Thread: Campus Reform:The Entitlement Mentality of Millenials Has No Bounds

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Campus Reform:The Entitlement Mentality of Millenials Has No Bounds

From Baby Boomers to Gen X to Gen Y to this. Has anyone else been sold the great lie in such a profound manner as the millenials? Not only do they believe in these so-called "rights", but they actually believe that the current environment can actually provide them with their many needs. LOL

Last edited by AuH20; 11-11-2013 at 11:49 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    good video. Thanks for posting.

Natural thinking of the Narcissistic society. Natural flow to gravitate towards free stuff... and the politicians know it. That's why politicians at all levels, buy their elitist careers with the people's own money. Add the indoctrination centers AKA Depart of Education, and you have the thought patterns shaped and fixated as government wants the proletariat.
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

The elderly tend to be the most supportive and dependent on government.

Much ado about the same old same old. That girl he interviewed had the same attitude that many middle age and seniors have. I am not impress.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Much ado about the same old same old. That girl he interviewed had the same attitude that many middle age and seniors have. I am not impress.
    I bet her elderly professors hold the same views. Sadly, every generation has a statist majority and wants the government to steal money from people to give it to them or someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Cutlerzzz View Post
    The elderly tend to be the most supportive and dependent on government.
    S.S. and Medicare are both considered sacrosanct to the elderly. But the millenials have taken this obsession to new heights as shown above. Since the 1930s, what we've witnessed is simply a virus progressing in size and scope, with each new generation eclipsing the prior in terms of indoctrination.
    Last edited by AuH20; 11-11-2013 at 01:09 PM.

I'm not so convinced yet that millennials hold these beliefs any more than previous generations. In fact, it was my prejudice that millennials are less reliant on D.C and government than the Baby Boomers, because we see the devastating effects of such programs like social security, and philosophies like worshiping the military.

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2011/im.../29/rel16f.pdf

Would you say that the Social Security system has been good for the country, has been bad for the
    country, or has had no effect on the country?
    Good

50 and Older , 18-24

87% , 71%

Do you think that the Social Security system is something that the U.S. Constitution allows the
    federal government to do, or do you think the Social Security system is unconstitutional?
    Constitutional

50 and Older, 18-24

78%, 72%

Unconstitutional

18-24 have the highest votes for this at 26% vs. 50 and Older at 16 % (lowest.)

Basically what this tells me is that the people who benefit the most from a program are the ones who are most pro- "such program."

Also look at a study "americanprogress" made, and they're biased in the direction of painting Generation Y as progressives.

http://www.americanprogress.org/issu...al-generation/

Younger Americans are most progressive (56.6) on cultural and social values and the least progressive on economic and domestic policy (53.1). In contrast, older voters are most progressive on the role of government (53.6) and the least progressive on cultural beliefs (50.1).
    There is a reason why Ron Paul has been so successful with millennials more than any other group.
    Last edited by Quark; 11-11-2013 at 01:07 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I would love to see a poll of Millenials regarding federal funding of education. I'm guessing it's north of 75%.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    S.S. and Medicare is sacrosanct to the elderly. But the millenials have taken this obsession to new heights as shown above. Since the 1930s, what we've witnessed is simply a virus progressing in size and scope.
    This virus has been growing since the Articles of Confederation were dropped in favor of a stronger, centralized government.

Polling some random college student doesn't reflect all Americans her age group. If you want to generalize, younger voters are the most anti-war, anti-social security, anti-war on drug, anti-Medicare generation, while older voters tend to be he most supportive of the war of terror, drug wars, entitlements, the Patriot Act, and so. Older voters tend to be the most supportive of the system they have lived with their entire lives and depend on.

Most younger voters are statists, but older voters are even more supportive of government on average.
    Last edited by Cutlerzzz; 11-11-2013 at 01:13 PM.

This virus has been growing since the Articles of Confederation were dropped in favor of a stronger, centralized government.

Polling some random college student doesn't reflect all Americans her age group. If you want to generalize, younger voters are the most anti-war, anti-social security, anti-war on drug, anti-Medicare generation, while orders voters tend to be he most supportive of the war of terror, drug wars, entitlements, the Patriot Act, and so. Older voters tend to be the most supportive of the system they have lived with their entire lives and depend on.
    Which explains why that age group overwhelmingly voted for Barack Obama twice and I'm not even advocating voting for the Republican. That dog simply does not hunt. Once I could understand. Twice though (18-29 age group 60%)?

Which explains why that age group overwhelmingly voted for Barack Obama twice and I'm not even advocating voting for the Republican. That dog simply does not hunt. Once I could understand. Twice though (18-29 age group 60%)?
    Yeah, and who voted for Ron Paul, baby boomers?

While older voters voted for Romney. Are you honestly telling me that voting for Romney is somehow better than Obama?

While older voters voted for Romney. Are you honestly telling me that voting for Romney is somehow better than Obama?
    I never said that. I personally didn't vote for either major party candidate. I'm stating that if Millenials are as rebellious and aware of what's going on as a plurality, then they shouldn't have voted for Obama en masse in 2012 when he's the antithesis of all the things you cited.
    Last edited by AuH20; 11-11-2013 at 01:21 PM.

I never said that. I personally didn't vote for either major party candidate. I'm stating that if Millenials are as rebellious and aware of what's going on as a plurality, then they shouldn't have voted for Obama en masse in 2012 when he's the antithesis of all the things you cited.
    I said on multiple occasion that most people of every generation are statists, just that older voters are on average bigger statists on most issues.

I have much greater faith in Generation Z (post millenials) becoming self-aware due to the extreme hardship and burden that will be laid at their feet. Hardship and burden builds mettle and character.
    Last edited by AuH20; 11-11-2013 at 01:25 PM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...2e9O_blog.html

* In the Iowa poll, Paul gets more than 50 percent support from the two youngest age groups — 18-29 year olds and 30-44 year olds — but gets less than 12 percent of 45-64 year olds and those 65 and older. In the Post poll, he gets 20 percent among 18-49 year olds, but just 8 percent among those 50 and older. That’s a remarkable age gap.
    Now which generations choose warhawks and fascists and which generations choose libertarians?

When presented with a real choice that is not (Obama vs. Romney) we see that libertarian thought has been rising with each generation, not declining.

From Baby Boomers to Gen X to Gen Y to this. Has anyone else been sold the great lie in such a profound manner as the millenials? Not only do they believe in these so-called "rights", but they actually believe that the current environment can actually provide them with their many needs. LOL

You are way off the mark.
    "We do have some differences and our approaches will be different, but that makes him his own person. I mean why should he [Rand] be a clone and do everything and think just exactly as I have. I think it's an opportunity to be independent minded. We are about 99% [the same on issues]." Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    lulz
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

I said on multiple occasion that most people of every generation are statists, just that older voters are on average bigger statists on most issues.
    On the environment?
    'social justice' canards?
    education funding?
    the minimum wage?

More often than not, the Millennials are Baby Boomer 3.0 with an even greater entitlement complex, which I partially blame on the much higher college enrollment rates compared to their predecessors. Indoctrination centers are going to indoctrinate.
    Last edited by AuH20; 11-11-2013 at 01:41 PM.

On the environment?
    education funding?
    the minimum wage?

More often than not, the Millennials are Baby Boomer 3.0 with an even greater entitlement complex.
    Most Millennials are statists, as I already said. None the less, I'll raise you the War on Terror, War on Drugs, Social Security, Medicare, and the Patriot Act to your Social Justice, Department of Education, Minimum Wage and Environmental issues. The five things I mentioned are bigger than the four you mentioned.

It is also disproportionately younger voters who vote for and support Paul or vote Third Party compared to older voters.
    Last edited by Cutlerzzz; 11-11-2013 at 01:43 PM.

Most Millennials are statists, as I already said. None the less, I'll raise you the War on Terror, War on Drugs, Social Security, Medicare, and the Patriot Act to your Social Justice, Department of Education, Minimum Wage and Environmental issues.

It is also disproportionately younger voters who vote for and support Paul or vote Third Party compared to older voters.
    True. Paul is pulling young voters from this highly statist age group. This is an encouraging sign. But from where I'm standing, as bad as the Boomers are, I view the Millenials as more delusional, thanks to the advanced progress of this viral strain. At least the Boomers have some limitations on what they expect out of the Government.
    Last edited by AuH20; 11-11-2013 at 01:50 PM.

There is a theme in almost every Ron Paul interview I've watched when people ask him about his influence on the political landscape. He mentions that he hasn't really changed his message other than refining it for thirty years, it just so happens that an audience is finally listening, and it's certainly not the same audience that ignored him in the 80's, 90's and early 00's.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by Quark View Post
    There is a theme in almost every Ron Paul interview I've watched when people ask him about his influence on the political landscape. He mentions that he hasn't really changed his message other than refining it for thirty years, it just so happens that an audience is finally listening, and it's certainly not the same audience that ignored him in the 80's, 90's and early 00's.
    Large financial bubbles tend to obscure the truth.

True. Paul is pulling young voters from this highly statist age group. This is an encouraging sign. But from where I'm standing, as bad as the Boomers are, I view the Millenials as more delusional, thanks to the advanced progress of this viral strain. At least the Boomers have some limitations on what they expect out of the Government.
    Then why are boomers more dependent on the government? Why are they more likely to support US foreign policy, the War on Drugs, NSA spying, Drone Stikes, military and police deification, Social Security, Medicare, and Sodomy Laws? Why are older voters less likely to support Paul?

By what metric do older voters have limitations on what to expect from government?

On the environment?
    education funding?
    the minimum wage?

More often than not, the Millennials are Baby Boomer 3.0 with an even greater entitlement complex, which I partially blame on the much higher college enrollment rates compared to their predecessors. Indoctrination centers are going to indoctrinate.
    This is a good point. I have found that majors that have nothing to do with the liberal arts wind up having to take several liberal arts classes. Liberal Arts and sciences departments are the primary home of doctrinaire types. Rare is the liberal arts/humanities/sciences prof who is genuinely interested in open discussion and different views. I was fortunate in that I mostly had good profs-they were indifferent WRT my opinions as long as I could defend/articulate my position.
    Last edited by heavenlyboy34; 11-11-2013 at 02:43 PM.