Thread: Edward Snowden says judge's ruling vindicates NSA surveillance disclosures

Edward Snowden says judge's ruling vindicates NSA surveillance disclosures

http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...a-surveillance

Edward Snowden, the former security contractor who leaked a trove of National Security Agency documents, welcomed a court ruling on Monday that declared the bulk collection of Americans’ telephone records to be a likely violation of the US constitution.

Snowden said the ruling, by a US district judge, justified his disclosures. “I acted on my belief that the NSA's mass surveillance programs would not withstand a constitutional challenge, and that the American public deserved a chance to see these issues determined by open courts," he said in comments released through Glenn Greenwald, the former Guardian journalist who received the documents from Snowden.

"Today, a secret program authorised by a secret court was, when exposed to the light of day, found to violate Americans’ rights. It is the first of many,” said Snowden, whose statement was first reported by the New York Times.

Judge Richard Leon declared that the mass collection of so-called metadata probably violates the fourth amendment, relating to unreasonable searches and seizures, and was "almost Orwellian" in its scope.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

You're damn right Ed...

plus it exposes the lies and propaganda of corporate media... which has become the true 'ENEMY of the US Constitution and people"
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

Lateral shifts and promotions all around!

“I acted on my belief that the NSA's mass surveillance programs would not withstand a constitutional challenge, and that the American public deserved a chance to see these issues determined by open courts,"
    Yeah, I would love to celebrate, but I'm far from convinced that SCOTUS will take the side of freedom here.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Yeah, I would love to celebrate, but I'm far from convinced that SCOTUS will take the side of freedom here.
    Hope killer!

Quote Originally Posted by green73 View Post
    Hope killer!
    No. I wish I didn't have hope. That would be emotionally easier than constantly losing it.

White House says Snowden should still face charges in U.S.

http://news.yahoo.com/white-house-sa...--finance.html

White House spokesman Jay Carney dismissed the suggestion on Monday that the United States could grant amnesty to former National Security Agency contractor Edward Snowden if he were to turn over the documents in his possession.

"Our position has not changed on that matter at all," Carney told reporters at a briefing in response to a question. "Mr. Snowden has been accused of leaking classified information and he faces felony charges here in the United States. He should be returned to the United States as soon as possible, where he will be accorded full due process in our system."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Wow this should be front page news.

Googled it and all that practically came up was a Slate article saying this judge was "foolish"... $#@!ing hell.
    "We do have some differences and our approaches will be different, but that makes him his own person. I mean why should he [Rand] be a clone and do everything and think just exactly as I have. I think it's an opportunity to be independent minded. We are about 99% [the same on issues]." Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by VoluntaryAmerican View Post
    Wow this should be front page news.

Googled it and all that practically came up was a Slate article saying this judge was "foolish"... $#@!ing hell.
    Bunch a liberal coward hypocrites! If Romney had been president Slate would be calling for his impeachment.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.