Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: Reason Magazine supports forced vaccinations; "no libertarian case for vaccine refusal"

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Exactly my point and why I posted that and revived this thread.

There is no middle ground.

If you grant that the state has the right to shackle you down and inject a drug into against your will, for some perceived greater good, then the state has the right to do pretty much anything it wants to you.
    Tone down that talk. We need to have a 'big tent' and your rhetoric might make some campus liberals angry, and we can't have that!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecolibertarian View Post
    But whether I should be allowed to make health decisions that can potentially negate the decisions of others to vaccinate is another question.
    If you answer is "no" then that is the logic that enables this:

Looks like freedom to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Petar View Post
    The world would definitely be a much better place if a whole lot of people would just commit suicide, or at least get spayed/neutered.

Nonetheless, no one should be in a position where it would be too easy for them to make that kind of decision for others.

That would be the "bad kind" of eugenics, as opposed to the "nice kind" that people should also teach their children about.
    Admitted eugenicist, good to hear.

If you don't want to get sick, then get a vaccine. Boom, you're covered! Why do you need to force vaccines on people who don't want them?

Quote Originally Posted by PRB View Post
    Admitted eugenicist, good to hear.
    Alleged admitted eugenicist.
    Donald Trump > SJW ass-tears

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    No it does not always get dodged by the pro-science crowd. It's just that the anti-science crowd apparently stick their fingers in their ears and yell LALALALALA every time it's explained why it isn't actually that simple.

Then about a day later, they again state, "That always gets dodged by the vaxxers," pretending that nobody ever thought of THAT before.

It is one of the most annoying things about the blatant dishonesty in the cult that I can think of.
    Lloyd Pye.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilsAdvocate View Post
    If you don't want to get sick, then get a vaccine. Boom, you're covered! Why do you need to force vaccines on people who don't want them?
    I think you nailed it right there. I have to admit when I first read the article in Reason I thought they had a point, although I disagreed. But you're absolutely right, all you need to do is voluntarily take the vaccine, you don't need to force it on someone else. I feel dumb for missing that! Dang.

What about forced quarantine for something really deadly that has no vaccine?

Even though I disagree with Reason magazine on this I think it's wrong to brand them as an enemy. They're right most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    What about forced quarantine for something really deadly that has no vaccine?
    This is a tricky one. And actually I think we would need to do this if the illness is really deadly. Some of these viruses are really scary, such as the Ebola virus, and can become a global threat very quickly.

The hard part is getting competent people in high places who can make and execute these decisions based on the real objective scientific data regarding the speed of transmission, the method of transmission, and the deadliness of the illness. We don't want to put people in concentration camps because of "swine flu" or some other idiotic media frenzy.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is a tricky one. And actually I think we would need to do this if the illness is really deadly. Some of these viruses are really scary, such as the Ebola virus, and can become a global threat very quickly.

The hard part is getting competent people in high places who can make and execute these decisions based on the real objective scientific data regarding the speed of transmission, the method of transmission, and the deadliness of the illness. We don't want to put people in concentration camps because of "swine flu" or some other idiotic media frenzy.
    How can we trust vaccines when we can't even trust the people who make them?
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

Is it just me or does Reason Magazine print a lot of Unreasonable things?

Quote Originally Posted by BucksforPaul View Post
    You just don't understand their great contribution to the liberty movement. From never having any success promoting the beliefs to attempting to destroy Ron Paul's campaign out of jealousy to defending forced vaccinations and denigrating the non-aggression principle, these guys have really been exemplars for freedom.

Good grief.

Let's put all the non-vaxers in concentration camps because they are a threat to the health of all the vaccinated?

And this non-logic is supposed to say that vaccinations work?
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Good grief.

Let's put all the non-vaxers in concentration camps because they are a threat to the health of all the vaccinated?

No, you are misrepresenting what I'm saying. Carefully read the comment I was replying too. If there is an extremely deadly virus with no vaccine, such as an airborn strain of ebola (no vaccine, 90%+ fatality rate) that has the potential to wipe out the world, then we need to take steps to quarantine the infected people.

If the virus is something even more insanely virulent, such as one of these biological warfare concoctions (imagine 100% fatality rate, massive communicability), then it may become necessary to kill the infected people. It's a hard thing to say, especially on a libertarian website, I hope you can take my point as a logical one, rather than an emotional one.
    Last edited by DevilsAdvocate; 04-20-2014 at 11:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BucksforPaul View Post
    When I think of Reason Magazine I think of all the deaths, torture, and pain that country after country have handed down to their own citizenry. This pain and suffering is usually created by some power mad freak. But brought to fruition with the help of some jack-ass with good intentions. One of those jack-asses in today's world is Reason Magazine.
    “No people will tamely surrender their Liberties, nor can any be easily subdued, when knowledge is diffused and virtue is preserved. On the Contrary, when People are universally ignorant, and debauched in their Manners, they will sink under their own weight without the Aid of foreign Invaders.”
    ― Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior_of_Freedom View Post
    How can we trust vaccines when we can't even trust the people who make them?
    He wasn't talking about vaccines. Quaratines with no vaccine.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Good grief.

Not talking about vaccines.

On a slightly different topic, I asked this earlier. Would you get the rabies shots if you were bitten by a rabid dog?
    Last edited by Madison320; 04-21-2014 at 09:29 AM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by sgt150 View Post
    Tone down that talk. We need to have a 'big tent' and your rhetoric might make some campus liberals angry, and we can't have that!
    I doubt anyone believes the 'big tent' would include a belief that forced vaccination promotes liberty. Hopefully 'big tent' means diverse groups with a common foundational belief in the individual freedom to think, feel, believe, act, and do what you want, as long as it doesn't hurt anyone. (And no, I don't mean hurt someone's feelings. )
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    Not talking about vaccines.

On a slightly different topic, I asked this earlier. Would you get the rabies shots if you were bitten by a rabid dog?
    Depends on the circumstances; there is now reports of rabies being cured w/o vaccinations.

BUT- the issue here is 'forced' vaccinations.

If someone wants to be vaccinated, for whatever reason, then they should have the freedom to do so; AND if one chooses not to be vaccinated, they should also have that freedom of choice.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by TruckinMike View Post
    When I think of Reason Magazine I think of all the deaths, torture, and pain that country after country have handed down to their own citizenry. This pain and suffering is usually created by some power mad freak. But brought to fruition with the help of some jack-ass with good intentions. One of those jack-asses in today's world is Reason Magazine.
    +rep for a great and succinct analysis.

Exclamation REASON: Are the Unvaccinated Legally Responsible?

One alleged measles death in 12 years. Hysteria ensues.

Reason Magazine wastes no time using the opportunity to advance its forced drug agenda.

Immune Compromised Woman Dies of Measles: Are the Unvaccinated Legally Responsible? | Reason.com

This follows up exactly with Ronald Bailey's article from 2013, where he argued for using government to punish and harass unvaccinated people.

I read a number of articles on this subject, and although there is plenty of hysterical ravings to go around, Reason is the only one I found actually advancing this point of going after unvaccinated people. Even some of the most rabidly statist outlets don't go this far.

FYI: Ironically, the deceased woman was already vaccinated for measles, but died anyway. Apparently she was on a whole bunch of different pharmaceutical drugs, and her immune system was compromised. The vaccine didn't give her immunity, and she died in a hospital. But nevermind that; the real problem is other patients having too much freedom.
    Opposition Candidate Research Threads for 2016: Donald Trump | Rick Santorum | Jeb Bush | Rick Perry | Marco Rubio | Ben Carson | Chris Christie | Scott Walker | Mike Huckabee | Paul Ryan | Ted Cruz | Bobby Jindal | Carly Fiorina | Hillary Clinton | Bernie Sanders | Elizabeth Warren | Jim Webb | Gary Johnson

{ Visit PoliceStateUSA.com }

Reason's latest piece seemed to rile a lot of its own libertarian followers on Facebook.

Alan Wood I think it’s ironic that a news outlet called “Reason” is implying that unvaccinated people at a hospital are to blame for a very sick v a c c i n a t e d woman dying of a disease... Are we seriously supposed to believe that a government enforced program of forced pharmaceuticals being injected into everyone, (which in many cases are known to be largely ineffective as well as causing serious bodily harm to many people), is the reasonable solution? This page might have to change its name to Unreasonable Magazine.

Susan Haymon Wow it is amazing to read the BS coming from people who read (and publish) libertarian journals.

Ginger Jorgensen Radonich This is a ridiculous straw man argument. The woman WAS vaccinated. The woman was in a health care facility which presumably has other sick people in it. I expect reason from Reason.

Steve Curtin So many authoritarian sickos in an alleged libertarian page.

Kimberly Wright Unbelievable. Reason doesn't even make a peep about SB277 that would have forced even homeschooled kids to be forcibly vaccinated without amendment and still severely limits homeschoolers ability to congregate despite vaccination rates already being well above targets and an 18% drop in personal belief exemptions from previous years. Seems like a concern for the cause of liberty. But THIS you'll mention. I love that a person who dies, or is crippled or brain damaged immediately after vaccination has to jump through a million hoops to get anyone to admit it was the vaccine but a woman with a host of other ailments happens to also have measles discovered in autopsy and it is immediately declared the cause of death. I hope everyone who is calling for the maybe/possible/might be person who infected her to take responsibility also quarantined themselves or their children for 2 months following any of their live virus vaccines since that also spreads the viruses.

Aidan James Browne I can't believe a so called libertarian publication is championing the prosecution of individuals who choose not to get vaccinated, could you be more full of $#@!, seriously?

Baldous Huxley WTF...is REASON, the magazine of "Free Minds and Free Markets" now advocating for MANDATORY vaccinations at the behest of govt.? Isn't this the same REASON who is against govt. provided health care and govt. mandated health insurance but now you are FOR govt. mandates involving injecting something into ones body the govt. says you MUST have? Seriously, WTF?

Andrew Poliakoff Are you joking? It's sad to see this sort of article coming out of Reason.

Martin Hoer So now Reason is shilling for big government/big pharma. The woman was vaccinated, if anybody should be sued it would be the maker of the inferior product that obviously did not work. Every time Reason puts these articles on vaccinations up they lose credibility. If these products work as big government/big pharma claim then those vaccinated should not worry about the unvaccinated as they are the ones unprotected.

Adam Miller I'm VERY disappointed in Reason Magazine. You're reading a lot like Slate right now. Holy $#@!ing $#@!.

Aaron von Prinz Go home Reason, you're drunk. You lose credibility as a libertarian news source every time you post garbage like this. How is Ronald Bailey still writing for you? He's terrible, and he's been terrible for a while now.

Evan Lightner Wow this is so libertarian!! Thanks Reason Magazine for being on board with the State and Big Pharma's mandatory vaccination agenda against people's will. Its super liberty, we appreciate it!
    Opposition Candidate Research Threads for 2016: Donald Trump | Rick Santorum | Jeb Bush | Rick Perry | Marco Rubio | Ben Carson | Chris Christie | Scott Walker | Mike Huckabee | Paul Ryan | Ted Cruz | Bobby Jindal | Carly Fiorina | Hillary Clinton | Bernie Sanders | Elizabeth Warren | Jim Webb | Gary Johnson

Those same people pushing all the vaccines will no doubt give their kids a chemical slew of vaccines, and some of them will then be writing articles supporting autism research while at the same time saying anyone who links chemicals in vaccines to autism is a jew-hating conspiracy nut who thinks George Bush used tomahawk missiles to take down the twin towers.
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

Most libertarians realize that the government often gets things wrong - why would any libertarian trust the government to tell them what vaccines to get? Trust your doctor, if you have a doctor you trust - or trust your own research - but the government? Why should I do that, Reason? Can you answer that question? Do you honestly believe there is no room for corruption in the medical establishment? Really??
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

LibForestPaul

Quote Originally Posted by Contumacious View Post
    What is the difference between preventing you from shooting at me or mine with a firearm or preventing you from infecting me with a communicable disease while at a public place?

Mistakes:
    1) Public place.
    2) Shooting me.
    3) Infecting me.
    4) Disease.

Would you like to go through these one at a time?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Today at "FreedomFest," Reason Magazine Editor-In-Chief Matt Welch will moderate a debate called "Should Vaccines Be Mandatory." Reason's veteran science correspondent Ronald Bailey will deliver the case for forced vaccinations.

Because nothing says freedom better than using the state to mass-medicate the "herd."

DEBATE "Should Vaccines be Mandatory?" Ronald Bailey vs Dr. Bob Sears; Matt Welch, mod.

Blimp
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Blimp
    TReason Magazine.

Maybe they just might be trying to destroy liberty?
    Not to mention their support for open borders and ChiCom predatory trade.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

$#@! forced vaccinations.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

There is no vaccine for the common cold.
    There is now.

Let the powers that be launch a bio-weapon "terror" attack.

This country will go Full Nazi Retard in 48 hours.
    Two weeks to flatten the curve...

Quote Originally Posted by Mini-Me View Post
    In times of crisis, it's more important than ever to listen to the experts.
    Especially Fauci, the CDC, and Gov Whitmer.

Quote Originally Posted by dinosaur View Post
    I don't know whether to get angry or cry after reading this thread. I hope all the forced vaccination buzz in the press isn't leading up to something.
    Did you get your vaccine passport yet?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

I'm not responsible for your health. You are.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast