have that ambition/cost over with. Lol :-)
    Yeah , our place was vintage 50's too , hope to be done with it all and all of the expense with it in the next couple summers .

I made a pretty good haul past couple days too .Some sterling , three broaches , a table spoon , a chain , two rings, an antique gold hat pin , two Canadian dimes , two Canadian quarters , a Kennedy , a Walking Liberty half , two Washington quarters , six roosevelt dimes ,a 1923 S Peace dollar in XF, in just under $83 .
    Last edited by oyarde; 01-11-2014 at 11:17 PM.

I picked up three silver crowns and a silver franc for $14.77 , traded them off today for $39 in cash , a Canadian silver dime , a 1919 Mexico Silver 50 Centavo pc. , a 1909 VDB cent in Very Fine, a 1914 silver dime and an 1853 Silver Half, 30 2 x2 coin holders , three plastic sheets.

I may have to go look around tomorrow , see what I could find , spot price still looks very reasonable for long .

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ron Paul - America, you WILL regret not voting for him!

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER

All I could come up with today was a couple of About Uncirculated 1940's quarters and some sterling, but did not put much effort in it , last nights blizzard kind of took the wind out of my sail , laid up mostly with some bacon sandwiches , chili , chicken wings , and now , drinks . There is always Fri

Quote Originally Posted by The Freethinker View Post
    That is a massive rip-off. It ends up being over $28 per coin there on Ebay. On their official site it is $25.75 each so ten would be $257.50 plus $9.99 shipping and the total is only $266 - that is the cost of another American Eagle difference between that ebay auction and their official site for ten coins.

Edit: Is it just me, or does Standing Liberty have 6 fingers on her outstretched hand?
    Last edited by 2young2vote; 02-06-2014 at 11:51 AM.
    No more IRS.
    I am now old enough to vote.

Today , I settled for an 1830 silver , Bolivian , 1 Sol , an Uncirculated 1918 silver French Franc , 1918 Uncirculated French sliver two Franc an Isle of Man Uncirculated silver 1 Crown. Pretty cool though .
    Last edited by oyarde; 02-07-2014 at 01:10 AM.

Today I settled for a 1917 French Franc in Very Fine . I am pleased with it though .

The prices on ebay drive me crazy. Coin collectors paying 60 bucks for 7 dollar coin.

details about 1947 Walking Liberty Half Dollar GEM BU ** -----Just sold at auction for 81 dollars.....

The prices on ebay drive me crazy. Coin collectors paying 60 bucks for 7 dollar coin.

details about 1947 Walking Liberty Half Dollar GEM BU ** -----Just sold at auction for 81 dollars.....
    Well , if it makes you feel better , I have a 1944 in Extra Fine , a 1921 S, a 1919 Mexican 1/2 , a US 1853 and 1860 S , an 1864 Guatemalan 22 kt gold 4 Reales made into a tie tack I will let you have maybe , for only $211.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.

That is not really a $7 coin , but a $20 ish dollar coin , if it was a worn down slick pc of crap , it is a $7 coin....

DAMN YOU COIN COLLECTORS!!!

LOL.....It will only be worth melt value if SHTF...."and I'd have gotten away with it too if it wasn't for you damn kids!!!"

DAMN YOU COIN COLLECTORS!!!

LOL.....It will only be worth melt value if SHTF...."and I'd have gotten away with it too if it wasn't for you damn kids!!!"
    I have some I have only pd melt for , but you gotta take the ugly duckling and local .

You guys talk about going to local pawn shops and I must say that ebay is far cheaper then the local stores I've been to.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast