Thread: Ohio bill would restore Constitutional Carry!

Ohio bill would restore Constitutional Carry!

No doubt the cop groups will all fear monger over this just as they did with the re-introduction of concealed carry, but we really need it!

Bill would eliminate required license for carrying a concealed handgun in Ohio
    COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Two Republican legislators propose eliminating the license required to carry a concealed handgun in Ohio, a change one describes as an effort to put Second Amendment rights on the same footing as others in the Bill of Rights.
    The bill, introduced Wednesday by Reps. Ron Hood of Ashville and Matt Lynch of Bainbridge Township in Geauga County, would allow any person who is at least 21 years old to carry a concealed firearm, so long as they are not legally prohibited for some reason from having guns.
    “The person’s right to carry a concealed firearm ... that is granted under this division is the same right as is granted to a person who was issued a concealed handgun license,” the bill says.
    Lynch described it as the “constitutional carry bill.”
    The change would leave in place other restrictions, Lynch said. Bans on carrying firearms in some buildings, for example, would still be allowed. But it would eliminate several steps people who wish to carry a concealed weapon now must take before they can legally do so.
    As part of the process for getting the concealed carry license, applicants are fingerprinted and put through criminal and mental competency background checks. They also must show certification of firearms competency, obtained through firearms or peace officer training.
    Lynch said the bill is an effort to treat the right to bear arms in the Second Amendment with the same freedom as other rights.
    “The right in the Second Amendment is the only one in the Bill of Rights that you have to get permission for,” Lynch said.
    “You don’t have to have a speech license or a worship license or a freedom of the press license,” he said. “This is designed to put the Second Amendment on equal footing.”
    House Speaker William G. Batchelder, a Medina Republican, has not seen the bill and as such not taken any position on it, said Mike Dittoe, spokesman for the House Republican caucus. With the House not scheduled to have any sessions the remainder of this year, it will be January before the bill is assigned to a committee for hearings.
    Lynch said House members have shown support for gun rights in the past, and that he is optimistic there could be bipartisan support for the bill.
    The Ohio Association of Police Chiefs declined to take a position, citing a lack of time to review the 125-page pieces of legislation. Efforts to reach the leader of the Buckeye State Sheriffs’ Association were unsuccessful.
    http://www.cleveland.com/open/index...._required.html
    "Sorry, fellows, the rebellion is off. We couldn't get a rebellion permit."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    " so long as they are not legally prohibited for some reason from having guns."
    infringement
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Quote Originally Posted by jkr View Post
    " so long as they are not legally prohibited for some reason from having guns."
    infringement
    No right is absolute, take for example the right to free speech. Slander is not a protected right.

i understand, but i assert an absolute right to defend myself, family. and property.

some remote $#@! declaring that invalid because they have deemed me in their ultimate wisdom to be an unperson is infringement

they do it all the time to their political enemies so that they cannot resit their evil system...

dont like the fed?
    unperson
    talk, touch, defend cannabis?
    unperson
    dont like being extorted WITH WEAPONS so that said criminals can oppress you shoot your dog and destroy your home and MAYBE kill you?
    unperson
    politely reject the notion of PREEMPTIVE WAR?
    unperson
    crazy
    EXTREMIST
    believe in GOD
    unperson

WHY
    CAUSE THEY SAID SO THATS WHY

that is just not good enough for me anymore.
    if i commit an ACTUAL crime with an ACTUAL victim seek remedy, if not i refuse to let insane people i do not know define me or, especially, interpret my GOD given rights away.

they are the aggressors
    they are the ones that have killed hundreds of millions of people for no good $#@!ing reason
    they are the liars and bullies

and i should let them set up parameters for me?
    HA

I RESERVE ALL MY RIGHTS
    THEY ARE NOT OPEN TO INTERPRETATION OR NEGOTIATION

and they can only destroy this body...they probably will eventually anyway
    so what?

i accept critique of my actions, especially if they harm another
    i refuse to let anyone tell me who i am
    Last edited by jkr; 12-13-2013 at 02:21 PM.

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Quote Originally Posted by eduardo89 View Post
    No right is absolute, take for example the right to free speech. Slander is not a protected right.
    but that causes harm, there is a "victim"
    would having committed slander in the past preclude one from speaking in the future weather slanderous or not?

Baptiste said.

Quote Originally Posted by jkr View Post
    but that causes harm, there is a "victim"
    would having committed slander in the past preclude one from speaking in the future weather slanderous or not?

EXACTLY!

Good luck!What are the chances of this passing?No issue is more important to me,I would love to see many other States pass Constitutional carry laws over the next few years.
    Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

A police state is a small price to pay for living in the freest country on earth.

Quote Originally Posted by mad cow View Post
    Good luck!What are the chances of this passing?No issue is more important to me,I would love to see many other States pass Constitutional carry laws over the next few years.

It is going to be an uphill battle, no doubt. The cop groups in Ohio will almost certainly oppose it.

I sent this out to my pro-2nd family members along with the article:

This is something that really should be passed. I am going to call, write, and e-mail my state representative and state senator every day starting Monday. I might run an ad in the paper, too. If this can be passed, the next step would be to remove the unconstitutional infringement preventing convicted felons from legally owning a firearm. They should be allowed to too: EVERYONE has a right to self-defense and the government is infringing upon that right. If a person is “too dangerous” to be allowed a firearm, then they are too dangerous to be roaming the streets and need to be in prison or mental institution (or in some cases just under the guardianship of a responsible person), if applicable, where society is protected from them and where the government has assumed responsibility for the felon’s protection and welfare.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.