Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hawaii State Rep Is Smashing Belongings Of The Homeless

This guy's a real winner. Bet all the Hawaii politicians, kicking out the homeless, are not natives.

You can live on the islands quite easily from the wild fruit and the good weather- heaven help it that some don't live the American Dream of 9-5 slavery.
    There is no spoon.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Look at ya'll volunteering to be felt up by TSA.
    Anything for some tasty waves at Ala Moana..

Maybe head up to Haleiwa.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Homeless and now stuffless. A lot of "less" these people have.
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

The guy is more mentally unstable than many homeless are.

Quote Originally Posted by RickyJ View Post
    The guy is more mentally unstable than many homeless are.
    But are many homeless/stuffless electable?
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

Remarkably, this vigilante isn’t just some random Hawaiian, but five-term State Rep. Tom Brower (D).

Noting that he’s “disgusted” with homeless people
    , Brower told the Honolulu Star-Advertiser about his own personal brand of “justice”: “If I see shopping carts that I can’t identify, I will destroy them so they can’t be pushed on the streets.”
    Strange way to "thank" Iraq/Afghan wars troops/veterans among the homeless.

Homelessness soars among US Iraq and Afghanistan war veterans ...
    Dec 31, 2012 - Homelessness soars among US Iraq and Afghanistan war veterans ...

Veterans make up 1 in 4 homeless - USA Today
    usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/.../2007-11-07-homeless-veterans_N.ht...‎
    Nov 7, 2007 - Veterans make up one in four homeless people in the United States, ... Foundation: Provides families places to stay near military hospitals | ...

Quote Originally Posted by gwax23 View Post
    The face of the left.... What compassion!
    No respect for private property. But, we already knew that.
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Anything for some tasty waves at Ala Moana..

Maybe head up to Haleiwa.
    Ala Moana is the tourist and beginner area (re: Queens). We just had the Vans competition on the North Shore last week which was cool, but unless you've been surfing for a while and know the rip curls in Haleiwa/Waimea/etc. I wouldn't be getting the water this time of year. As for Tom Brower...just lol. As for the Government setting aside 100,000$ to fly the homeless back to their native state...well, that's pretty dumb (though most homeless are from States other than Hawai'i, since most natives live in large families that help each other).

Hell, whenever I walk to Aloha to get a snack there's always a few homeless guys around and it's no biggy. This Tom guy is such an $#@! (still lol @ picture in my head of a crazy politician smashing carts with a sledgehammer).

Also, good luck winning an election in Hawai'i as a libertarian. The Aina spirit coupled with rampant progressivism means non-bo.
    School of Salamanca - School of Austrian Economics - Liberty, Private Property, Free-Markets, Voluntaryist, Agorist. le monde va de lui même

"No man hath power over my rights and liberties, and I over no mans [sic]."

What, sir, is the use of a militia? It is to prevent the establishment of a standing army, the bane of liberty.

www.mises.org
    www.antiwar.com
    An Arrow Against all Tyrants - Richard Overton vis. 1646 (Required reading!)

Quote Originally Posted by Kotin View Post
    Well he's a dick..

But here's a bright side for libertarians: he's not passing a law or making police do it for him..
    The man is breaking the law.

As a libertarian, there is no bright side to this.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Its a mixed bag on all sides.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mQvvGJYQaM
    Nothing in those sermons is not supported by the Bible.

Which is why I don't take the Bible seriously.

Looks like he is on the same drugs Obama/Holder/Pelosi/Graham/McCain are on ... Get those guys into Rehab, and we might have a country again.

Quote Originally Posted by invisible View Post
    Here's how to take care of this guy: set him up!
    Have someone who can prove they have a home to walk around in ratty, dirty clothes, pushing a shopping cart full of junk. Frequent the areas known to be targeted, and eventually he'll be encountered. Have someone else nearby to get it on video. File and press criminal charges for assault and destruction of property. Sue for everything he's worth. End of problem, political career finished.
    We have an awesome long time RPF poster and advocate, RonPaulHawii, we need to get him on this story and have him run against this douche (or setup this idiot).

The ciizens of Wakiki and Ala Moana are tolerating this without destroying the deranged monster ?Sickening cowards, pox .I have axes I can donate to the homeless .

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    See something, say something. Someone should report a crazy man running around with a hammer smashing $#@!, to the police. As soon as they show up they will blast him because they fear for their safety. At a minimum he will get a beat down while the cops scream "stop resisting" over and over.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Quote Originally Posted by Mani View Post
    We have an awesome long time RPF poster and advocate, RonPaulHawii, we need to get him on this story and have him run against this douche (or setup this idiot).
    RPH is from Kauai not O'ahu. Also, no libertarian is going to win in Hawai'i.
    School of Salamanca - School of Austrian Economics - Liberty, Private Property, Free-Markets, Voluntaryist, Agorist. le monde va de lui même

"No man hath power over my rights and liberties, and I over no mans [sic]."

What, sir, is the use of a militia? It is to prevent the establishment of a standing army, the bane of liberty.

www.mises.org
    www.antiwar.com
    An Arrow Against all Tyrants - Richard Overton vis. 1646 (Required reading!)

bump

wtf

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

There's nothing quite like a coward who picks on vulnerable people. Maybe this tough guy can join the police force so he can shoot 12 lb. dogs.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Isn't he damaging stolen private property and littering? He's just leaving those destroyed carts on the sidewalk right?

If he hates homeless people, why doesn't he just clobber them with his hammer?

I don't like homeless people...kill homeless people...SMASH....Problem solved....See I'm working so hard for the community...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12