Thread: Lobby Day: 20 Jan 2014

Lobby Day: 20 Jan 2014

From a recent VCDL email:

LOBBY DAY IS NOW MORE IMPORTANT THAN EVER!

No excuses - mark your calendars now and get that day off from work to come to
    Richmond and lobby for our gun rights with fellow VCDL members! Lobby Day is on
    Monday, January 20, 2014 at 9 AM at the General Assembly Building in Richmond (SE
    corner of 9th and Broad Streets - across from City Hall). We will be having a rally
    at the Bell Tower at 11 AM that day. This is a huge VCDL event and a fun one.
    Don't' miss it.
    Mark your calendars, folks!
    “Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard.”

H.L. Mencken

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    more information.

LOBBY DAY - JANUARY 20TH

On Monday, January 20th, at 8:30 AM Lobby Day will begin. We want to have the
    largest Lobby Day ever as we stand unified to fight for our right to keep and bear
    arms!

Lobby Day is fun - you won't want to miss it!

Those with a CHP can carry at the General Assembly building. There will be an
    express entrance for CHP holders on the west (9th Street) side of the General
    Assembly Building. The only restriction on CHP carry is that no one can carry in
    the Senate balcony that overlooks the Senate Floor. That restriction does not apply
    to the House balcony. However, you will NOT need to go to either of those locations
    during Lobby Day, so it's nothing to be concerned about.

When you arrive at the General Assembly Building, go to the south side of the
    building, as that is where we will be marshaling.

You will be put into teams, each having an experienced team leader. Your team will
    then go into the General Assembly to lobby the delegates and senators assigned to
    it. Your team leader will handout VCDL's Firearm Bill Analysis document to each
    legislator or to the legislator's aide.

Everyone will be sporting a Guns Save Lives sticker to remind those at the General
    Assembly of our message and to show the sheer size and determination of our
    membership.

At 11 AM, everyone will head to the Bell Tower, which is on the southwest side of
    the Capitol grounds. There we will have a rally with various speakers from 11 AM to
    12 Noon.

Once the rally is over, if you haven't yet been to your senator and delegate's
    office, you can head back into the General Assembly Building to do so. If you have
    seen them, then you are finished for the day.

I recommend business casual dress to give a professional image to the group, but it
    is not a requirement by any means.

DRESS WARMLY!

Here is a spectacular video from the 2010 Lobby Day. This will show you want it's
    all about:

http://vimeo.com/34618841

Here is the Facebook page on Lobby Day:

https://www.facebook.com/events/212177935538984/
    “Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard.”

H.L. Mencken

I plan on attending. I hope to participate in the VCDL lobby and then go corner my own reps and bitch at them. Should be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Tillett4Liberty View Post
    I plan on attending. I hope to participate in the VCDL lobby and then go corner my own reps and bitch at them. Should be fun.
    I'll see you there -- 7 days and counting!

H.L. Mencken

I've been picked up to do some field work for the State Senate special election in NOVA so I'll be unable to attend. Give 'em hell.

This bill needs to be a major focus of Lobby Day efforts: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...93#post5379193

I have been going for many years. It is an excellent event. Every state group should do this in every state.