Thread: Woman Hailed by President as Obamacare Success Story Now Can't Afford Obamacare

Woman Hailed by President as Obamacare Success Story Now Can't Afford Obamacare

----

Ron Paul Forum's Mission Statement:

Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There is no success , nor will there be

Lol. Another Obama lover has been jilted.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Beat me to it Frank.

OLYMPIA, Nov. 17.—Jessica Sanford, the Federal Way woman who got a shout-out from President Obama last month with her fan letter for the Affordable Care Act, got a rather rude awakening last week. Turns out she doesn’t qualify for a tax credit after all.

At least that’s what the letter said that she got from the state. Now she says her dream of affordable health insurance has gone poof. She can’t afford it. She’ll have to go without. “I’m really terribly embarrassed,” she says. “It has completely turned around on me. I mean, completely.”

Chalk it up to a bollixed-up state website that apparently still has major problems. Originally it said Sanford and her child would get a whopping tax credit that would reduce their total premium to $169 a month. Now the state is telling her it goofed – twice – and she has to pay full ticket. There may even be a third goof involved: At least one health-insurance broker says she may qualify for a tax credit after all, albeit a small one. Officials at the state Healthplanfinder website could not be contacted Sunday night. But it just goes to show that even in the state of Washington, which has earned national kudos for a health-insurance exchange that seems to function better than the dysfunctional federal website, there are big, big problems.

“They have to own up to what is going on,” Sanford says. “They have to fix it. They can’t just go around and say this is working great. In my opinion they ought to shut it down and just get all of it straightened out.”

Sanford’s tale may not be all that unusual amid the national furor over Obamacare’s sputtering start. But it is particularly embarrassing because the president himself mentioned it in a speech, calling it a success story that makes the case for the program. These days fan letters are few and far between.
    http://washingtonstatewire.com/blog/...icy-after-all/
    "The Patriarch"

That AppleBee's franchiser laid it out on how ignorant Americans have become... when he had an "All Hands Meeting" to inform his employees they will be on ObamaCare, explaining the plans and the costs TO YOU, the employees flipped-out. They thought it was all free to them, no premiums, no deductions, no limits.

Dumbass America... nation of fools, incapable of critical thinking, brainwashed collectivists, gullible believers in .GOV who tells them what to believe...

Here's Washington DC's next "Forced Tax" for all citizens to buy:

The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

The bleeding hearts will try and use this as a reason why we should have "free" nationalized healthcare - she cannot afford it, boo hoo. But, I don't think that will sell with the American people. Here's why. The woman in question does not get any tax subsidy (i.e. welfare) for her insurance premiums. The reason? The article states she is a single mom with one kid. To be denied the subsidy (i.e. welfare) she must earn less that 400% of the poverty level - that's $62 grand. So she's not poor, she's not struggling - she has money, but she CHOOSES not to buy insurance, just as she has chosen to do in the past. Now, of course the choice is a lot easier to make since because of Obamacare she can no longer get an inexpensive, catastrophic plan like she would have been able to in the past.

Welcome to the club, lady. You're not alone; there are 300 million members!

$62 Grand is poor today in America... because that's BEFORE ALL THE FED/STATE/LOCAL TAXES, FEES, Social Security, Medicaid/Medicare, Unemployment Insurance, city income taxes. So you're basically left with about half that gross earnings, maybe even less... then there's all the state costs/taxes that have been increasing like crazy. You have the FEDERAL RESERVE devaluation of the money(another inflation tax) ReInflating the housing bubble, which reciprocates with higher property taxes if you own a home on .gov rented property. Mobile phone? that has like 10 taxes/fees/charges on it... $62 Grand is poor, because government take a bigger and bigger portion, AS THEY induce more INFLATION. But knowing Americans, the amount of debt they are carrying, I'm sure she has a loans of some sort, probably for her car, on top of the registration, insurance, fuel, and maintenance costs for that car, and of course, credit card debt. Yeah, what do people with these 7 year loans on vehicles do no that ObamaCare will be taking their auto loan and insurance/registration/maintenance payments?

I agree with some of the FEDERAL RESERVE analysts/presidents that, ObamaCare expenses would hurt the economy. BTW, those FED press releases were buried by Fascist-Corporate Media. How many times has it been reported Americans living paycheck to paycheck. This is a wakeup call to brainwashed Americans that; 1.) Debt is Slavery, and 2.) Government(all levels) are the cause of more and more people being impoverished.

ZeroHedge covered this in detail many times. Government have $#@!ed up the economy and stolen the wealth of the middle classes.

1. When Work Is Punished: The Tragedy Of America's Welfare State ...

2. Guest Post: The Rise Of The Welfare State | Zero Hedge

3. Today, America's Foodstamps Program Gets A 6 ... - Zero Hedge

4. Is This Why Americans Have Lost The Drive To "Earn" More | Zero ...

5. If You Could Make More Money By Going On Welfare ... - Zero Hedge

Quote Originally Posted by CaptLouAlbano View Post
    The bleeding hearts will try and use this as a reason why we should have "free" nationalized healthcare - she cannot afford it, boo hoo. But, I don't think that will sell with the American people. Here's why. The woman in question does not get any tax subsidy (i.e. welfare) for her insurance premiums. The reason? The article states she is a single mom with one kid. To be denied the subsidy (i.e. welfare) she must earn less that 400% of the poverty level - that's $62 grand. So she's not poor, she's not struggling - she has money, but she CHOOSES not to buy insurance, just as she has chosen to do in the past. Now, of course the choice is a lot easier to make since because of Obamacare she can no longer get an inexpensive, catastrophic plan like she would have been able to in the past.
    Last edited by HOLLYWOOD; 11-19-2013 at 08:31 PM.
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    im sad for the lady not being insured, but i just have to laugh at her for supporting obama and believing his lies. all one had to do was research a bit to find out what this liar is all about. blind faith has got this lady it would seem.
    Last edited by satchelmcqueen; 11-20-2013 at 12:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Beat me to it Frank.

OLYMPIA, Nov. 17.—Jessica Sanford, the Federal Way woman who got a shout-out from President Obama last month with her fan letter for the Affordable Care Act, got a rather rude awakening last week. Turns out she doesn’t qualify for a tax credit after all.

Aw - everything was just peachy as long as somebody else was going to pay for it!

Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    $62 Grand is poor today in America...because that's BEFORE ALL THE FED/STATE/LOCAL TAXES, FEES, Social Security, Medicaid/Medicare, Unemployment Insurance, city income taxes. So you're basically left with about half that gross earnings, maybe even less... then there's all the state costs/taxes that have been increasing like crazy. You have the FEDERAL RESERVE devaluation of the money(another inflation tax) ReInflating the housing bubble, which reciprocates with higher property taxes if you own a home on .gov rented property. Mobile phone? that has like 10 taxes/fees/charges on it... $62 Grand is poor, because government take a bigger and bigger portion, AS THEY induce more INFLATION. But knowing Americans, the amount of debt they are carrying, I'm sure she has a loans of some sort, probably for her car, on top of the registration, insurance, fuel, and maintenance costs for that car, and of course, credit card debt. Yeah, what do people with these 7 year loans on vehicles do no that ObamaCare will be taking their auto loan and insurance/registration/maintenance payments?
    Ok, I agree with you totally about taxation and the hidden inflation tax created by the Fed. But I bolded a couple of points in your post. If she cannot "afford" to purchase health insurance, then why does she have a mobile phone. What about cable TV? Credit card debt? Who's fault is that debt. The same goes for the car loan.

Now, we do not know the financial health of the woman in the video, but it is typical for many Americans in this income bracket to have many creature comforts, so the assumption is being made by both of us. My point being that her decision whether or not to have health insurance is based upon her choices and priorities. They mentioned in the article that she is self-employed. That is a choice that she has made. At 62 grand per year, her self employment doesn't appear to be making her wealthy, so instead of continuing in full time self-employment alone, she could seek out employment that provides medical insurance as a benefit. Again, this is a choice she has made for herself.

The problem we have in this country, is that so many people feel entitled to this, that or the other thing. And we sit here and say, awww poor woman that can't afford Obamacare. Now, I think it is good from a PR standpoint, and yes, Obamacare insurance is far more expensive than what was available before - but all along we need to remember that this woman, and the millions other out there like her, make choices regarding their spending and employment that impact whether or not they purchase insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Lol. Another Obama lover has been jilted use-screwed and kicked to the curb without conscience.
    Small editorial correction implemented as needed.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by satchelmcqueen View Post
    im sad for the lady not being insured, but i just have to laugh at her for supporting obama and believing his lies. all one had to do was research a bit to find out what this liar is all about. blind faith has got this lady it would seem.
    Starting a semantic chain...

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Next stop: Socialized medicine. Or, to put it another way, we will be told to entrust our entire health care system to the entity that can't even set up a working website.

And cares so little for both us and its own reputation that it can't even make sure it takes care of its own poster child.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 11-20-2013 at 06:34 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post

Behold, the face of mean willful stupidity.

What would anyone bet that if perchance she is pinged on her new circumstance that she will make excuses and blame anyone but the very notion of that lies at the heart of this clustere copulation? My money is there - certainly that her frail and over-inflated ego will not allow her to admit she was wrong and that the concept of universal mandatory healthcare insurance is a fundamentally untenable idea.

At the risk of sounding unkind, let her burn. I shed no tear for those who march willingly into the flames of damnation, nor do I respect their act when it is underpinned by cowardice, avarice, and personal corruption.

OLYMPIA, Nov. 17. ...

Chalk it up to a bollixed-up state website that apparently still has major problems.

Of course, because it could not possibly be due to the neon-glowing flaws in the fundamental idea in question. They will hold out until the nation is consumed in the fires of perdition and beyond - unto our very destruction - exalting Bammy's missile. That is how morbidly married some people are to the cult of Hussein. Honestly, I am a bit surprised they've not all converted to Islam by now. Oops... did I just give a nation of idiots a bad idea? Perhaps we will now see the Hundred-Million Convert March on DC, replete wish "Sharia NOW" posters.

Originally it said Sanford and her child would get a whopping tax credit that would reduce their total premium to $169 a month. Now the state is telling her it goofed – twice – and she has to pay full ticket.
    Lessee... check's in the mail, I will respect you in the morning, and I won't co... Oops, sorry, family channel.

“They have to own up to what is going on,” Sanford says. “They have to fix it. They can’t just go around and say this is working great. In my opinion they ought to shut it down and just get all of it straightened out.”

HA! See what I mean? THEY have to own it. She, apparently, owns none of it. Not a whit of responsibility in her eyes. Burn, you cow-eyed sack of worthless protoplasm. You are not worthy of your life for such stropping, bending stupidity as this.

Sanford’s tale may not be all that unusual amid the national furor over Obamacare’s sputtering start. But it is particularly embarrassing because the president himself mentioned [the letter] in a speech, calling it a success story that makes the case for the program.
    One would think that by now Bammy would have demonstrated so much as the low-level intelligence needed to see that picking single anecdotal data points to bolster his <AHEM>... "argument" is not such a good idea for exactly the reasons that here are so glaringly apparent.

OTOH, the mean American is so stooped anymore, so apathetic, and so ready to be put to the sword in preference to having to think for himself, I guess Bammy sized things right in terms of the risks involved.

Silly me.

And the Circus Of The Surreal continues its boot-march down the maelstrom's raging funnel.

Of course it is that's been the plan since day one. I thought it take blah a dozen years or so but it will probably happen much sooner with the way it's going.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    From the video, in which Jessica Sanford is wearing glasses, she looks like the amalgamation of every female-progressive-hipster-Democrat in the United States. They all look the same for some reason.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

Quote Originally Posted by jbauer View Post
    Of course it is that's been the plan since day one. I thought it take blah a dozen years or so but it will probably happen much sooner with the way it's going.
    I would have agreed with you if it was rolled out as expected. I think the website blunders, cancellations and sticker shock isn't what Obama & Co expected. The original plan was (as I see it), to launch it; blame any price increases & cancellations on the insurance companies, Wall Street, Republicans, etc; use that to win the House in 2014 and then pass single payer. I think Obama's arrogance and incompetence though screwed up his own master plan. Dems are jumping ship on this very quick, which shows me that the plan is not working out like they expected.

I would have agreed with you if it was rolled out as expected. I think the website blunders, cancellations and sticker shock isn't what Obama & Co expected. The original plan was (as I see it), to launch it; blame any price increases & cancellations on the insurance companies, Wall Street, Republicans, etc; use that to win the House in 2014 and then pass single payer. I think Obama's arrogance and incompetence though screwed up his own master plan. Dems are jumping ship on this very quick, which shows me that the plan is not working out like they expected.
    I tend to agree. To make their next move this quick will do two things which are the last things in the world they want to happen. One is, it will get us asking, do we want to entrust the entire health care network of the U.S. to an entity that can't set up a website? The other is, it will confirm everything we've ever said about the government creating problems on purpose so it can garner more power unto itself in the name of solving those problems.

But, of course, now another of the deadlines has been moved back to right after the 2014 midterms. No doubt they think that will give them enough 'plausible deniability' as regards to those two potential problems. And if we aren't on our game in the meantime, they might well be right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

What is really making me sad is my belief that despite how deeply flawed the program is by any measure, it will never be repealed.

If they can't get this train wreck repealed, what hope is there that they' ever be able to scale anything back?

I hope that come November 30th this thing crashes and burns. If it gets repealed it will be a long time before they are I trusted to $#@! with it again. Hopefully we can at the very least, go back to the way it was. It would be nice to see the shut down of the FDA but I'll take what I can get.
    Dishonest money makes for dishonest people.

Andrew Napolitano, John Stossel. FOX News Liberty Infiltrators.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkblots View Post
    Dr. Paul is living rent-free in the minds of the neocons, and for a fiscal conservative, free rent is always a good thing
    NOBP ≠ ABO

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    What is really making me sad is my belief that despite how deeply flawed the program is by any measure, it will never be repealed.

If they can't get this train wreck repealed, what hope is there that they' ever be able to scale anything back?
    43% want a full repeal, including 12% of Dems. http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...anged-repealed

And that's now. Just wait till after the holidays and another 6 weeks of Obamacare disaster stories. And, no doubt, that in Q1 & Q2 of 2014 a lot of the employer provided plans will start taking hits because of the law since that mandate kicks in in 2015. Eventually we'll get a big story about a major employer having all plans cancelled because of Obamcare. Remember, the original plan was to blame all this on the greedy insurance companies and Republicans. I don't think they can pull that off anymore.

Depending on how long the Dems hold onto this without repealing it, we could very well see a MAJOR ass kicking in 2014. The two races I am keeping an eye on as a bellwethers are the VA & NM Senate. Both were won in 08 by large margins, and all the analysts have these as Safe Dem seats. If we see polling in these two in the single digits, then expect a slaughter in all the Nov races.

EDIT: Adding an article about 50-100 million looming cancellations: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...lations-looms/

Look at the CPVI. You have 66 Dems that are in D+8 seats or better (moving as high as R+16). All of these are going to be in jeopardy of losing their seats if they do not vote for repeal.
    Last edited by CaptLouAlbano; 11-21-2013 at 05:49 AM.