Thread: So I bought an AR-7 (Henry US Survival Rifle .22)

So I bought an AR-7 (Henry US Survival Rifle .22)

With only a 16" barrel, and very basic sights, it is not a "dead nuts" .22 rifle. However, weighing only 2.5 pounds, and breaking down to fit inside the butt stock, I have found a great addition to my "OMG Bag". The price is awesome at $259, and makes it possible to carry that coveted .22 rifle with your survival gear without adding tons of weight in weapon and ammo in addition to your main "battle gear".

I HIGHLY recommend this weapon to anyone looking for a similar fix.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaZGW09rdGI

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And it floats!I have always wanted one,one of these days I will get one.Henry is a great company.
    Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

A police state is a small price to pay for living in the freest country on earth.

Quote Originally Posted by mad cow View Post
    And it floats!I have always wanted one,one of these days I will get one.Henry is a great company.
    I have a waterproof , floating gun case for my duck hunting shotgun( had to fish two out of the water once )

Quote Originally Posted by mad cow View Post
    I had only recently heard of the rifle (maybe 6 months ago), and the main reason I had not gotten one yet was that I had just purchased a few firearms. But every time I went to the gun store, it was sitting there staring at me...haha.

Finally my super awesome wife just went and got it for me. Damn, I love that woman.

For those of you still looking, consider the Ruger 10/22 Takedown model.

http://youtu.be/tVnxf73KKks

More expensive, but tons of accessories available., including 25 round magazines (Factory and aftermarket).
    Legitimate use of violence can only be that which is required in self-defense.
    -Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by DaninPA View Post
    For those of you still looking, consider the Ruger 10/22 Takedown model.

http://youtu.be/tVnxf73KKks

More expensive, but tons of accessories available., including 25 round magazines (Factory and aftermarket).
    I looked at the Ruger as well. It is a better rifle than the AR-7, and really not that much more expensive. However, I went with the Henry as it allowed me to easily have a .22 rifle in my pack, without having to sacrifice gear to make room. I have three .22 rifles, but wanted one I could stick in my bag and forget about. I looked at gun scabbards as well, but finally settled on the fact it is a rifle for survival situations and nothing else.

Like I said, it was a fix for my load out in the event of having to bug out, that allows me to have the equipment and weapons I would want/need without having to change everything around.

I have a Springfield M6 Scout 22/410 combo gun I bought years ago, folds up and will fit in my back pack. Very Accurate little gun. Springfield no longer sells them

I've been wanting a M6 Scout for a long time. The 410 barrel lets you hunt birds and launch flares - both a big advantage if you are in a survival situation. I think it also will let you shoot .45 ACP, but I might be confusing it with another rifle.

This gun does come in .22 hornet, which is reloadable. so a pocket press, some primers n/ powder and some bullets would let you carry a lot of potential ammo in a small form factor. also let you hunt larger game.

-t

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Wild West Guns in Alaska makes a takedown .457 lever action with scope ( Copilot), but they start @ $2400 . Comes right in half in a soft case.
    Last edited by oyarde; 03-16-2014 at 01:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tangent4ronpaul View Post
    I've been wanting a M6 Scout for a long time. The 410 barrel lets you hunt birds and launch flares - both a big advantage if you are in a survival situation. I think it also will let you shoot .45 ACP, but I might be confusing it with another rifle.

This gun does come in .22 hornet, which is reloadable. so a pocket press, some primers n/ powder and some bullets would let you carry a lot of potential ammo in a small form factor. also let you hunt larger game.

-t
    I have a bunch of .410 deer slugs on hand , it is what the Mrs used to shoot deer with .

Rossi has a short barrel carbine that shoots .45 Long Colt and .410 , locally they run $450 .

All of these weapons are excellent .

./
    Last edited by specsaregood; 05-16-2016 at 10:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Got the wife out there too; her first time ever shooting. We put a couple hundred .22 rounds through the henry and also put a box through her dads old off duty weapon: .38special. She really enjoyed shooting the .22 as it was "less violent than I expected"; but the .38 was loud and violent enough for both. She wasn't a bad shot neither.
    Excellent! May I suggest a couple more boxes of .22 and letting her and a friend take a "girls weekend" and do a LadySeed?

LadySeed - RWVA

Lady instructors and lady students. Marksmanship mixed with Colonial America history from a woman's POV. (Full disclosure. My daughter is a instructor.)

http://www.divawow.org/pages/popups/...appleseed.html

XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

Quote Originally Posted by Intoxiklown View Post
    I HIGHLY recommend this weapon to anyone looking for a similar fix.

accessorize

Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

//
    Last edited by specsaregood; 05-16-2016 at 10:04 PM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Rossi has a short barrel carbine that shoots .45 Long Colt and .410 , locally they run $450 .
    The Judge? (rifle, of course)
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

But what she really wants now is for me to get her compound bow I picked up off craigslist a few years back fixed up and get her signed up for some archery lessons. I'm completely out of my element with that, so I'll just outsource that job.
    Sounds like a plan!

XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    The Judge? (rifle, of course)
    Yes

./
    Last edited by specsaregood; 05-16-2016 at 10:13 PM.

On that topic. We were at a party the other day and my wife was talking to her cousin in law (female) and somehow the topic of guns came up and she excitedly offered how we had gone shooting recently. And her cousin was saying her dad always wants to take her but she is intimated... Next I know the lil' woman is talking about the guns we shot and the differences and how fun it was and then they go setting up plans for us all to go shooting again sometime soon.
    Sounds like you should invite the cousin the next time you and your wife go to the range!
    XNN

On that topic. We were at a party the other day and my wife was talking to her cousin in law (female) and somehow the topic of guns came up and she excitedly offered how we had gone shooting recently. And her cousin was saying her dad always wants to take her but she is intimated... Next I know the lil' woman is talking about the guns we shot and the differences and how fun it was and then they go setting up plans for us all to go shooting again sometime soon.
    Stop by , I will let the ladies shoot my Browning 12 Ga semi auto , I think I have some clay pigeons in the small Amish barn , if the raccoons have not eaten them