Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Silver madness!

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    ^^^^^^
    An interesting data point but on the very low end for a single mine. Looking into the average cost to extract silver brings much confusion. $10/oz average is the generally accepted cash cost figure according to some 2013 surveys of miners.

This article examines why, then, are miners still losing money on silver extraction? Interesting topic.
    http://silverseek.com/commentary/201...e-silver-13222

For long term holders of PMs, don't forget that deflation comes first before any hints of hyperinflation. I think we're starting to see that deflation taking hold right now. Weak hands are being shaken out by this dive.
    Gold deflated for 20 years after 1980. Where is the hyperinflation which must follow? How many times have we seen hyperinflation in the US?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Prices? Who said anything about prices? Oh you mean that Keynesian measure of inflation. I don't follow that faulty metric.
    What exactly is it about silver that's diving besides its price? Ki energy? Is Nibiru affecting silver?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    What exactly is it about silver that's diving besides its price? Ki energy? Is Nibiru affecting silver?
    It's manipulated paper value relative to the strength of the fiat dollar relative to other fiat currencies is diving. But hey, the political has nothing in common with the moral does it? Say hi to your Jesuit masters for me. I always wondered why they all have bald spots? Any idea?
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Gold deflated for 20 years after 1980. Where is the hyperinflation which must follow? How many times have we seen hyperinflation in the US?
    A couple of times. Confederate and Continental Dollars...also, the Western USA during gold rush booms...then we've also had high inflation during WWI, WWII, and 1970s.

How many times have we had a Central Bank with a $4 trillion balance sheet and growing? 0% interest rates for over 6 years? Basically no reserve requirements on banks?

If there's no inflationary consequences for monetizing and recapping banks, then we have reached nirvana...banks should be able to loan to ANYONE they want, and anytime a loan defaults, have the Central Bank bail it out.

Of course, there are monetary consequences, and we will see them when the Dollar stops receiving a bid. Otherwise, we are in a world where people default, the banks get recapped, and no harm no foul.

Wish the world worked like that!

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hyperinflation isn't specifically defined but is often considered something like 30% a month. We have never had hyperinflation.

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fi...on_Ancient.svg

It's manipulated paper value relative to the strength of the fiat dollar relative to other fiat currencies is diving.
    If you do not care about the paper value, then there's no deflation, and your comment was pointless. If you care about the value of the metal in comparison to other assets, then we are experiencing rapid inflation, not rapid deflation. So which is it?

But hey, the political has nothing in common with the moral does it? Say hi to your Jesuit masters for me. I always wondered why they all have bald spots? Any idea?
    If shapeshifters grow hair that covers the entire head, their psychomagnetic waves cannot emit directly up and they lose contact with the hive consciousness that's hosted on the mothership hiding behind the moon.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    If you do not care about the paper value, then there's no deflation, and your comment was pointless. If you care about the value of the metal in comparison to other assets, then we are experiencing rapid inflation, not rapid deflation. So which is it?
    Deflation is a function of money supply policy, not prices. I never said we are experiencing rapid deflation. I said deflation is starting to take hold. Once deflation takes hold, new inflationary measures are enacted to counter it. The bubbles are becoming bigger and bigger and therefore the pops will become bigger and bigger. Hyperinflation is the eventual result and the last step before the dollar is dropped as global reserve. Reading comprehension much? If you're just going to spend all your time on RPF trolling my posts then I'm just going to put you on ignore and let you talk to yourself.

If shapeshifters grow hair that covers the entire head, their psychomagnetic waves cannot emit directly up and they lose contact with the hive consciousness that's hosted on the mothership hiding behind the moon.
    What are you babbling on about? Are you over-complicating economics again?
    Last edited by devil21; 11-05-2014 at 06:36 PM.

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Well , I did OK today , picked up a 1918 D silver half in Very Good , some dimes , 1917 , 1917 S , two 1918's , 1923 , 1924 , 1928 S , 1929 , 1929 S , 1945 S , 25 2X2's . Saw an 1878 gold 2 1/2 dollar pc in Very Fine for $260 , and three Mexican gold 50 Peso pc.'s in the shop, first gold I have seen in a bit where all of it did not sell before I left .

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Hyperinflation isn't specifically defined but is often considered something like 30% a month. We have never had hyperinflation.

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fi...on_Ancient.svg

WRONG! Just to quote Wikipedia because I'm too lazy to bother finding "official" stats, but this will do since it is cited:

By the end of 1778, Continentals retained from 1/5 to 1/7 of their face value. By 1780, the bills were worth 1/40th of face value. Congress attempted to reform the currency by removing the old bills from circulation and issuing new ones, without success. By May 1781, Continentals had become so worthless that they ceased to circulate as money. Franklin noted that the depreciation of the currency had, in effect, acted as a tax to pay for the war
    Let's see...going from worth 1/5 original value to 1/40 in a year's time...that's not hyperinflation? A currency losing roughly 90% of its purchasing power in one year?

Confederate Dollar..printed in 1861, it had high purchasing power...by late 1863, consumer staples cost dozens of times more than what they did two years prior. By 1864, the currency was basically worthless.

So in less than 3 years, how do you go from a currency being marketable to being completely worthless if you DON'T have hyperinflation?

And then you have the gold rush days, as I said, where prices for basic goods surged drastically.

Nice try, though.

But even if you want to just debate semantics, even just accepting your graph where we've had bouts of 30+% depreciation in ONE YEAR, that's pretty significant. I mean, your cash lost 30% of its value from January to December. Imagine if the US Dollar fell 30% next year...such a drastic move could snowball into exponential moves in commodities. A 30% drop in the Dollar could quintuple gold because people will rush to things outside of the state's domain instead of waiting around for the next 30% depreciation which may happen months later.

You also had a forced depreciation by the US government in 1933. Gold prices were adjusted from $20 to $35, a significant depreciation in a matter of days. Is that not an example of hyperinflation?? Annualized out, that's probably one of the largest depreciations of a currency in that narrow of time.
    Last edited by Gaddafi Duck; 11-06-2014 at 09:33 AM.

I may have to see , tomorrow if the local shop still has the 2 1/2 gold pc .

A while back I wondered if silver would go as low as $15, and it just did for a sec....maybe I should go shopping tomorrow, eh?
    "Sorry, fellows, the rebellion is off. We couldn't get a rebellion permit."

Quote Originally Posted by Tod View Post
    A while back I wondered if silver would go as low as $15, and it just did for a sec....maybe I should go shopping tomorrow, eh?
    Looks like $15.67 and about $1156 right now.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I may have to see , tomorrow if the local shop still has the 2 1/2 gold pc .
    In case anyone else was wondering.

http://www.coinstudy.com/liberty-2-5...in-values.html

It looks like a keeper.

Still the math of what it weighs eludes me.

P.S. .125 ounces. To confusing to ever be able to sell it.

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    In case anyone else was wondering.

http://www.coinstudy.com/liberty-2-5...in-values.html

It looks like a keeper.

Still the math of what it weighs eludes me.

P.S. .125 ounces. To confusing to ever be able to sell it.
    , just buy two , it is a 1/4 ounce , same as a five dollar gold pc . The 2 1/2 is probably my favorite , although I like the one and three dollar gold pc.'s as well , they are harder to find ( without damage )and expensive .LOL

I did OK today , went to town , sadly , the 2 1/2 gold was already sold , I blew $27 FRN's , got a 1912 D silver Barber Half dollar in a solid Very Good , an 1871 sitting Liberty silver dime , an 1857 Sitting Liberty silver quarter , a 1933 Canadian nickel , a 1943 S silver nickel, then, next door ( Chinese place ) for breakfast got some BBQ spare ribs and a shrimp spring roll. No credit cards , cash , check or IOU at the coin shop and cash only at the Chinese place . My entertainment before work .

I did OK today , went to town , sadly , the 2 1/2 gold was already sold , I blew $27 FRN's , got a 1912 D silver Barber Half dollar in a solid Very Good , an 1871 sitting Liberty silver dime , an 1857 Sitting Liberty silver quarter , a 1933 Canadian nickel , a 1943 S silver nickel, then, next door ( Chinese place ) for breakfast got some BBQ spare ribs and a shrimp spring roll. No credit cards , cash , check or IOU at the coin shop and cash only at the Chinese place . My entertainment before work .
    Was the no credit card rule yours for yourself or the shops? Not that it's really any of my business.

Was the no credit card rule yours for yourself or the shops? Not that it's really any of my business.
    Those are the rules of the shops . Worst thing is , I have been out of ice cream for three weeks and I will not buy any , because I do not need it , but if they had some at the Chinese place , I may have gotten one , LOL

There is a very good Mexican place next door too , but they are old and close for the winter and head South .

Today , I sold an 1881 S Morgan dollar in Very Fine in a beautiful Sterling silver bezel that I bought at an auction this past spring for $ 20 or $25 FRN's for $37 . Then traded that and another $37 FRN's for an 1877 CC silver Sitting Liberty dime , a 1969 S silver ( 40 % )silver Proof half dollar , a 1927 Standing Liberty silver quarter , a 1989 S Proof Bicentennial of Congress half dollar , a plastic nickel tube , plastic quarter tube, a 1914 cent , a bag of feed and two bags of bird seed . No silver Eagles at my local shop , but there was a nice selection of Morgan dollars ,Walking Liberty Halves , some early 1900's Barber Halves , a few Barber and Standing Liberty quarters , nice selection of Uncirculated Roosevelt silver dimes and one gold pc.
    Last edited by oyarde; 11-14-2014 at 11:29 PM.

Today , I sold a few of extras , 1939 Canadian silver dollar , Very Fine , a 1926 S Nickel in Very Good, 1918 D dime in Very Fine , bought four Extra Fine silver Walking Liberty halves, 1914 cent . That was fun . Got busy bullshitting and drinking coffee , no time to get some ribs at the corner store , nearly forgot about going into work early .
    Last edited by oyarde; 11-14-2014 at 11:34 PM.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Today I sold an extra 1873 Indian cent , some extra Buffalo nickels , 1914 , 1916 S , 1916 , 1920 S , an Uncirculated 200 Mark coin , couple silver Canadian coins, an extra 1943 Silver Walking Liberty Half in Extra Fine, a 1915 D wheat cent, bought an Uncirculated 1954 S and 1957 Silver quarters , and bought a sweet 1908 S silver Barber half ,six pack of cold tall boys , lb of bacon , 1/2 lb of sausage ,some chicken wings. Not bad
    Last edited by oyarde; 11-20-2014 at 12:50 AM.

Friday , I may go look at a Very Fine 1928 S silver half .... some Peace dollars etc

I think this thread is the equivalent of Oyarde's Twitter feed!

More interesting than most Twitter feeds, I'm sure! (I'm not on Twitter, so couldn't say for sure).

Quote Originally Posted by helmuth_hubener View Post
    I think this thread is the equivalent of Oyarde's Twitter feed!

More interesting than most Twitter feeds, I'm sure! (I'm not on Twitter, so couldn't say for sure).
    I have never been on twits , but this is interesting Investing should be fun , LOL

Figure , gold right now , around $6 less than last new yr.'s . Kind of tough for me , I am pretty much a pre 1915 gold guy . not much out there to be had in reasonable condition for reasonable prices , nor much scrap .

I have never been on twits , but this is interesting Investing should be fun , LOL
    Now you just need to start posting pictures of every meal you have.

It's manipulated paper value relative to the strength of the fiat dollar relative to other fiat currencies is diving. But hey, the political has nothing in common with the moral does it? Say hi to your Jesuit masters for me. I always wondered why they all have bald spots? Any idea?
    The Jesuits? I thought it is the Rothschilds? Or is it the Illuminati? No, no I think it's the Freemasons. I'm ever so confused.

Quote Originally Posted by WillieKamm View Post
    The Jesuits? I thought it is the Rothschilds? Or is it the Illuminati? No, no I think it's the Freemasons. I'm ever so confused.
    Of course you are. What if I told you all of those you listed are related, and in a couple instances are different names for the same groups? I'd educate you but I see no point since you can't be bothered to post more than 97 times in 6 years.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by helmuth_hubener View Post
    Now you just need to start posting pictures of every meal you have.
    LOL , usually I cook my own breakfast and pack my lunch .Today , I did not , Today I blew 44 FRN's got a 1963 Proof cent , a 1912D nickel , a 1908 Silver , Barber Half Dollar and a 1914 S silver Barber half dollar , a half dozen fried shrimp , couple of fish filets , some BBQ ribs and a shrimp egg roll . Looked at a 1904 Silver Dollar in Very Fine . Think I may go back for it after the Holiday . No gold today at the local shop , all sold out . Did have a nice selection of key date silver Walking Liberty halves , Uncirculated Washington silver quarters , a lot of Very Fine Morgan dollars , Uncirculated Roosevelt silver dimes , Buffalo nickels , silver Half Dimes , bunch of 40 % Kennedy halves . Pretty poor selection of early date Indian cents , and silver three cent pc.'s , but , still fun They sold out of the last 2014 Silver Eagles last Fri while I was there .I did not buy any.
    Last edited by oyarde; 11-22-2014 at 01:11 AM.

Well , I added a few things this week .

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast