Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Nestle CEO Says You Shouldn’t Have The Right to Water

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    LOL Well, any water you get exercising this right would likely not be potable unless you find a spring somewhere on unclaimed land. If you want a right to water that someone else has made potable for you and packaged or made available from a faucet or some device, you're deluding yourself. A meaningful "right" has to be unalienable and cannot infringe on anyone else's rights. TANSTAAFL!
    Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    Exactly.

Here is the real Bill of Rights from moral philosopher genius Franklin Roosevelt....
    You both completely ignored my last sentence.

On purpose?

"Just like every other right, it ends when it infringes upon the rights of others."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    I could collect rainwater and make it potable if necessary. Water from the sky that lands in my rain barrel is mine. It has not touched anyone’s land.
    Not according to gov.

https://www.accuweather.com/en/weath...te-us/61586739
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by IBleedNavyAndOrange View Post
    You both completely ignored my last sentence.

On purpose?

"Just like every other right, it ends when it infringes upon the rights of others."
    Sorry, missed that. But if that's the case you want to argue, it's not really a "right to water". You're just arguing for rights to do whatever you want ("alter or improve", as some call it) on your own property. A meaningful "right to water" implies a right to water on other property.(similar to how a "right to an attorney" gives you the right to a public defender on the taxpayer's dime)
    Last edited by heavenlyboy34; 01-26-2018 at 11:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Is my presence around the forum making you uncomfortable?.
    No, it's your laughable positions that annoy me. Sporting your childish Che-the-persecuted avatar while berating us for believing that free markets are always always always better solutions than governments - just stop son.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post

Yea, or the could have just failed like the state company did and would have just done the one thing the Free market does when there is a shortage and that is raise the price to the point where most people would not be able to effort it while they think if a solution to the problem.
    SolutionS - probably 200 would fail. 10 might be viable. The public would opt for one or two.

And yes, price is a function of supply and demand. I know that must upset upset you. But profit is a measure of value - if price doesn't rise there's no incentive to develop a solution. That's why they're out of water. If prices had been allowed to creep up with demand, people would self-ration. Pipelines might get built, trains and trucks would carry water, gray water systems would be installed for flushing toilets and watering crops....

Or we could just go all Che and kill all the f.ags....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234