Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gerald Celente: Total Economic Collapse in Q1 2014

Gerald Celente: Total Economic Collapse in Q1 2014

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I thought he had said it was going to happen in early 2013...?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

I thought he said it was going to be 2012?
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

Kerplunk, hard to tell when the marbles are going to fall.
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

I have learned that trying to predict the timing of this thing is very treacherous business.

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    I have learned that trying to predict the timing of this thing is very treacherous business.
    Yeah, one thing that originally made immediate sense to me when I heard Ron Paul say it was that it was not really possible to predict timing, although it was entirely predictable to predict the eventual outcome of our current economic policies.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    I thought he had said it was going to happen in early 2013...?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    I thought he said it was going to be 2012?
    LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    True that. I don't know why anybody thinks someone can predict this stuff......
    There is enormous inertia — a tyranny of the status quo — in private and especially governmental arrangements. Only a crisis — actual or perceived — produces real change. When that crisis occurs, the actions that are taken depend on the ideas that are lying around. That, I believe, is our basic function: to develop alternatives to existing policies, to keep them alive and available until the politically impossible becomes politically inevitable
    - Milton Friedman

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Still going to collapse next year (insert year here)?

Here's an older one from 2009- gangs rampant, survivalism, major terror attacks in US, major economic collapse for 2010:
    (his predictions are always so cheerful!)

Last edited by Zippyjuan; 10-26-2013 at 01:41 PM.

RT is the russian state backed propaganda TV channel that is very well funded to help make the US look bad. Although not like they need to do much spin to do that.
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

True. Which is why they like Celente's eternal pessimism about the future.

Lol. Celente is a joke. He reminds me of that guy in the nineteenth century who predicted the day the world would end and everyone joined him on his roof. When it did not come, he just pushed the day back and people kept following him. Making predictions about doom has been around forever and people like Celente make the rest of us look bad.

Quote Originally Posted by kpitcher View Post
    RT is the russian state backed propaganda TV channel that is very well funded to help make the US look bad. Although not like they need to do much spin to do that.
    RT America blows away the garbage we get from these weapons of mass distraction who are the media here. Real issues are up for discussion and I think many seem to have a problem with that.

Look at the fodder we see posted all over the site from the main stream sources...then compare it with what you get from RT America. Then ask who is winning the information war. Information that is truly relevant, I'd add.

RT is the first news channel to break the 1 billion YouTube views benchmark. If I were a political strategist I think I'd consider the depth of my base in a more realistic manner before trying to feed them some nonsensical illusion of relevance to political theater. Now, more than ever, a much larger demographic has come to understand and appreciate the facts. People are coming around to the idea of questioning more. This may hurt the feelings of some who may not want to provide answers but instead would remain content to solicit their base to submit to the we ask, you decide model for what surmises current events, affect, and relevance. This is the difference in just trying to get elected and changing the course of history.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 10-26-2013 at 06:39 PM.

Trying to predict the future is a fool's game. It only serves to discredit the predictor when the their prophecy is untrue (as it often is).

Quote Originally Posted by TheNung View Post
    Trying to predict the future is a fool's game. It only serves to discredit the predictor when the their prophecy is untrue (as it often is).
    The only place Gerald is going wrong is putting a date on it, imo.

"Sorry, fellows, the rebellion is off. We couldn't get a rebellion permit."

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    at this point this is like the boy who cried wolf

Quote Originally Posted by Tod View Post

I would imagine that most of us here on RPF agree that indeed there will be an economic collapse. What it will look like or when it will happen are the unknowns. I saw a video clip within the last week where Ron Paul said basically the same thing. I just can't remember what thread, maybe someone here can help.
    Last edited by Cap; 10-27-2013 at 06:50 AM.
    On Trump:
    How conservative Republicans can continue to support this arrogant imposter—the man who brags about inflicting the world with the Covid mark of the beast; the man who said, “Take the guns first, go through due process second”; and the man who deliberately played and then set up Stewart Rhodes (of course, Stewart was all too eager to be Trump’s patsy) for an 18-year prison sentence—is truly beyond my comprehension.” Chuck Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    RT America blows away the garbage we get from these weapons of mass distraction who are the media here. Real issues are up for discussion and I think many seem to have a problem with that.

Look at the fodder we see posted all over the site from the main stream sources...then compare it with what you get from RT America. Then ask who is winning the information war. Information that is truly relevant, I'd add.

RT is the first news channel to break the 1 billion YouTube views benchmark. If I were a political strategist I think I'd consider the depth of my base in a more realistic manner before trying to feed them some nonsensical illusion of relevance to political theater. Now, more than ever, a much larger demographic has come to understand and appreciate the facts. People are coming around to the idea of questioning more. This may hurt the feelings of some who may not want to provide answers but instead would remain content to solicit their base to submit to the we ask, you decide model for what surmises current events, affect, and relevance. This is the difference in just trying to get elected and changing the course of history.
    I completely agree! Much better than any of the MSM.

Though FOX Business has it's moments with Stossol and Cavuto as does FOX when they let the judge on.

-t

Sorry Gerry, I know you mean well, but I've been estimating December 2014 for years now and I'm sticking with it. My guestimate is really a range, from Nov 15th 2014 to February 28th 2015. I believe that they will manage to prop up the remaining fiction of an economy until after the 2014 General Election. I just say 'December 2014' because it's easier, and anything that falls within the range I've specified is close enough to Dec 2014 that I won't get quibbles about it. This has been my estimate since middle of 2009 and I'm sticking to it. Indeed, it formed the basis of my recovery plan. Elect Constitutionalists in 2014 to take the lead in the rebuilding effort.

Yes, but don't make the mistake of thinking they are doing it out of altruism. RT has an agenda to report all the bad stuff they can about America. Since almost everything is bad right now, they come out on top for accuracy. If most things were good, I am confident that they would not.

The timing of the (dollar) crash all depends on how much QE we can absorb. The fed is not going to stop until the dollar crashes. I don't see it taking more than a couple years.

It's fun to predict the world is going to $#@! and pretend you are one of the few smart enough to realize it. When it doesn't happen, you just keep pushing the date forward. Eventually, some of your predictions will come true and you highlight them and look like a genius.

GC should take a cue from geologists. They can no way pinpoint the accuracy of an earthquake happening say in California. Looking at data and analysis they know its going to happen so people should not be surprised when it does.

If a person lives on a fault everything is good until it slips. Right now this whole fiat currency is one big fault underneath the current economy. It will slip and there will be lots of damage, but life will go on and people will rebuild as has happened for centuries.
    USE THIS SITE TO LINK ARTICLES FROM OLIGARCH MEDIA:http://archive.is/ STARVE THE BEAST.
    More Government = Less Freedom
    Communism never disappeared it only changed its name to Social Democrat
    Emotion and Logic mix like oil and water

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

RT has their own agenda and it doesn't necessarily coincide with the interest of the American people.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    Sorry Gerry, I know you mean well, but I've been estimating December 2014 for years now and I'm sticking with it. My guestimate is really a range, from Nov 15th 2014 to February 28th 2015. I believe that they will manage to prop up the remaining fiction of an economy until after the 2014 General Election. I just say 'December 2014' because it's easier, and anything that falls within the range I've specified is close enough to Dec 2014 that I won't get quibbles about it. This has been my estimate since middle of 2009 and I'm sticking to it. Indeed, it formed the basis of my recovery plan. Elect Constitutionalists in 2014 to take the lead in the rebuilding effort.
    2014 is what John Williams (ex-Boeing economist) said would be the outer range of when he predicted economic collapse. He was saying saying that in 2009 (within 5 years) and to his credit I saw an interview with him a couple weeks ago and he's sticking with his guns. We'll see though - besides killing, the other thing the US government is really good at is kicking the can down the road and relying on the greater fool to keep itself afloat. Personally, I'd be pretty surprised if the US economy doesn't implode between 2025 and 2030 (the point at which payments for interest on the national debt and entitlements exceeds 100% of federal revenue):
    http://bipartisanpolicy.org/sites/de...0SUMMARY_0.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Tod View Post

100% agreed.

It has been openly crashing and burning since we openly went off having the monetary system tied into some form of reality like gold in 1971.

Is it any wonder we now control nothing and have many masters defining our every course of action?

I suppose one might say they counterfeited a counterfeit power over us. Just not very loudly!

Quote Originally Posted by Bastiat's The Law View Post
    RT has their own agenda and it doesn't necessarily coincide with the interest of the American people.
    And here at home we have News Business. Which also doesn't coincide with the interest of the American People. Is a simple model of Growth versus survival.

Please don't assume that I am in need of education regarding geopolitical motive. I understand it just fine and can place it into relevant context.

The point of my post was simple. I'm not concerned with what they have to say about America. My interest (and the interest of a ever growing demographic) lies in the fact that they actually report on and discuss actual issues that affect the people that they need to know about. Something that they simply do not get from those who are simply in the news business.

I flipped through the channels today and the substance was a darn shame all the way across the board. Nothing of substance was being reported on up until I got to RT where they were discussing the war on drugs and things that many discuss here daily regarding it.

And what makes these "news" outlets here at home "American" anyway? Has anyone ever asked that?
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 10-27-2013 at 05:59 PM.

And here at home we have News Business. Which also doesn't coincide with the interest of the American People. Is a simple model of Growth versus survival.

Please don't assume that I am in need of education regarding geopolitical motive. I understand it just fine and can place it into relevant context.

The point of my post was simple. I'm not concerned with what they have to say about America. My interest lies in the fact that they actually report on and discuss actual issues that affect the people that they need to know about. Something that they simply do not get from those who are simply in the news business.

I flipped through the channels today and the substance was a darn shame all the way across the board. Nothing of substance was being reported on up until I got to RT where they were discussing the war on drugs and things we discuss here daily regarding it.

And what makes these "news" outlets here at home "American" anyway?

Sad. Isn't it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast