Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time for a 30 minute infomercial??? Vote

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Time for a 30 minute infomercial??? Vote

I believe we need a 30 minute infomercial

what do you think?
    Rand Paul 2016!!!!!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    can we sticky this??
    Rand Paul 2016!!!!!

sticky?
    Rand Paul 2016!!!!!

how in the world could this be a bad idea?

only if it's a prime time infomercial... I don't believe that a late night one would be effective at all.

Yes, Primetime
    Rand Paul 2016!!!!!

Absolutely, I'd rather have an infomercial than a blimp, anyone have any idea what it costs for a 30 minute slot at like 11:00 PM or so?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I think only prime time, big network.

His campaign has proven to be enough of a spectacle that some network would take it.

Yes, lots of targeted infomercials--we could do it when the other campaigns couldn't. This is what we need more than anything else. Take all the gosh DAMN blimp money and do infomercials. I'll give 50 a day for the next month for infomercials. Ron Pauls ideas are powerful but they must be explained. People will listen and if he really takes time to write and rewrite his speeches and gets tips FROM US--GRASSROOTS and great campaign aides, he will light a wildfire.

Quote Originally Posted by colecrowe View Post
    Take all the gosh DAMN blimp money and do infomercials.
    Why take the blimp money? Go ahead and organize a similar pledge project for an infomercial if you think the free market will support it.

Sticky This

I mean, goodness, look how powerful the Youtube propaganda vids are. Some of that--BUT also some more mainstream stuff (less slideshow and music)--Just Paul speaking powerful truths about the Bill of Rights, his incredible record, how upright he his, and how he believes and would always OBEY THE LAW. All people have gotten is Nixons--he will appeal to that desperation. And THE DEFICIT THE DEBT and SPENDING! Get the Christians, the home schoolers, the MILITARY FAMILIES, the gun owners, the REAGAN REPUBLICANS. If the production of the infomercials really took advantage of the amazing message, it would be better than anything any other candidate could every do. The meetup groups could have huge watching parties at colleges and townhalls. The grassroots would rise up to organize such a thing. But of course even more than that will be all the masses of TV addicts. WAKE THEM UP. This is THE answer ... i think
    Last edited by colecrowe; 11-28-2007 at 10:52 PM.

30 minutes is too long for the average tv watcher's attention span.

Infomercials AND DVD's. They can be shot at the same time, and the DVD's can be distributed by grassroots at no cost to the campaign.
    "No matter how noble you try to make it, your good intentions will not compensate for the mistakes that people make; that want to run
    our lives and run the economy, and reject the principles of private property and making up our own decisions for ourselves." -Ron Paul

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I often see infomercials on the mainly Christian tv channels. I bet that an infomercial on those channels would be less expensive AND much more targeted to mainly Republican viewers.

That is a really good idea. you are genius.
    " In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man; brave, hated, and scorned. When his cause succeeds, however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."- Mark Twain

bump
    " In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man; brave, hated, and scorned. When his cause succeeds, however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."- Mark Twain

I would contribute to an infomercial. Now that name recognition is up a bit from the regular ads and before the primaries, it is the perfect time. Go for a premium 30 minute spot at 11pm in the primary states. Also buy some cheaper time on Christian stations.

bump
    LOL I keep thinking everyone is chiding this infomercial idea by smugly giving the one-word response -- and in their mind better idea -- "blimp".

bump (sticky?) ---this should continue to be an issue that is discussed.

Absolutely, this is a great idea. Perot did it when he needed to create his own buzz, and his viewership rate was shockingly high, from every stastic I've read...he was competing with prime-time programming.
    Pledge to buy Dr Paul's upcoming book (and read the preface!):

http://www.ronpaulbookbomb.com/

#4 on Amazon and climbing! Pre-order it here:

http://www.ronpaulbookbomb.com/buy/amazon/

Yes! An infomercial would be very helpful. Even if it only aired in one market, it would then make it to other markets via the internet. And we could put it on a DVD and show it to our friends and family.

This is important. We have a country to save! These issues cannot be properly addressed in 30 second sound bites. We need to see charts and graphs showing inflation, taxation, and the national debt.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by FluxCapacitor View Post
    Yes! An infomercial would be very helpful. Even if it only aired in one market, it would then make it to other markets via the internet. And we could put it on a DVD and show it to our friends and family.

This is important. We have a country to save! These issues cannot be properly addressed in 30 second sound bites. We need to see charts and graphs showing inflation, taxation, and the national debt.
    "All I can remember from that is a bunch of charts"

Love the idea. Someone send it to the campaign!

The idea HAS been sent to HQ.

We are the campaign and unless WE do it, it will not happen.

I called some places yesterday, professional videographers and also some firms that do infomercials.

Youtube footage is unacceptable and will not work, so don't even start trying to tell folks that all we have to do is cobble together some youtubes. That's incorrect. Period.

Media footage - example: from the debate last night - cannot be used without permission of the owner (in the debate example, CNN) which is unlikely to be granted in part because it opens the network to subjection to fair use and all sorts of laws.

CSpan footage of Dr. Paul on the House floor and at Banking committee meetings is usable and is the property of the people and subject to no restrictions. CSpan can't say how long it will take them to get the footage to a buyer (yes, we have to buy it, it's not free).

So we would need a script, a voice person, footage (ACCEPTABLE footage for broadcast and webcams ain't it) to mix in, stills, etc.

Cost estimates just to make one are across a wide and I do mean WIDE range. I'm not saying what the range is that I was quoted.

Now, once you get all that done...THEN you get to buy airtime.

And that's where you'll spend the big bucks...

Hope that helps...
    Why can't everybody else leave everybody else alone?

How much would a 30 min slot cost??? I'm sure it'd be a lot. It's a great idea though.

Two part
    1/2 hour on monetary policy
    followed by
    1/2 hour on foreign policy

"Ron Paul Revolution" Sunday night at 8 only on ABC.

I can see it now! You're talking bucks but serious results!

There is no doubt after seeing the talents of people here that this could be done very effectively on a volunteer level, leaving air time to be the major expense. Would it be a $1 mill? $2 mill? I don't know.

I think a half hour, if done effectively to highlight the complicity between monetary and foreign policies, as well as Paul's consistency and principles, it could be HUGE!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast