Thread: DRM To Be Used In Renault Electric Cars

DRM To Be Used In Renault Electric Cars

http://hardware.slashdot.org/story/1...-electric-cars

"The new Renault Zoe comes with a 'feature' that absolutely nobody wants. Instead of selling consumers a complete car that they can use, repair, and upgrade as they see fit, Renault has opted to lock purchasers into a rental contract with a battery manufacturer and enforce that contract with digital rights management (DRM) restrictions that can remotely prevent the battery from charging at all. This coming on the heels of the recent Trans-Pacific Partnership IP Rights Chapter leak certainly makes you wonder how much of that device (car?) you really own. Perhaps Merriam-Webster can simply change the definition of ownership."
    Alt Link to the same story.

http://wealthydebates.com/new-car-wi...ancial-status/

Third time I've seen this story in the last 5 minutes on several news sites!

http://gizmodo.com/why-drm-in-cars-i...mad-1464282432
    Last edited by DamianTV; 11-15-2013 at 02:37 AM.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    From the article: "...certainly makes you wonder how much of that device (car?) you really own."

This might be off topic, but I really don't think of myself as the owner of my car. North Carolina drivers pay a ridiculous car owner tax year after year.

Guess I could say I own the shirt on my back, until--of course--some dumbass comes along with a shirt tax. Guess I still own my dignity. You can sell that or give it away, but at least nobody can every take it from you.

Okay, enough complaining. Back to the topic.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    From the article: "...certainly makes you wonder how much of that device (car?) you really own."

This might be off topic, but I really don't think of myself as the owner of my car. North Carolina drivers pay a ridiculous car owner tax year after year.

Guess I could say I own the shirt on my back, until--of course--some dumbass comes along with a shirt tax. Guess I still own my dignity. You can sell that or give it away, but at least nobody can every take it from you.

Okay, enough complaining. Back to the topic.
    Youre not taxed every year for the shirt on your back. But thats one of the few things you arent taxed repeatedly for.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.