Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ohio woman killed by cop during drug raid

Quote Originally Posted by aGameOfThrones View Post
    Don't want negative contacts with police? Don't live in the war-zones of america.
    Are you speaking of "from sea to shining sea?"

How exactly is somebody ever unaware that they fired off a round?
    "Perfect safety is not the purpose of government." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    "I was in the rain forest once, and it rained on me..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Ron Paul suggested a very good first step to the process of restoring sound money... It was beautiful. It left them all standing with their fiats out.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    'Excuse us, we'll be leaving now. Oh, and you don't mind if we just steal this Constitution before we go? You @#$%s aren't using it anyway...'

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by aGameOfThrones View Post
    Don't want negative contacts with police? Don't live in the war-zones of america.
    The ability to move is often dependant on Upward Mobility. There are a lot of people who are trapped where they live.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by paulbot24 View Post

I'd bet he had his finger on the trigger and flinched when a flash-bang grenade went off.
    "Sorry, fellows, the rebellion is off. We couldn't get a rebellion permit."

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    I replied here too, and added stuff since the section was way more active. I also replied to a lady in the Shellenberger thread on this link also with a bit too much truth about the drug war. It was deleted. I think it was less incendiary than the comment they kept.

OK, maybe it was deleted for being a fatal blow to the ego...
    Excellent comment. Your words hold strong medicine.
    XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    It's still there. I just read it as follows:
    Weird, I dunno why I can't see it on my end.

Quote Originally Posted by Tod View Post
    I'd bet he had his finger on the trigger and flinched when a flash-bang grenade went off.
    Really?

I have been on live fire courses with a fully automatic M16,, And mortar fire landing close enough to knock me off my feet and hear the shrapnel ripping air.

With the weapon on auto and my finger on the trigger,,, I never fired a round unintentionally. Or in an unsafe direction. And I burned over 200 rounds.
    The only unintentional rounds I have ever fired were a 12 ga shotgun that malfunctioned and fired both barrels instead of just one.

and a black-powder flash fire.

And I was aware both.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

I added this comment to the Chillicothe paper:

This drug war is entirely the wrong approach to the problem of drugs. Not only is it exacerbating violence, it is needlessly creating criminals of people who aren't necessarily hurting anyone but themselves and placing a HUGE burden on hardworking Americans who are being forced to support a burgeoning prison population seen nowhere else in the world and a rapid militarization of what has historically been a peace force. All to the tune of over a TRILLION dollars so far.

Glen Bradley has it absolutely right in his comment when he notes that police who view their work as "just like the military" have no business in this line of work. Lavender and the rest of them who think like this NEED to find some other way to earn a living. They have altogether the wrong mindset for the job.

It is time for those of us who believe in peace and freedom to stand up and tell our local politicians and law enforcement that we will NOT stand for what amounts to our own enslavement under a mountain of debt. Elect a Sheriff who will take a more realistic and pragmatic approach to the problem of drugs and who will support and defend the constitution as they have sworn in their oath of office, not with empty rhetoric but with bona fide ACTION. Walk the talk.

Refuse to allow armored personnel carriers into your county, do NOT allow your local law enforcers to become beholden to the federal government. Refuse to accept federal grants and surplus equipment, for in that direction lies tyranny.

Further, in the direction of greater freedom for Ohioans, but on a slightly different topic: two Ohio legislators, Ron Hood of Ashville and Matt Lynch of Bainbridge Township in Geauga County, introduced a bill last Wednesday that would further restore the 2nd Amendment rights of Ohioans by eliminating the requirement for Ohioans to seek the permission of government - in the form of a concealed carry license. The bill would restore law abiding Ohioans' right to carry without the restriction of a government permission slip and give Ohioans greater responsibility for their own safety. We all know that when seconds count, the police are only minutes away, or in many cases longer. More here: http://www.cleveland.com/open/index.ssf/2013/12/bill_would_eliminate_required.html .
    Contact your state legislators to express your support for this bill. Not sure who to call? Here you go: https://www.govtrack.us/congress/members/OH
    "Sorry, fellows, the rebellion is off. We couldn't get a rebellion permit."

Weird, I dunno why I can't see it on my end.
    I don't use facebook, but that happens to me all the time with Discus.
    "The Patriarch"

I can see Mr. Bubba Bumpfire now, beating his chest and grabbing his Tapcoe'd SKS, and snarling that he has rights and no SWATdogs are gonna take him down. Good luck Bubba....Indy law or no Indy law...with that attitude I see you on the deck hog tied...or with a chest full of bullets. Your choice.

Not fair? Get over fair...I deal in reality friend. The reality is that you and your M4 or Custom AK are no match for ten trained guys, working in unison, and coming at a time of their choosing, to take you down. Notice that I have not even gotten into the "right or wrong" discussion. Why not? Because it is not relevant.

So what does that mean to you and me?

1). Don't live in an area where zero'dark thirty SWAT entries are common. Simple. If economic events require you to live there, work as much as you can (you can get by on 4 hours of sleep) and make enough money that you can go live in a normal neighborhood where the Ghetto bird and sirens are a rare event not an hourly thing.

I can hear it now, "Ohhhhh....Gabe is a racist". Whatever. I am past caring what irrelevant people call me. Me....I call myself a realist. Argue with me successfully about how many SWAT entries per capita there are in Bel Air as opposed to Nickerson Gardens.

Don't want to have negative contacts with the cops, don't live in the war zones of America.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    When Guns In Police Hands Spontaneously Fire Themselves
    William Norman Grigg

Krystal Barrows, a 35-year-old mother of three, was resting on the couch in her living room in Chillicothe, Ohio when her life was needlessly brought to a violent end by a police officer during a narcotics raid. Barrows was not a suspect.

Ross County Prosecutor Matt Schmidt insists that none of the police deliberately fired his gun into the home. While not ruling out what he called “user error,” Schmidt suggested that a “malfunction” might have been responsible for the errant gunshot.

Using the familiar passive voice construction favored by government-aligned publications when describing state-sanctioned criminal violence, the Chillicothe Gazette reported that the round was fired “from the weapon of a law enforcement officer,” a conveniently ambiguous preposition intended to disguise or diminish the fact that unless the gun suddenly became self-aware, it was fired by a police officer.

A similar circumlocution can be found in the Associated Press’s initial coverage of an incident last October in Chino, California: “Authorities say a police officer’s gun accidentally fired during a school safety demonstration in Southern California and three children were treated for minor injuries.”

The gun in question was an AR-15 rifle of the kind that in the “wrong” hands (that is, those not consecrated to the task of committing state-sanctioned violence) are usually described as “assault weapons.” The official story is that the rifle, which was locked into a weapons mount on a police motorcycle, was left unattended and attracted the interest of a curious student. One of the students recalled that while the officers were handing out anti-drug propaganda (my word, not his) “the kid got hold of the gun and he shot it at the ground….”

One of the children wounded in the “safety demonstration” required surgery to remove shrapnel from his eye.
    If the gun had been a privately owned weapon, its owner would have been arrested for child endangerment. But this act of potentially lethal irresponsibility was committed by sanctified agents of official coercion, so criminal charges won’t be filed.

A school “resource officer” in San Antonio was placed on paid vacation last May when his gun somehow fired itself inside a local middle school. One local news account explained that “the officer was inside his office at Jordan Middle School when the gun accidentally fired around 8:45 a.m.”; no explanation for the gun’s aberrant behavior was offered.

Last March, a gun carried by Officer Sean McCutheon of the Lloyd, New York Police Department spontaneously discharged while the officer was patrolling the halls of a local high school. This story had an unusually positive outcome: The incident prompted the school district to suspend its “resource officer” program.

Given the frequency with which police-owned guns fire themselves, it’s clear that cops should be disarmed in the interest of public safety.
    http://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog/...re-themselves/

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

Don't want to have negative contacts with the cops, don't live in the war zones of America.
    “Well, it's their fault for bringing their kids into a battle.”
    http://pcosmar.blogspot.com/2010/04/...ing-their.html

I knew I had heard that some where before,,,
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Tod View Post
    I agree it was probably accidental, flash bangs going off and what not. But consider it was a drug raid and we all know all drug laws are unconstitutional thus null and void due to "man or other animals" laws. Now the officer and his co conspirators ( fellow officers) are all in for Murder 1 due to the fact they where not lawfully present on the premises.

Assuming it's truthful that he accidentally discharged from outside the door, the cop probably had the trigger covered and was jolted by his own damn flashbang. Regardless he didn't follow basic firearm safety of keeping booger hook off bang button unless you intend to shoot something.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post

Assuming it's truthful that he accidentally discharged from outside the door, the cop probably had the trigger covered and was jolted by his own damn flashbang. Regardless he didn't follow basic firearm safety of keeping booger hook off bang button unless you intend to shoot something.
    This literally blows my mind. Only thing I can think of is as soon as it happened he went into full-on CYA mode. He may have even blocked it from himself if he was scared shirtless enough, but that would kinda take a really weak mind. It's really bad when "CYA and lied" is the benefit of the doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Assuming it's truthful
    A huge assumption. One that I don't share.
    An itchy trigger finger and bloodthirsty anticipation,, and a coverup, are closer to the story.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Hey, at least everyone else in the house wasn't charged with her murder.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...Shot-by-Police

Grand jury quietly returns a "No Bill" on sheriff deputy responsible for killing a Trailer Park Tango. Hey news media, where are you when a white woman in a trailer gets planted by a sheepdog?

McKnight not indicted in Krystal Barrows' shooting

A Ross County grand jury did not return a secret indictment for Ross County Sheriff's Office Sgt. Brett McKnight in the accidental death of Krystal Barrows.

The Ohio Attorney General's Office met with the grand jury Friday, said Jill Del Greco, spokeswoman for the state office. The case is now closed because the grand jury did not return the indictment.

Details of the grand jury's decision are secret under Ohio law, Del Greco said. She could not comment on McKnight's future with the Ross County Sheriff's Office.
    Crickets........

XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Why am I not surprised?

Quote Originally Posted by XNavyNuke View Post
    Grand jury quietly returns a "No Bill" on sheriff deputy responsible for killing a Trailer Park Tango. Hey news media, where are you when a white woman in a trailer gets planted by a sheepdog?

McKnight not indicted in Krystal Barrows' shooting

Crickets........

XNN
    Seems time to posse up and go hunting.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

The government courts investigated the government's actions during a government sanctioned raid by government enforcers and found that the government did nothing wrong.

Of course there is the matter of a dead mundane, rotting, here at our feet.

Meh, collateral damage.

Move along.

Justice will not be found in theire courts.

The government courts investigated the government's actions during a government sanctioned raid by government enforcers and found that the government did nothing wrong.

Of course there is the matter of a dead mundane, rotting, here at our feet.

Meh, collateral damage.

Move along.

Justice will not be found in theire courts.
    I'm jaded enough by now to just expect scumbags to be scumbags, such that that bit doesn't hardly affect me any more. Sad, I know, but cynical is what awake makes you in this day. What pisses me off, is the sheer apathy and the outright justification on the part of the very people getting neck-stomped.

I am sorry this happened. I think I read that they found a large amount of heroin and weapons and living in a trailer park which means they are likely among the poor. I wonder if it was "Cheney White" or "Halliburton Blue" they were selling? You all of course know that stuff is very illegal and if they know they are going into a place to make a heroin bust that the police will be hyped and the ones on roids will be foaming at the mouths before they get to their little war party and make a few hits.

Probably with all the unemployment poor people living in trailer parks will resort to selling drugs to keep a roof over their heads. Isn't that part of the game keep the poor desperate and destitute so you can enslave them and bump them around to prisons?

Can anyone say "they did this to themselves"?

I'm jaded enough by now to just expect scumbags to be scumbags, such that that bit doesn't hardly affect me any more. Sad, I know, but cynical is what awake makes you in this day. What pisses me off, is the sheer apathy and the outright justification on the part of the very people getting neck-stomped.
    They've been poisoned (by what is open to debate) so that in their diseased minds, they enjoy it.

They've been poisoned (by what is open to debate) so that in their diseased minds, they enjoy it.
    AT least part of it comes from this God-forsaken idolatrous American church. Not even a majority of it, really, but it might be a plurality of it except for the effectiveness of public schools indoctrination centers. The Churches of God are become the congregations of satan. There is no more sure strategy for condemning souls than to convince the lost that they are found. Statolatry is not the mark, but it is certainly a mark, considering that that property is so integral to the abominable wretched behavior of the false church.

An even larger role, as mentioned, is filled by the public "schools." I find it patently bizarre how this system of indoctrination, particularly in the years since Jimmy Carter's creation of the Federal Department of Education, has plummeted the ranking of the United States from #1 in education down to...are we below #20 yet? amongst the nations of the world, and yet particularly on the left which claims to care about 'educating the children' most of all, they will defend it to the death. Logical arguments have no effect, you can point to a chart and say, "here we were #1, here we created the DOE, and here the statistics collapse, and here we are #20," and they just stare, glassy eyed, and continue to argue their (now defunct) point as if you had never spoken at all. These progressives will defend their system of indoctrination with an even more heated fervor than the false Christians will defend their idolatrous church of statolatry.

Anybody who is still even capable of thinking, is anesthetized into compliance by either the grace of the oligarchy that allows them to become prosperous, the grind of menial wage-slavery giving them every month more expenses and less money to meet them, a welfare stipend that absolves any real criticism of the state, and/or a media and entertainment complex that leaves the senses dulled and the mind numbed.

There is an open agenda for evil ongoing in the US today, and most of those who are not complicit are utterly complacent.

Yeah, it's not the perpetrators of the evil in whom I am disappointed. Hateful, sure, but not disappointed. I expect nothing different from evil people but to be evil. If they let Charles Manson out of jail tomorrow and he went and killed someone, I would not be surprised that he killed someone, nor would I be wroth that he did, but rather deeply saddened. My wrath would be reserved for the idiots who cut him free.

This tyrant-state operates on a psychological tyranny that could not exist except for the compliance of the masses. Fire is coming to this land, and every day I am less and less convinced that I even want to prevent it. Every new trauma inflicted upon the people of America would spark considerable schadenfreude, except that those of us who are still capable of critical thought (extreme minority though we are) are caught up in the poisonous fruits of their desolation.

The destruction that will come upon these hypocrites, will be utterly complete, and I will not mourn for those who brought it upon themselves by their own stupid hand, but rather I will mourn for those few who still had the presence of mind to oppose it, but suffered it anyway at the whims of the conflagration of fools.

Story from April 11th. Its interesting that this reporter won't let the story just fade away. I wonder if Ms. Barrows was a cousin.

Officers believed fatal shot was ‘complete accident’

But according to statements made by those who participated in the raid and obtained through a public records request by the Gazette, no one really could say how the gun fired, causing the wound that eventually claimed Barrows’ life. The investigation of the fatal shooting determined the fatal shot was accidentally fired from McKnight’s weapon, a H&K UMP .40-caliber firearm, but a grand jury would later choose not to indict him on a criminal charge.
    When Minney observed blood coming from the Barrows’ left ear, he originally assumed the flash bang distraction device law enforcement used upon entry had ruptured her ear drum. When Minney moved Barrows’ head, he immediately discovered the wound.
    The grand jury seriously believed this statement. A .40 S&W at close range to the head is going to leave more that a little blood dribbling from the ear. This was not a Mafia hit with a .22 Short. The spray pattern should have been obvious before he saw a little blood dripping off the earlobe.

According to the investigation, McKnight said he had fired about 1,500 rounds with the firearm in training. McKnight also told investigators he did not know how to explain not knowing that his weapon had fired.
    Color me unimpressed. A veteran officer with 7 years of service before the incident and only 1.5k rounds in training?

Of all of the task force members interviewed, none told investigators they heard a gunshot.
    ... and no one, while under oath, would acknowledge hearing the round fired. Hmmmm.

XNN

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12