Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Picture of CHP Officer Pointing a Rifle at Driver During "Active-Shooter" Checkpoint

Picture of CHP Officer Pointing a Rifle at Driver During "Active-Shooter" Checkpoint

Let's see , we have one known individual holed-up inside a house, so not only do we set up a perimeter around that house, order the entire neighborhood out of their homes, we also set up check-points and point rifles at random drivers for no reason. At least the morbidly-obese oinker on the passenger side isn't muzzle sweeping the driver.

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2013/oc...ff-surrenders/

ROSEVILLE, Calif. (AP) — The gunman in a violent confrontation that wounded a federal immigration officer and three local police officers surrendered early Saturday after an hours-long standoff in a Sacramento suburb, authorities said.

The suspect, 32-year-old Samuel Nathan Duran, would be booked in Roseville's jail and then taken to Placer County jail, according to city officials. He surrendered at 12:30 a.m. Saturday.

The shootings happened Friday before the standoff occurred.

SNIP

As officers attempted to capture the suspect before his surrender, helicopters were circling overhead and armored vehicles and other police cars flocked to the area Friday night. Roseville is about 20 miles northeast of the state capital.

In anticipation of the standoff lasting through the night, some local residents were bused to a community center to spend the night.

SNIP
    The incident created scenes of panic and chaos in a typically quiet middle class suburb of about 120,000. Walstad described multiple shooting sites as the suspect tried to escape a swarm of descending law enforcement agents, and reporters on the scene described hearing several volleys of gunfire.
    Last edited by SeanTX; 10-26-2013 at 11:58 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

In my opinion the driver had the right to kill the cop for threatening him with a deadly weapon. Any bystander armed had the right to drop him on sight as well to protect that driver. You never point your weapon at anything you do not intend to shoot.
    "I know the urge to arm yourself, because that’s what I did. I was trained in firearms. When I walked to the hospital when my husband was sick, I carried a concealed weapon. I made the determination that if somebody was going to try to take me out I was going to take them with me."

Diane Feinstein, 1995

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel999 View Post
    In my opinion the driver had the right to kill the cop for threatening him with a deadly weapon. Any bystander armed had the right to drop him on sight as well to protect that driver. You never point your weapon at anything you do not intend to shoot.
    Funny how earlier in the week CA cops justified killing a kid for leveling a toy gun at them ; yet they can point weapons at us and we can't do anything . Even just asking them to not do that would probably result in an arrest, beatdown, etc.

Good cops.

Freedom.

AmeriKa.

Oops, repost!
    "I know the urge to arm yourself, because that’s what I did. I was trained in firearms. When I walked to the hospital when my husband was sick, I carried a concealed weapon. I made the determination that if somebody was going to try to take me out I was going to take them with me."

Diane Feinstein, 1995

Quote Originally Posted by SeanTX View Post
    Funny how earlier in the week CA cops justified killing a kid for leveling a toy gun at them ; yet they can point weapons at us and we can't do anything . Even just asking them to not do that would probably result in an arrest, beatdown, etc.
    +rep.

Minor correction, the story I read never mentioned anything about the kid "leveling" that Airsoft at the $#@! cops.

All he did is turn, and not comply in under a second, to get wasted.

Do. Not. Do. This. To. Me.

We truly do not want to go there. Ever. I've cold cocked best friends that have muzzle swept me.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yup. This is infuriating. Cops really need better training on how not to be militant pricks. Either that or a lot of them need to get Darwin Awards as gifts from the citizenry.

Diane Feinstein, 1995

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Do. Not. Do. This. To. Me.

We truly do not want to go there. Ever. I've cold cocked best friends that have muzzle swept me.
    Exactly, that is not cool.

Diane Feinstein, 1995

Amen and +rep.

Yup. This is infuriating. Cops really need better training on how not to be militant pricks. Either that or a lot of them need to get Darwin Awards as gifts from the citizenry.
    They are training them to BE militant pricks.

That every Mundane is an enemy hostile, to be lit up the instant we twitch funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    They are training them to BE militant pricks.

That every Mundane is an enemy hostile, to be lit up the instant we twitch funny.
    Yeah well those of us with real military training better not get crossed.

Diane Feinstein, 1995

I like the demeanor of the driver. It's like, $#@! you $#@!.

If the officer pointing the rifle had fired (either as a ND or out of fear) the morbidly obese one on the other side would have probably gotten a Darwin Award, or at least some bullet fragments.

Horrible tactics, never mind that there should not have been a "checkpoint" anyway (I can see diverting traffic around the danger area, but no need for searches and rifle pointing at random people).

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Oh no, the check points are all part of the plan. Get used to the goons aiming in on you. I just posted this on another forum and said how the driver or a bystander had the right to kill the police officer...it got deleted in less than 10 minutes.

Diane Feinstein, 1995

And what's up with this specimen of humanity?

Quote Originally Posted by green73 View Post
    And what's up with this specimen of humanity?

Diane Feinstein, 1995

I got swept with an M-16 while walking across the grounds of the Capitol last year. Very not cool.

Oh no, the check points are all part of the plan. Get used to the goons aiming in on you. I just posted this on another forum and said how the driver or a bystander had the right to kill the police officer...it got deleted in less than 10 minutes.
    Of course it did. Likely you were reported to authorities or, in the least, getting ready to be deleted as a member.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Of course it did. Likely you were reported to authorities or, in the least, getting ready to be deleted as a member.
    They can go ahead and report me, as legally I have done nothing wrong by saying you have the right to self defense. If they delete me, just lol. I am far from crazy on that forum. It is "survivalistboards.com."

Diane Feinstein, 1995

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    I got swept with an M-16 while walking across the grounds of the Capitol last year. Very not cool.
    Yes, that isn't cool. Actually I shouldn't have referred to the officer as "muzzle sweeping" the driver, sweeping is more of a careless, reckless act . Dangerous and stupid, but not intentionally threatening. His pointing was very much intentional, not a sweep.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    They can go ahead and report me, as legally I have done nothing wrong by saying you have the right to self defense. If they delete me, just lol. I am far from crazy on that forum. It is "survivalistboards.com."
    Gotcha.

I think I remember that site -- the guy who runs it has a relative who is an LEO, and he won't allow any postings critical of the police. He said as much in a posting , I'm pretty sure it's that site I'm thinking of (that's why I quit reading that forum).

I haz a sig line.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

I think I remember that site -- the guy who runs it has a relative who is an LEO, and he won't allow any postings critical of the police. He said as much in a posting , I'm pretty sure it's that site I'm thinking of (that's why I quit reading that forum).
    Wow, that sucks. It is a good forum otherwise though.

Diane Feinstein, 1995

Forums are a dime-a-dozen. They need you more than you need them.

QFT

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast