Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [Video] Rand Paul on ABC's This Week w/ George Stephanopoulos 11/3/13

[Video] Rand Paul on ABC's This Week w/ George Stephanopoulos 11/3/13

As the flawed rollout of the Affordable Care Act plagues the Obama administration, and amid continued fallout over the latest revelations of NSA spying, George Stephanopoulos goes one-on-one with White House senior adviser Dan Pfeiffer and Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., only on “This Week” Sunday.
    http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...d-nate-silver/

update:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NW0c6yODkZ0
    Last edited by jct74; 11-03-2013 at 12:16 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Please, Rand, please, please be prepared and have an answer to the plagiarism charges. Your and your staff MUST KNOW Stefanopoulos will ask you about it.

Yo I understand the whole thing, but they really still need to talk about this.

Can one plagiarize Webster's dictionary, too?
    Last edited by anaconda; 11-01-2013 at 07:39 PM.

As true as it was, i had said it was stupid move by Rand to call George Stephanopoulos (planned parenthood spokesman) democratic operative and blaming him for Romney loss. Rand better be prepared because these will be his hardest interview.

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    Can one plagiarize Webster's dictionary, too?
    This, can you plagiarize an encyclopedia?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    caught the end where Rand was addressing the so called "plagarism" charge. He smacked it out of the park IMO.

I just watched the whole thing. Rand as usual came off mature. He also addressed the Ted Cruz comments, and if I'm not mistaken said it's better for him. GO RAND!!!

You certainly can't say Rand is "running away" from the accusations with that answer. Hope he shut the mancow up.
    Founder and leader of the militant wing of the Salvation Army.

here is the plagiarism bit

Stephanopolas: "Ok, that's an extensive answer"

translation: dangit, there goes that line of attack

Tube will be up soon.

It's uploading right now, says it should be done in around 15 minutes. If the problem happens that I've been getting this week that the video won't process it might take longer. I won't be home all afternoon to manually fix the problem (delete and re-upload) so I apologise if that happens!!

Rand curb stomped that stupid plagiarism question. I'm sure all the "hacks and haters" will be holding Obama and every other politician to the same standards.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    HuffPo gave him a terrible write up. They broke up the answer with punctuation and added 'you know' where it wasn't said. Plus the first 3/4 of his answer wasn't even mentioned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

Quote Originally Posted by CaseyJones View Post
    here is the plagiarism bit

It's not just speeches.

Report: Three Pages of Rand Paul's Book Were Plagiarized
    http://reason.com/24-7/2013/11/02/re...-pauls-book-we

An entire section of Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul’s 2013 book Government Bullies was copied wholesale from a 2003 case study by the Heritage Foundation, BuzzFeed has learned. The copied section, 1,318 words, is by far the most significant instance reported so far of Paul borrowing language from other published material.

The new cut-and-paste job follows reports by BuzzFeed, Politico, and MSNBC that Paul had plagiarized speeches either from Wikipedia or news reports. The book was published in August 2013 by Center Street, a division of Hachette Book Group.
    I hope it was Hunter and not Rand.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

lol, good grief...

Rand Paul Responds To Plagiarism Accusations: 'If Dueling Were Legal In Kentucky..'

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/1...n_4208469.html
    Last edited by jct74; 11-03-2013 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    It's not just speeches.

Report: Three Pages of Rand Paul's Book Were Plagiarized
    http://reason.com/24-7/2013/11/02/re...-pauls-book-we

I hope it was Hunter and not Rand.
    Was it credited? If not, that's legitimately bad.
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.

Holy effin' sheet. He bitch slaped her!
    >>>>>>Become a Precinct Committeeman<<<<<<
    http://becomeapc.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Feeding the Abscess View Post
    Was it credited? If not, that's legitimately bad.
    "In this case, Paul included a link to the Heritage case study in the book’s footnotes"

“In the book Government Bullies all the information… was sourced by end notes. In the two cases described, the end notes clearly define the sourcing for the book. In no case has the Senator used information without attribution,” said Doug Stafford, an advisor to Sen. Paul who co-wrote the book. “There were 150 endnotes and cites including The Heritage Foundation and Cato Institute. This is a witch hunt and grasping at straws.”

http://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczyn...atim-from-case
    Last edited by whippoorwill; 11-03-2013 at 12:47 PM.
    >>>>>>Become a Precinct Committeeman<<<<<<
    http://becomeapc.com/

Author of article's twitter = http://twitter.com/mollieclare

Everyone here who is active on twitter, ask her why a video clip of Rand's full answer wasn't included in her post. When you can provide the full response easily, why would she leave that out??

Obviously she has an agenda, but let's make explain why she isn't "living up to their own book of rules" (re: honest, transparent, unbiased, non-partisan or agenda-driven reporting aka 'straight-news'). #Alinski101 #RulesForRadicals

Update, here's a search of everyone tweeting to @mollieclare:
    https://twitter.com/search?q=%40moll...ypd&f=realtime
    Last edited by WD-NY; 11-03-2013 at 02:09 PM.

If Dueling Were Legal In Kentucky..'
    If he can find a way to legally bust a cap on Maddow, he'll be the next president.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The statists are just pissed that Rand is so well read and has the ability to spout off all these quotes/ideas so eloquently and merge them in with today's politics. It gives credence to his message and they don't like that so they must do what they must in order to try and undermine him. Pretty ez to see that. Even I'm amazed when I listen to him talk and quote a bunch of different sources. Like, man that dudes well read. I have no comment on that book, only referring to the speeches/interviews he's given.

Quote Originally Posted by whippoorwill View Post
    "In this case, Paul included a link to the Heritage case study in the book’s footnotes"

“In the book Government Bullies all the information… was sourced by end notes. In the two cases described, the end notes clearly define the sourcing for the book. In no case has the Senator used information without attribution,” said Doug Stafford, an advisor to Sen. Paul who co-wrote the book. “There were 150 endnotes and cites including The Heritage Foundation and Cato Institute. This is a witch hunt and grasping at straws.”

http://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczyn...atim-from-case

LOL @
    Asked about the copied text Mike Gonzalez, vice president of communications for the Heritage Foundation said “we like when people cite our work. We wish more progressives would cite our work, maybe then they wouldn’t be so progressively wrong.”

Don't you just hate it when gnats swarm, all the time spent gnat swatting.
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

Could this be Rand's "Ron's newsletter"? lol. A few years from now.. "Hey, Senator Rand. A few years ago you were caught plagarizing in one of your speeches..."

Quote Originally Posted by alucard13mm View Post
    Could this be Rand's "Ron's newsletter"? lol. A few years from now.. "Hey, Senator Rand. A few years ago you were caught plagarizing in one of your speeches..."
    If he cuts out the dueling nonsense, he already has a pretty solid answer for it.

The duel comment is all over the news. Can't anybody take a joke anymore?
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast