Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Campaign To Boycott CNN's Sponsors...Let's do this!

Campaign To Boycott CNN's Sponsors...Let's do this!

Hey all, long time Paul supporter, first time poster. Watching tonight's preposterous excuse for a debate motivated me to finally post something on this board. What happened tonight was absolutely unacceptable, and I believe we should make our anger felt. Spamming CNN's email addresses won't do a thing to change their minds. We need to really hurt them where it counts, and that is in their pocketbooks. I propose that we organize a massive letter writing and calling campaign to the sponsors of the debate telling them of a boycott if CNN doesn't change their tune.

What we saw today was the mainstream media in full attack mode. We should not shrink back from this challenge. Resorting to tactics like this only means that they are weak and vulnerable, and on the cusp of losing control. Now is not the time to be complacent. We need to double our efforts from this moment on. And the first thing we should do is make an example of CNN by boycotting their sponsors.

Get 'er done.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I agree, but we need to make this an organized effort if we are to do this.

Gathering a list of their sponsors.

Writing and complaining to them.

Follow up.

Etc.
    Last edited by Midnight77; 11-28-2007 at 10:16 PM.

who are their sponsors again?

Good idea. We need to get the email addresses of every CNN sponsor.

Yes, this needs to be very well organized like the November 5th and Tea Party campaigns. We should start up a subforum here and come up with all of the details as well as our plan of attack.

There's only one way to fight back against the media.....

We must become our own media outlet for Ron Paul. Get off yer asses, distribute flyers, and talk to people. Get the word out wherever you are, wherever you go.

No one in their right minds would go vote for any of those bickering chumheads if they watched the debate tonight. They didn't tackle a single relevant issue. If anything, this debate turned off all undecided people to go Democrat.

Once again. It is OUR job to spread the word and educate the masses. The media will not do it for us. The American Revolution was fought with guns. We will fight with paper and our time. Do it!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is a call to campaign harder, not to get distracted with consumer boycotts.

They want to distract you, to demoralize you, and to confuse your focus.

Keep your eyes on the prize.

Win the nomination. Help is requested on this forum 10x daily. Much of it quick, and online.

Don't fight back, WIN.
    Hi!

Quote Originally Posted by me3 View Post
    This is a call to campaign harder, not to get distracted with consumer boycotts.

Win the nomination. Help is requested on this forum 10x daily. Much of it quick, and online.

Don't fight back, WIN.
    I don't think something like this would distract us too much. We MUST make an example of CNN.

Quote Originally Posted by phrizek View Post
    Hey all, long time Paul supporter, first time poster. Watching tonight's preposterous excuse for a debate motivated me to finally post something on this board. What happened tonight was absolutely unacceptable, and I believe we should make our anger felt. Spamming CNN's email addresses won't do a thing to change their minds. We need to really hurt them where it counts, and that is in their pocketbooks. I propose that we organize a massive letter writing and calling campaign to the sponsors of the debate telling them of a boycott if CNN doesn't change their tune.

What we saw today was the mainstream media in full attack mode. We should not shrink back from this challenge. Resorting to tactics like this only means that they are weak and vulnerable, and on the cusp of losing control. Now is not the time to be complacent. We need to double our efforts from this moment on. And the first thing we should do is make an example of CNN by boycotting their sponsors.

Get 'er done.

NO EMAILS!!! THIS IS TO BE DONE WITH LETTERS!

Don't forget to complain to youtube

I don't think something like this would distract us too much.
    The Glenn Beck boycott fizzled out and people were a lot more mad. CNN is a massive company. The only blow you are going to strike that counts is either buying it, or getting Dr. Paul elected.

We MUST make an example of CNN.
    We must learn not to take the bait. Smarter than the average bear.

There is no net gain to the campaign going after CNN. But it is going to fill this forum with threads that will bury activism and campaigning. Which gives them the win by taking people's attention off of doing what it takes to win, and erodes our ability to communicate.

Cooler heads prevail.
    Hi!

Don't fight back, WIN.
    Absolutely agree. All the effort that would go into a CNN boycott would be wasted. Our goal isn't to fix CNN, it's to elect Ron Paul.

Boycotting CNN? I hated the CNN debate but CNN has been pretty generous of the November the 5th money bomb. If we need to boycott, perhaps it's time we get a list of companies that are actively working against our liberties instead.

That would not only perserve our liberities, but possible gain us some more media coverage.

Attacking CNN might hamper our ability to get Ron Paul mainstream. I'd go the mocking route someone already suggested.

That would be a stronger statement imo.

(I.e. Beck calls us terrorists we go after him. That needed to be done. We had something specific to address)
    "Let the Revolution begin." -Ron Paul 2008

Quote Originally Posted by ItsTime View Post
    COORS! they were the main sponsor
    I agree, and I agee this needs to be very organized. I drink...use to drink Coors Light, no more.

Edit: Look at how the position of those that caught our Rath changed. They no longer smear with impunity, they know there will be a price to be paid. Instead of a pundits quick dig at Paul they hold their tongue. We hear others pundits warn their collegues, people who watch it know we a serious and they must also be wondering, Why; Stength attracts. We shouldn't waste time doing demonstrations, but boycott emails are quick and fun, or atleast satisfying. Boycotting Glenn Beck's sponsors was easy, still is and I did it today (Boycotted Walgreens) and it felt great!!! Good Medicine for angry Paulites.
    Last edited by Mark37snj; 11-28-2007 at 10:40 PM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by James R View Post
    NO EMAILS!!! THIS IS TO BE DONE WITH LETTERS!
    If you have time to write to CNN, you have time to write letters to Iowans.
    Hi!

I don't think something like this would distract us too much. We MUST make an example of CNN.
    Lets Boycott everyone! FOX, CNN And MSNBC. They all stand against us.

Well MSNBC has been better than the CNN and FOX tatics. So maybe not MSNBC.

The Glenn Beck boycott fizzled out and people were a lot more mad. CNN is a massive company. The only blow you are going to strike that counts is either buying it, or getting Dr. Paul elected.

We must learn not to take the bait. Smarter than the average bear.

There is no net gain to the campaign going after CNN. But it is going to fill this forum with threads that will bury activism and campaigning. Which gives them the win by taking people's attention off of doing what it takes to win, and erodes our ability to communicate.

Cooler heads prevail.

NO!!!!!!!!!! This is personal now.

Anyone who can touch these people (cnn and sponsors) needs to start now. If you have regular contact with these goons and need help let us know.

For those that deliver info to or from (couriers) for these people SCREW UP..start having problems.

ME3---you should finally come to your senses about how deep the pile is here. Get off your butt and help.

Prolong the writers strike or join it for people in L.A. Shut down everything people, if at all possible.
    If tonight wasnt proof enough, I dont know what will be....C`MON Huck et al spent more time wiping their noses in laughter than Rp was speaking.

Let there be NO DOUBT that this was intentional----everybody awake yet!

Redouble your own efforts.

I am boycotting CNN and the others. How you ask?

1) I am calling comcast in the morning and turning off my cable.
    2) I am taking my tv to the pawn shop after that call and donating the cash to Ron Paul.
    3) I am going to donate the money saved each month from having no cable to Ron Paul.

I am not going to listen to anymore bull$#@!!

CNN called us out, so we need to respond.

Sponsors are it.

But don't stop sending E-mails to CNN and their people, or calling them. We need to do Both and we need to get organized Fast because if we don't respond the big MEdia will engeneer the 2008 Election.

Time to act is now.

You guys are letting this riduculous hubris get to you. While we're out there trying to organize boycotts, other campaigns will be getting VOTERS! This is what they want! When you stop focusing on voters, and start focusing on trying to influence CNN, you're going to LOSE!

This is a WASTEFUL effort. Do you really expect to have that much of an impact on CNN? Give me a break. Emailing companies won't work. Only lowering CNN's ratings will have any impact. And you can't do that. Companies will say the same thing they always say: we don't buy ads for the content, just for the ratings.

DON"T BE A DUMBASS. THIS IS USELESS. FOCUS ON CAMPAIGNING FOR RON PAUL AND NOT ATTACKING THE MEDIA!

Do you really expect CNN to say "ok, we're sorry, we'll make a new show called the ron paul hour everyday from 5-6 pm."

What do you really expect to happen from this? Honestly?

If you have time to write to CNN, you have time to write letters to Iowans.
    me3 you have lost it!?!? Dont care about Iowans....this IS RIGGED PERIOD GOT IT!

Get off you ass and offer real suggestions on civil disobedience otherwise this is going to go violent.

This thing was supposed to be peaceful....AAron Russo warned all of us before his death.....now you see he was right.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevryn45 View Post
    CNN called us out, so we need to respond.
    WWRPD?

But don't stop sending E-mails to CNN and their people, or calling them. We need to do Both and we need to get organized Fast because if we don't respond the big MEdia will engeneer the 2008 Election.
    They are going to engineer it anyway unless we win overwhelming victories. Please, be realistic. CNN is 1,000 bigger than Glenn Beck, and he didn't get fired for pulled off the air, or forced to apologize from a sponsor boycott.

Time to act is now.
    Absolutely.

http://ronpaul2008.com/donate
    Hi!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Wood View Post
    me3 you have lost it!?!? Dont care about Iowans....this IS RIGGED PERIOD GOT IT!
    Can you save your revolt for after the early primaries? Freaking out 6 weeks before the primaries is like throwing out groceries before even starting the meal.

Get off you ass and offer real suggestions on civil disobedience otherwise this is going to go violent.
    Dr. Paul preaches changing the system, not violence. Please remember that.

This thing was supposed to be peaceful....AAron Russo warned all of us before his death.....now you see he was right.
    If the media can emotionally control you like this, then you've already lost.

What they say doesn't matter. VOTES matter.

Stop obsessing over Tucker Carlson, Glenn Beck, Fox News, CNN, Mike Huckabee, whatever. All that matters for the next 6 weeks, is RON PAUL.
    Hi!

Can you save your revolt for after the early primaries? Freaking out 6 weeks before the primaries is like throwing out groceries before even starting the meal.

Dr. Paul preaches changing the system, not violence. Please remember that.

If the media can emotionally control you like this, then you've already lost.

What they say doesn't matter. VOTES matter.

Stop obsessing over Tucker Carlson, Glenn Beck, Fox News, CNN, Mike Huckabee, whatever. All that matters for the next 6 weeks, is RON PAUL.

System is rigged.....done

Revolt.

so angry i cant type

Our Civil Disobedience will get noticed by others who sense/smell their bull$#@!. Think about how and why you became a Ron Paul supporter. Were you pissed off, were you looking to vent to others who also thought like you? This is one of the driving forces behind our Grassroots!!! Its not just Civil Disobedience, its Recruitment!!!!!!!!

Have a chocolate chip cookie. Dr. Paul likes them, and he seems like a calm and rational man.
    Hi!

People stop this nonesense, we need to do this we can do both. We have enough people to propell the campaign and do a boycott.

Both are important, but if we let the Media have their way we will lose. We need to hit them and hit them hard. Because they will continue doing their bull$#@! we dont call them out on it, trust me this is the best option that we got on the table.

Last thing we should see on tv is RP being compared to Hitler, and having his character assassinated by big Corporate media.

THIS IS WAR time to wake up, we need to stop them, You think this is the beginning? They got diebolds you know, and they will do everyhting in their power to stay in control. We need to take that contol stick that they got in their hand and shove it right up their ass, they are not untouchable and they know it.

Do both, donate + spearhead campaign and Boycott the mainstream media that is trying to Engeneer the 2008 presidential race.

Sorry kids but we are losing our freedoms and time to fight for it is now, or else you gona end up with a microchip implant and a citizenship in a NAU being corporate slave.

We are fighting for our freedom here, for our right to exist. Time to take the gloves off because the Mainstream media bad boys have taken off the gloves a long time ago.

Get involved.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast