Thread: Jamestown Thanksgiving Lesson - Teach your children well.

Jamestown Thanksgiving Lesson - Teach your children well.

I posted this up on Facebook for my progressive/collectivist friends to get pissed about, thought I would share here too.

Jamestown Thanksgiving Lesson - Teach your children well.

Let's remember on Thanksgiving that Jamestown started off as an actual communist, or collectivist, settlement and as such all production was divided out to all of the families regardless of production. We know now this system is not a good one and leads to needless suffering and in the case of Jamestown it led to many needless deaths. From 1620 - 1622 more than half of the original pilgrims died. It was only when they went to a more free market type system by where people began to keep the fruits of their labor did they become a more prosperous society as a whole. So it was in 1623 after the pilgrims instituted a free market system they celebrated thier good fortune with the first Thanksgiving.

For those more inclined here is a better history lesson than I can provide.

http://www.endofinnocence.com/2010/0...-plymouth.html
    Too bad our elected officials are not as aggressively trying to reduce the federal deficit as they are trying to strip us of our constitutional rights.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Jamestown?

That was a commercial enterprise in Virginia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamestown,_Virginia

I think you meant to say, "Plimouth Plantation".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plymouth_Colony

I posted a similar article a few years back, seem to be the consensus here that it didn't really happen that way.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Jamestown>?

Anyway, here's a short video from Reason from a few years ago:

"And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Here is the famous Lewrockwell.com article on the subject.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/2003/11/d...-thanksgiving/
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    I posted a similar article a few years back, seem to be the consensus here that it didn't really happen that way.
    I am amazed any of them survived as long as they did . Of course by 1610 nearly 90 % of them were perished and they were eating one another. Living like Troglodytae and eating $#@! and corpses.I am further amazed this low form of animal was able to wipe out the Paspahegh . The Powhatan should have been more skilled warriors and finished the miscreants off . Happy Thanksgiving !.

Oh , yeah , I am not making any of that up , it all happened.

By about 1624 the Powahatan had only managed to kill 2600 of the 6k and by 1646 were required to be confined to reservation.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.