Thread: National Anthem

National Anthem

Can anyone who uses youtube answer a question for me? I'd appreciate it.

Why...oh why...does my son's youtube channel have a copyright infringment mark in a video, at a public venue, where they were standing on the base lines and the national anthem was being played over the intercom prior to the game?

Are you kidding me?
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 11-02-2013 at 12:46 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That really is ridiculous.

I don't know enough about copyright law to know if your son could actually have violated a copyright with something like that. But it wouldn't surprise me to find out that copyrights are so extensive now that he did. And if so, that illustrates how crazy they are, at least as they now exist.

lolz, copyright=fail. i suppose in the IP loon's mind he can say that a specific recording of a free domain song like that anthem can be copyrighted. It takes lots of mental gymnastics to defend IP...
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

I would have to see the video. Perhaps it's not the music, but something else they are objecting to.

If it's a "professional" game, the entire telecast is claimed by their little disclaimer.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    That really is ridiculous.

I don't know enough about copyright law to know if your son could actually have violated a copyright with something like that. But it wouldn't surprise me to find out that copyrights are so extensive now that he did. And if so, that illustrates how crazy they are, at least as they now exist.
    I think the thing that plucks me the most is that he was actually playing in this game. And so he was on the base line looking to the flag when they played the National Anthem over the intercom. This, to me, equates to someone coming along and pulling the plug on the intercom at this particular point when the players did this. Because youtube specifically marks the infringment at the point at which the anthem started to play and specifically said it was the anthem that was infringed upon.

I don't know. Is just a shame that this is what it's become.

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaWV View Post
    If it's a "professional" game, the entire telecast is claimed by their little disclaimer.
    Right. I understand that and do respect that property reservation. He has played in a few nationally televised games and he had to get specific permission from CBS Sports to put up video of some of his highlights during those particular games. And they were fine with it as long as you just did the 30 second edit. Just can't reproduce the entire game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    I would have to see the video. Perhaps it's not the music, but something else they are objecting to.
    No, it was specifically the National Anthem. They stated it clearly as well as the point at which the infrigment took place in the video which originally came from my digital camera. I recorded it from my seat in the grand stand. What is really odd is that I had recorded another instance of the same thing at a game he played at Cambell's Field and the National Anthem was not flagged in that one as infringing.

They have that dispute platform you can use but if I tell him to try that then it's almost as if he concedes to the practice or model itself by conforming to these predatory terms of controversy.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 11-02-2013 at 02:01 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.