Thread: Hearings: The Present and Future Impact of Virtual Currency

Hearings: The Present and Future Impact of Virtual Currency

I guess some people here may be interested in the hearings that will take place next tuesday at the US Senate Commite on Banking affairs

http://www.banking.senate.gov/public...f-c23be8ff4cad

The Present and Future Impact of Virtual Currency
    National Security and International Trade and Finance

Tuesday, November 19, 2013
    03:30 PM - 05:30 AM
    538 Dirksen Senate Office Building
    COMMITTEE ON BANKING, HOUSING, AND URBAN AFFAIRS SUBCOMMITTEE ON NATIONAL SECURITY AND INTERNATIONAL TRADE AND FINANCE and SUBCOMMITTEE ON ECONOMIC POLICY

will meet in OPEN SESSION to conduct a hearing entitled “The Present and Future Impact of Virtual Currency”. The witnesses on Panel I will be: Ms. Jennifer Shasky Calvery, Director, Financial Crimes Enforcement Network; and Mr. David Cotney, Commissioner of Banks, Massachusetts Division of Banks. The witnesses on Panel II will be: Mr. Anthony Gallippi, Co-founder and CEO, BitPay, Incorporated; Mr. Chris Larsen, Founder and CEO, Ripple Labs; Ms. Sarah Jane Hughes, University Scholar and Fellow in Commercial Law, Indiana University Maurer School of Law; and Mr. Paul Smocer, BITS President, Financial Services Roundtable.

All hearings are webcasted live and will not be available until the hearing starts. Individuals with disabilities who require an auxiliary aid or service, including closed captioning service for webcast hearings, should contact the committee clerk at 202-224-7391 at least three business days in advance of the hearing date.

Add To My Calendar (vCal)
    Witnesses
    Panel 1

Ms. Jennifer Shasky Calvery
    Director
    Financial Crimes Enforcement Network
    Mr. David Cotney
    Commissioner of Banks
    Massachusetts Division of Banks
    Mr. Anthony Gallippi
    Co-founder and CEO
    BitPay, Incorporated
    Mr. Chris Larsen
    Founder and CEO
    Ripple Labs
    Ms. Sarah Jane Hughes
    University Scholar and Fellow in Commercial Law
    Maurer School of Law, University of Indiana
    Mr. Paul Smocer
    BITS President
    Financial Services Roundtable
    Last edited by politics; 11-16-2013 at 08:41 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    heeeereee comes tha DIP
    BTFD!
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

IIRC, the Senate Homeland Security Cmte has a hearing Monday w/ these guys. Obviously, Rand is on this Cmte so it will be interesting in his take on this. Pushing BTC is a way around even messing w/ these bankateers and whether or not they ever try to pull on JFK on him. And yes, I caught Jones' show last night on the drive home.