Thread: Bitcoin v/s Other Cryptocurrency

Bitcoin v/s Other Cryptocurrency

So I am starting to re-think my position concerning bitcoin and kick myself for not getting in back in 09. However, the last concern that I have had still remains and I wonder if anyone here could speak to this concern. With all of these other cryptocurrencies sprouting up everywhere, why chose bitcoin over any of them? Why not just jump on every new one that pops up and will the emergence of all these new ones necessarily bring bitcoin down? Thx..

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Part of what makes a cryptocurrency valuable is the amount of network resources verifying transactions as this increases security. Another part of what makes them valuable is how widespread their use is and who accepts them.

Bitcoin is the most popular, you can ultimately buy just about anything and has the most network infrastructure verifying transactions.

That doesn't mean there won't be complimentary cryptocurrencies or that another cryptocurrency won't take out bitcoin some day, but there would have to be a good reason for that.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."