Thread: Campaign Evaluation: Bob Barr (U.S. House, GA-11)

Campaign Evaluation: Bob Barr (U.S. House, GA-11)

This thread is intended to be a collection point of the strong pros and cons of any potential liberty candidate / campaign that is being discussed / promoted on the forum. You are welcome to post both positive and not-so-positive attributes about the candidate as they related to their position on supporting liberty as well as issues relating to their campaign. The most important information may be aggregated in this top post for easy reference.

Candidate Name: Bob Barr
    Office Sought: U.S. House, Georgia's 11th Congressional District
    Social Media: Facebook | Twitter

Candidate Profile: On the Issues
    Civil Liberties: [Rating TBD]
    Constitutional Issues: [Rating TBD]
    Economic Issues: [Rating TBD]
    Foreign Policy: [Rating TBD]
    Social Issues: [Rating TBD]
    Overall Issues Rating: [Rating TBD]

Race Profile: Competition & Demographics
    State: Georgia
    District: 11
    Incumbent: Phil Gingrey (R-GA) - Will not seek re-election.
    Other Primary Candidates: Allan Levene, Ed Lindsey, Barry Loudermilk, Tricia Pridemore
    Non-Incumbent Candidates from Other Parties: Patrick Thompson (D)
    Cook PVI: R+19 (Solid Republican)
    Relevant poll numbers: None
    Overall Race Profile Rating: [Rating TBD]

Miscellaneous Pros/Cons
    Key strong points:

Unknown points for further research:

Possible weak points:

Possible deal breakers:

Overall Rating:
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV View Post
    You're not making the claim that there's no objective best diet, are you?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Are any of his Primary opponents hard-core Ron Paul people?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

lol why even post this? slow day?

Quote Originally Posted by brandon View Post
    Requested here: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...luation-Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV View Post
    You're not making the claim that there's no objective best diet, are you?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Think he is a shoe-in?

Bob Barr on Iran:

Bob Barr on Iran: Opposing the Regime / Supporting the People

Supporting regime change in Iran is in the national security interest of the United States
    . [B4L - Not necessarily] The current leadership in Iran poses one of the greatest threats to peace in the world today [B4L - I don't think so.]. The United States must actively oppose the development of military nuclear capability by Iran; even as we support development of a truly democratically elected government in Iran.

The United States has several mechanisms at our disposal, including:

Economic
    Covert action
    Diplomacy
    Humanitarian
    Overt military action

I fully understand the reality of military conflict and its impact on our economy and the families involved. Military action should be employed only as a last resort when our national security requires it.

However, it is the responsibility of our public servants in government to use every tool at their disposal to avoid a “hot” conflict while, at the same time, protecting the legitimate national security interests of the United States.

I support a multi-pronged effort regarding Iran. Therefore, in Congress, I will support these efforts [B4L - Towards what end? There is no goal here. Will have to assume he wants regime change based on the first paragraph.]:

Degrade the ability of Iran to operate in the world financial markets, through my work on the House Financial Services Committee;
    Draw on my prior service in the Central Intelligence Agency to provide the necessary authority and funding to allow our intelligence agencies to gather information, utilizing both human and technical assets;
    Support diplomatic efforts to both establish lines of communications and help foster a more stable environment for pro-democracy opposition forces in Iran; and,
    Make certain our armed forces are funded adequately, so they have the necessary tools and resources to accomplish any mission assigned to them.

http://barrcongress.com/bob-barr-on-...ng-the-people/
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 10-30-2013 at 02:24 PM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Not sure what you mean Brian. I mean why even post it in that the guy is basically a direct enemy of Ron Paul. Not sure why he's being given the time of day here.

TL;DR I vote no
    Last edited by brandon; 10-30-2013 at 01:32 PM.

Didn't he endorse Gingrich for president in 2012? The guy is a slime ball

Requested because he was the subject of a lot of discussion on here when he first announced.

I'm undecided between him and Loudermilk in this race.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Not sure what you mean Brian. I mean why even post it in that the guy is basically a direct enemy of Ron Paul. Not sure why he's being given the time of day here.

TL;DR I vote no
    If he is a shoe-in, might not be worth much time either (at least when it comes to putting in effort or campaign donations).

Didn't he endorse Gingrich for president in 2012? The guy is a slime ball
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...s-New-Gingrich!

^^Nice, that thread sums up RPF opinion of Bob Barr