Thread: Obama grants clemency to 23 yr old non-violent drug offender who received life sentence

Obama grants clemency to 23 yr old non-violent drug offender who received life sentence

President Obama has commuted the sentence of Clarence Aaron.

As a 23-year-old college student with money problems, Aaron set up two large cocaine deals between a pair of career drug dealers. He was sentenced to life without parole in 1993 for a first-time nonviolent drug conviction. The two kingpins were sentenced to shorter time. One was released in 2000; the other kingpin, who had threatened to “skin” an accomplice’s sister, is serving 24 years.
    More:
    http://blog.sfgate.com/djsaunders/20...larence-aaron/

He's been in prison for over 20 years now. Here's a background story on him:
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/2008/12...larence-aaron/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    For once he did something worthwhile. Good for him.
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

ONE IN A MILLION
    Thanks for nadda

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Wow. This is the first time that I can think of in which I support an Obama decision.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

Quote Originally Posted by jkr View Post
    ONE IN A MILLION
    Thanks for nadda
    The individual that was released is probably pretty thankful.
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

The President granted clemency to 21 individuals today, many dealing with drugs.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-...nd-commutation

That's a damn good start...

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    now lets see them try to get a "job"

i wish them the very best....

and good for RAND

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

All of those pardoned seem to be for crimes in the 80s and 90s, and were sentenced to less than 5 years. All had already been released and some weren't even sentenced to jail time.

6 of the 8 who had their sentences commuted were serving life sentences.

More,, Can we have more please.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

He's still dead last on the list of pardons given. A stinger bastard with the pardon the US has not heretofore seen.

Quote Originally Posted by tsai3904 View Post
    More:
    http://blog.sfgate.com/djsaunders/20...larence-aaron/

He's been in prison for over 20 years now. Here's a background story on him:
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/2008/12...larence-aaron/
    Excellent.

.DON'T TAX ME BRO!!!

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brush fires of freedom in the minds of men." -- Samuel Adams (1722-1803)

>800,000 people arrested annually for just marijuana possession. While sure is nice that he let 21 go, we still have a very long way to go.

what about Wendos Angelos, who received a 55 year sentence

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    He's still dead last on the list of pardons given. A stinger bastard with the pardon the US has not heretofore seen.
    Source?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

Quote Originally Posted by Feeding the Abscess View Post
    Source?
    It's not true. Many presidents only pardoned one person, Obama has pardoned 40 or so.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._United_States

Were they all black?

I didn't start out thinking that anti-vax people were fools or impervious to reason, it's from my experience here that I now think that.
    - AmyPi 2014 (RIP)

Anti-vaxxers, responsible for a 30 percent uptick in totally preventable diseases in the world, have blood on their hands. They shouldn't be considered civilized members of society. If they refuse to listen to a century of scientific studies confirming time and time again that vaccination is an unquestionable good for humanity, then it's time for us to start treating anti-vaxxers as what they are: dangerous and worthy of shame and condemnation. If we can't convince anti-vaxxers to change their minds, we must attach enough social stigma to the delusion that agnostics cease to join them.

Quote Originally Posted by eduardo89 View Post
    It's not true. Many presidents only pardoned one person, Obama has pardoned 40 or so.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._United_States
    But he has only commuted the sentence of one.

I didn't start out thinking that anti-vax people were fools or impervious to reason, it's from my experience here that I now think that.
    - AmyPi 2014 (RIP)

Anti-vaxxers, responsible for a 30 percent uptick in totally preventable diseases in the world, have blood on their hands. They shouldn't be considered civilized members of society. If they refuse to listen to a century of scientific studies confirming time and time again that vaccination is an unquestionable good for humanity, then it's time for us to start treating anti-vaxxers as what they are: dangerous and worthy of shame and condemnation. If we can't convince anti-vaxxers to change their minds, we must attach enough social stigma to the delusion that agnostics cease to join them.

are the turkeys still leading in pardons? caramel and popcorn....
    Seattle Sounders 2016 MLS Cup Champions - and the [un]official football club of RPF

I believe Ron Paul would have done that with EVERY non-violent drug offender.
    No more IRS.
    I am now old enough to vote.