Thread: My City Taxes include curbside trash pick up. If.....

My City Taxes include curbside trash pick up. If.....

If for some reason lets say the garbage man forgot to pick up my garbage or I had more garbage in one week than would fit in the can, would it be wrong to take that garbage and dispose of it into a dumpster located at a school or other tax funded location?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    If for some reason lets say the garbage man forgot to pick up my garbage or I had more garbage in one week than would fit in the can, would it be wrong to take that garbage and dispose of it into a dumpster located at a school or other tax funded location?
    It wouldn't be "wrong' per se. It would most likely be illegal.

Morally no, legally yes.

Would it be wrong or illegal if my can was full to put a bag of trash in my neighbors can that is situated on the curb ready for pickup?

Would it be wrong or illegal if my can was full to put a bag of trash in my neighbors can that is situated on the curb ready for pickup?
    It sounds to me that this would be a local interest and you would need to speak with your respective service.

With or without permission? It's illegal without permission. Might be illegal with, you'd have to look at local law. Morally with permission it's fine, not without.

Kinda funny how garbage is treated. First they tell you how expensive it is to dispose of thus expensive taxes. Then they decide to burn it to produce electricity and recycle it. Then you cannot take someone else's trash that is put out to the street. Possibly maybe if you put your can out to the street and then decided to take something out of it you might be breaking some kind of law. In my town they have a transfer station where you back up to a particular area depending on what you are discarding and throw it over a cement wall. Cardboard goes in one place. Newspapers someplace else. Metal elsewhere, brush.....and all burnable someplace else. The incinerator that produces electricity is onsite. It is illegal to scavenge or remove anything from the facility however workers scavenge anything they want. These city jobs are big $$ and you have to be connected to get one. A purchased permit is required and I think now they also charge by weight to dispose. Crazy people pay to throw away their aluminum. Garbage will soon be very profitable business.

Kinda funny how garbage is treated. First they tell you how expensive it is to dispose of thus expensive taxes. Then they decide to burn it to produce electricity and recycle it. Then you cannot take someone else's trash that is put out to the street. Possibly maybe if you put your can out to the street and then decided to take something out of it you might be breaking some kind of law. In my town they have a transfer station where you back up to a particular area depending on what you are discarding and throw it over a cement wall. Cardboard goes in one place. Newspapers someplace else. Metal elsewhere, brush.....and all burnable someplace else. The incinerator that produces electricity is onsite. It is illegal to scavenge or remove anything from the facility however workers scavenge anything they want. These city jobs are big $$ and you have to be connected to get one. A purchased permit is required and I think now they also charge by weight to dispose. Crazy people pay to throw away their aluminum. Garbage will soon be very profitable business.
    Garbage has been a profitable business for some time now. Just ask the mob. The government is just now catching on.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    We have the transfer station. Sticker to use it is like $5, but nobody checks it. Trash is $2.50 a bag, recycling is free for everything but tires, $2 a tire. If you are careful about recycling everything, an average family will only produce a bag of garbage every other week. Well we do anyway. They also take construction and yard waste by the pound. I've seen people pull stuff out of the dumpsters and the workers didn't care.

The best part of tax funded trash is the workers pensions..

I don't have the numbers, but I suspect our transfer station doesn't make enough to support itself and is partially tax funded.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    I don't have the numbers, but I suspect our transfer station doesn't make enough to support itself and is partially tax funded.
    I would bet mine does.