Thread: Peercoin: PPCusd pair added @ BTCe exchange; PPCbtc soars

Peercoin: PPCusd pair added @ BTCe exchange; PPCbtc soars

Last edited by presence; 11-29-2013 at 03:32 PM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Oh look another one...

Quote Originally Posted by gwax23 View Post
    Oh look another one...
    Peercoin is not just "another one" 111,000,000 USD market cap puts it at #3 coin to BTC, LTC.

see:

http://coinmarketcap.com/

Do learn more about proof of work before dismissing:

Peercoin (code: PPC), also known as PPCoin and Peer-to-Peer Coin is the first cryptocurrency based on an implementation of a combined proof-of-stake (PoS)/proof-of-work system (PoW).[1]

Peercoin (PPC) was created by software developer Sunny King (who later developed the cryptocurrency Primecoin) in August 2012.[1] Peercoin was inspired by Bitcoin, and it shares much of the source code and technical implementation of Bitcoin.[3] The Primecoin source code is distributed under the MIT/X11 software license.[4]

As of 28 November 2013, one Peercoin had a value of approximately 4 USD, making Peercoin the fourth largest cryptocurrency with a money supply valued at 83 million USD.[5] Unlike Bitcoin, Namecoin, and Litecoin, Peercoin does not have a hard limit on the number of possible coins, but is designed to eventually attain an annual inflation rate of 1 percent. This feature, along with increased energy efficiency, aim to allow for greater long-term scalability.

also noteworthy;

-10X

then

+10X

a smaller coin TRC is due to have its TRC/BTC pair hosting canceled at BTCe as of 1/12/13. On news prices plummeted; they've recovered massively in the past few hours:

Last edited by presence; 11-29-2013 at 03:33 PM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Peercoin is probably the most different from Bitcoin out of all the cryptos. It's not new. BTC-E had PPC/BTC before, they finally added PPC/USD.
    Rand Paul 2016

Its definitely not better than SuckerCoin and FoolsCoin. Hell even PoopyCoin has a better system. You guys should seriously consider PoopyCoin its system is modeled only slightly after Guliblecoin but its so much better trust me. Its gonna be great.

Its definitely not better than SuckerCoin and FoolsCoin. Hell even PoopyCoin has a better system. You guys should seriously consider PoopyCoin its system is modeled only slightly after Guliblecoin but its so much better trust me. Its gonna be great.
    You mad bro?
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV View Post
    You mad bro?
    No just amused.

*Back in character*

"No I just want you guys to buy DigiCoins instead. I bought a lot of those when they where dirt cheap, so I would love to convince people to buy these worthless pixels to pump up the price so I can dump them for a hefty profit later. So screw Peercoins buy DigiCoins!!"

*Out of Character*

No just amused.

*Back in character*

"No I just want you guys to buy DigiCoins instead. I bought a lot of those when they where dirt cheap, so I would love to convince people to buy these worthless pixels to pump up the price so I can dump them for a hefty profit later. So screw Peercoins buy DigiCoins!!"

*Out of Character*
    You seem more jealous than anything to me; bitter, even. It has been explained many times what the REAL benefits of digital currencies are. It's no wonder that there are more than one of them. It has already been pumped and dumped, and then it rose again, so you have to at least give it credit for that. The fact that there was a speculative bubble does not take away from its legitimacy because now it's reaching new heights which means it has staying power and is not just a scheme. People are getting rich off of this because they are playing an important part in developing something ground-breaking that will change the way people do business. It's not going anywhere, so get used to it. If it's so easy to create a coin and get rich off of it, then why don't you develop your own?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Holy crap my investment in alt cryptos has gone up about 40x
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV View Post
    You seem more jealous than anything to me; bitter, even. It has been explained many times what the REAL benefits of digital currencies are. It's no wonder that there are more than one of them. It has already been pumped and dumped, and then it rose again, so you have to at least give it credit for that. The fact that there was a speculative bubble does not take away from its legitimacy because now it's reaching new heights which means it has staying power and is not just a scheme. People are getting rich off of this because they are playing an important part in developing something ground-breaking that will change the way people do business. It's not going anywhere, so get used to it. If it's so easy to create a coin and get rich off of it, then why don't you develop your own?
    No, I don't think he's bitter. If he's like me, he just sees it as another Ponzi scheme.

Maybe it won't go away, maybe it will. But it is speculation, gambling.

Support it if you want. Maybe someday we'll have no more currency that we can just hand to someone without any tracking (and you can say that digital coin can't be tracked but you don't really know, at the least if your hard drive is confiscated, or you could be water boarded to give it up).

If this stuff crashes (because the gov comes down hard on it or whatever else may be) then someone is going to be holding a digital barrel full of "pixels" (even if they are high-res pixels).

I would say that the global government is all for this type of thing. Better to track you with (in the long run).
    Last edited by ClydeCoulter; 11-29-2013 at 09:25 PM.
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeCoulter View Post
    No, I don't think he's bitter. If he's like me, he just sees it as another Ponzi scheme.

Support it if you want. Maybe someday we'll have no more currency that we can just hand to someone without any tracking (and you can say that digital coin can't be tracked but you don't really know, at the least if your hard drive is confiscated, or you could be water boarded to give it up).

If this stuff crashes (because the gov comes down hard on it or whatever else may be) then someone is going to be holding a digital barrel full of "pixels" (even if they are high-res pixels).

I would say that the global government is all for this type of thing. Better to track you with (in the long run).

Yes. Im honestly concerned for all of you neck deep in this $#@!.

Its not gonna end up good. This isnt about money or not investing or missing opportunities this is about me genuinely thinking this is gonna blow up in all your faces.

lol @ libertarians getting mad at what the market is providing

I have already covered and cashed out my $2500 initial investment. It is impossible at this point for me to do any worse than break even.

I just can't understand why people keep calling it a Ponzi scheme. I thought people like Peter Schiff and members of this forum would know better than that. A Ponzi scheme is not just about "early adopters". It is unsustainable by design. The new money is used to pay interest to the early subscribers, but early adopters of bitcoin are completely different because they are not getting paid off with other peoples' investments. You should be ashamed of yourself for calling it a Ponzi scheme. Call it a bad investment, but not a Ponzi scheme. That's just hyperbole.

And yes, you can be water boarded to give up just about anything, even cash, so I don't see the difference. I would have to disagree with you about government. This thing seems to have caught them by surprise, and they are no friend of bitcoin. Keep in mind, unless you think they designed this thing, it's still their enemy, and they're not rejoicing just because somebody thought of a way to make an all-digital currency. This is not under their control, nor will it ever be. If you know how it works, then you know this is the truth. It is controlled only by the users, and it can't be "taken over."

Yes. Im honestly concerned for all of you neck deep in this $#@!.

Its not gonna end up good. This isnt about money or not investing or missing opportunities this is about me genuinely thinking this is gonna blow up in all your faces.
    I seriously doubt that. And like shemdogg, I lol at libertarians who scoff at what the market is providing.

If bitcoin is a ponzi scheme, so is silver and gold.
    Rand Paul 2016

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I would not suggest PPC unless you like playing the pump & dump game.

If you read the white paper, you can tell it was made by liberals concerned about global warming that don't understand supply and demand.

Free market capitalism is a ponzi?

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Holy crap my investment in alt cryptos has gone up about 40x
    Which ones are you in? Congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by XTreat View Post
    I have already covered and cashed out my $2500 initial investment. It is impossible at this point for me to do any worse than break even.
    Quite wise.

But it is speculation, gambling.
    Speculation is a different activity than gambling. There are many similarities between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by XTreat View Post
    What were you entry and exit points?

Someone was engaged in adding ICO to trackers with a rating (icomarks, icopulse, icobench)? Add without problems?