Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Reason Magazine supports forced vaccinations; "no libertarian case for vaccine refusal"

Exclamation Reason Magazine supports forced vaccinations; "no libertarian case for vaccine refusal"

Reason Magazine says that there is "no principled libertarian case for vaccine refusal," in Ronald Bailey's "pragmatic argument for coercive vaccination."

I thoroughly debunk this tripe and set the record straight on libertarianism. Reason has a faction of militant "science" promoters who care absolutely nothing about liberty.

Reason Magazine openly advocates forced vaccination | Police State USA

If you want to write for Police State USA.... contact me with a writing sample. admin@policestateusa.com
    Opposition Candidate Research Threads for 2016: Donald Trump | Rick Santorum | Jeb Bush | Rick Perry | Marco Rubio | Ben Carson | Chris Christie | Scott Walker | Mike Huckabee | Paul Ryan | Ted Cruz | Bobby Jindal | Carly Fiorina | Hillary Clinton | Bernie Sanders | Elizabeth Warren | Jim Webb | Gary Johnson

{ Visit PoliceStateUSA.com }

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Reason magazine is all over the place. Seems that they cater to corporate donors at times.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Wow... that doesn't even make sense that a supposed 'free thinking' magazine would argue against a person's god-given right to choose what is best for himself (herself)...

What frauds.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Yeah but this is water under the bridge since Reason leads the way in libertarian resistance on issues as fundamentally important as trans fat bans in fast food restaurants

AHEM!

$#@! REASON

phew, its been a while...
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Quote Originally Posted by jkr View Post
    AHEM!

$#@! REASON

phew, its been a while...

I will say it again..

$#@! REASON. what a complete crock of $#@!!
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Reason magazine is all over the place. Seems that they cater to corporate donors at times.

Sure. Beltway libertarians.

Here's a ink to the real article, not the blog that is telling us what he said: http://reason.com/archives/2013/12/0...-free-riders-1

Forum hiccup.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by sgt150 View Post
    Yeah but this is water under the bridge since Reason leads the way in libertarian resistance on issues as fundamentally important as trans fat bans in fast food restaurants
    Their first thought seems to be what "what would the largest corporations want us to say"?

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    Wow... that doesn't even make sense that a supposed 'free thinking' magazine would argue against a person's god-given right to choose what is best for himself (herself)...

What frauds.
    Frauds, indeed.
    There is no spoon.

Their first thought seems to be what "what would the largest corporations want us to say"?
    Yep. They are the reason why the left's critique of libertarians as corporate whores isn't 100 percent bull$#@!.

So much stupid ... both in the article and in the comments.

Reason are a mixed bag.

On one hand, they attempt to portray libertarianism as mainstream and productive by doing everything they can to distance themselves from the Gigi Bowman wing of the liberty movement ideologically, sometimes to their detriment.
    On the other, they fuel the Gigi Bowman wing of the liberty movement by heaping lavish praise upon the likes of Gary Johnson and Robert Sarvis and criticizing liberty-minded Republicans.
    Last edited by compromise; 12-11-2013 at 01:34 PM.

"Just get your damn vaccines people" said the pretty looking robot lady.

"One thing my years in Washington taught me is that most politicians are followers, not leaders. Therefore we should not waste time and resources trying to educate politicians. Politicians will not support individual liberty and limited government unless and until they are forced to do so by the people," says Ron Paul."

Here's a real out there question for the people opposed to mandatory vaccination (I'm on the fence): If an unvaccinated person transmits a preventable disease to another person, does the person that became infected have the right to sue for damages? If the person dies should the unvaccinated person be charged with negligent homicide?

Quote Originally Posted by brandon View Post
    Here's a real out there question for the people opposed to mandatory vaccination (I'm on the fence): If an unvaccinated person transmits a preventable disease to another person, does the person that became infected have the right to sue for damages? If the person dies should the unvaccinated person be charged with negligent homicide?
    Uhhhhh....

If the person that contacts the disease is already vaccinated, then sue Big Pharma. If they are not vaccinated, then they made the same choice as the person with the disease, who was not vaccinated.
    There is no spoon.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No and no. Any other questions?

Haven't there been cases of people winning damages for STD transmission? I don't think this is any different really.

I don't think you could get it through criminal court, as it would be hard to prove that the infection passed directly from person A to person B. But civil court would probably award some damages.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Haven't there been cases of people winning damages for STD transmission? I don't think this is any different really.

I don't think you could get it through criminal court, as it would be hard to prove that the infection passed directly from person A to person B. But civil court would probably award some damages.
    The "Fiscally conservative/socially liberal" bit is not helping.
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

Careful, there is no reason to inflame the young. The way I see it statist sternographies, like this, help the ingenuous vette their sources. $#@! reason, come to me with a needle and I will give you prick. Wont be a flesh one . Next they will be calling for the incarceration of everyone because, "Nature dur dur dur durrrr," that's why.

As if a needed another reason. Thiel, pull your nominal libertarian head out of your statist ass.
    Last edited by bolil; 12-11-2013 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFanatic View Post
    I meant to quote "compromise" here, not you.
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFanatic View Post
    Yeah, or "free markets, free minds" as Reason say. Just saying that stuff alienates both conservatives and liberals instantly.

Quote Originally Posted by compromise View Post
    Yeah, or "free markets, free minds" as Reason say. Just saying that stuff alienates both conservatives and liberals instantly.
    But they always have a great quote for the New York Times or Washington Post to justify government. The $#@! in the leather jacket is always great when he's getting pummeled by blithering idiots on the Bill Maher show too.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post

It's different in that the vaccinated have received a product that has not performed as it was sold to have performed. So the responsibility rests on the vaccine manufacturer to pay for damages.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by moostraks View Post
    It's different in that the vaccinated have received a product that has not performed as it was sold to have performed. So the responsibility rests on the vaccine manufacturer to pay for damages.
    Vaccines, like condoms, don't claim 100% effectiveness rates.

Vaccines, like condoms, don't claim 100% effectiveness rates.
    Then another reason that no one should be advocating force.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by sgt150 View Post
    But they always have a great quote for the New York Times or Washington Post to justify government. The $#@! in the leather jacket is always great when he's getting pummeled by blithering idiots on the Bill Maher show too.
    Nick Gillespie? He handled Bill Maher and Rachel Maddow extremely well, mopped the floor with em.

Quote Originally Posted by rambone View Post
    Reason Magazine says that there is "no principled libertarian case for vaccine refusal," in Ronald Bailey's "pragmatic argument for coercive vaccination."

I thoroughly debunk this tripe and set the record straight on libertarianism. Reason has a faction of militant "science" promoters who care absolutely nothing about liberty.

Reason Magazine openly advocates forced vaccination | Police State USA

If you want to write for Police State USA.... contact me with a writing sample. admin@policestateusa.com
    What is the difference between preventing you from shooting at me or mine with a firearm or preventing you from infecting me with a communicable disease while at a public place?

.DON'T TAX ME BRO!!!

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brush fires of freedom in the minds of men." -- Samuel Adams (1722-1803)

That's a great point.

Reason is worse than Bloomberg on this issue. At least he let's people opt out for religious reasons.
    http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?se...lth&id=9355853

NEW YORK (WABC) -- New York City will soon require young children who go to preschool or day care to get flu shots.

The Board of Health voted Wednesday in favor of the mandatory vaccine for children under 6.

Health officials say the measure will save lives. And Dr. Jay Varma, deputy commissioner for disease control, says the measure could keep as many as 20,000 city kids from getting sick.

The initiative takes effect in 30 days. The vaccine will be required for about 150,000 children.

Parents may opt out for medical and religious reasons.

"We estimate that 10 to 25,000 kids won't suffer the flu because of that vaccine . For every 100 kids under the age of 5, 40 of them will get sick in any year from the flu," said Dr. Jay Varma, Deputy Commissioner for Disease Control for New York City.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

Quote Originally Posted by Contumacious View Post
    What is the difference between preventing you from shooting at me or mine with a firearm or preventing you from infecting me with a communicable disease while at a public place?

2 different kinds of "force".

Why don't we castrate you, in case you might rape someone?
    There is no spoon.

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast