Thread: 7.6 Quake Rips Fukushima Area - Tsunami Warning Issued

7.6 Quake Rips Fukushima Area - Tsunami Warning Issued

http://enenews.com/ap-7-3-magnitude-...-higher-ground

Oct 25, 2013 at 2:31p ET (h/t Anonymous tips): 7.3-magnitude quake rocks Japan [...] An earthquake of magnitude 7.3 struck early Saturday morning off Japan’s east coast, the U.S. Geological Survey said. Japan’s emergency agencies declared a tsunami warning for the region that includes the crippled Fukushima nuclear site. [...] NHK reported that Tokyo Electric Power Co., the operator of the Fukushima plant, ordered workers near the coast to move to higher ground. [...]
    Links to AP and Reuters on link at top of post.

Fukushima got hit AGAIN. AND they're getting nailed with a Typhoon in the midst.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    why does japan even have nuclear power plants it's notorious for earthquakes
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

Tsunami was about twelve inches. No big deal. Quake was about 200 miles off the coast. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-24677578

A small tsunami triggered by a quake has hit Japan's eastern coast - where the crippled Fukushima nuclear plant is located - but no damage is reported.

The 30cm (1ft) waves reached the region after the 7.1 magnitude tremor struck at a depth of 10km (six miles), about 320km off the coast.

A tsunami alert issued for several areas was later lifted.

Workers at the Fukushima power station had been told to leave waterfront areas for higher ground.

But a Fukushima spokesman later said there was no damage or change in readings at radiation monitoring posts around the plant, according to Reuters news agency.

The Japan Meteorological Agency had warned that a small tsunami - up to one metre (3.3ft) - could reach the eastern coast after the tremor in the Pacific Ocean.

The agency had also issued a "yellow" advisory for Fukushima and the prefectures of Iwate, Miyagi, Ibaraki and parts of Chiba.

But it added: "Though there may be slight sea-level change in coastal regions, no tsunami damage is expected."
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 10-25-2013 at 06:15 PM.

but no damage is reported.
    OK..
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

On October 22nd, this story was posted.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013...n_4142218.html

In the wake of two giant oarfish washing up on the Californian shoreline within a week, social media is awash with speculation that the rarely-seen beasts are harbingers of an impending doom.

Specifically, that the appearances of the Regalecus glesne – believed to be the largest bony fish living – are a sign an earthquake could be imminent.

On Friday a 13.5ft specimen washed up on Oceanside, just five days after an 18 footer appeared near Catalina Island.

The elusive creatures, which are also known as ribbonfish, can reach up to 55 feet and weigh up to 600 pounds.

The fish's extreme proportions, combined with a prominent dorsal fin and undulating swimming motion, could have been the basis for ancient myths of sea-serpents.

In Japan, they are known as "Messengers from the Sea God's Palace" and are traditionally believed to be the portent of powerful earthquakes.

In March 2010, both The Telegraph and The Japan Times reported an upsurge in the number of oarfish spotted and washed up along the Japanese coast.

Coupled with the devastating quake which hit the country in April the following year, a conspiracy theory was born and continues to evolve today.

But Rick Feeney, who has been studying fish for almost 35 years for the Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County, disagrees.

“It’s probably just a coincidence,” he told CBS Local Los Angeles.

“We think that they come inshore to die actually because they’re in distress for some reason, but we don’t know what the reason is.”
    Then the story posted by the OP occurred on October 25th.

Which is why they naturalist kind of pisses me off. I get it that we don't have any scientific reason to conclude that sudden oarfish die-offs have anything to do with earthquakes, but we also have no definitive proof they don't. It's a freaking extreme deep-sea diving 15+ foot long weird fish. And if the Japanese, who've been around documenting things in excruciating details for centuries, have a myth about them, maybe there is something to it.

But bah, we must ignore the myths! Only science and reason can apply here!

Reminds me of that opening scene from HBO's Carnivale.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzBaEPta8xM

All I know is, if I am on a Pacific Coast and start reading stories of Oarfish die-offs, I may head inland for a few weeks.
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post

Which is why they naturalist kind of pisses me off. I get it that we don't have any scientific reason to conclude that sudden oarfish die-offs have anything to do with earthquakes, but we also have no definitive proof they don't. It's a freaking extreme deep-sea diving 15+ foot long weird fish. And if the Japanese, who've been around documenting things in excruciating details for centuries, have a myth about them, maybe there is something to it.

All I know is, if I am on a Pacific Coast and start reading stories of Oarfish die-offs, I may head inland for a few weeks.

I agree! Dismissing things out of hand, is not always a good thing. And I don't believe in coincidences.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    I agree! Dismissing things out of hand, is not always a good thing. And I don't believe in coincidences.
    Especially if said "coincidence" keeps happening over and over.
    No - No - No - No

Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post

Makes sense to me. A lot of scientific truth comes from observations like that. It is just one scientist speaking though. That doesn't mean there isn't another one looking at it from the perspective that maybe there's something to this after all.

Am I the only one wondering what oar fish tastes like?
    Last edited by angelatc; 10-26-2013 at 10:52 AM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    i feel bad for Japan. I hope they are not lying about damage at the power plant
    "I know the urge to arm yourself, because that’s what I did. I was trained in firearms. When I walked to the hospital when my husband was sick, I carried a concealed weapon. I made the determination that if somebody was going to try to take me out I was going to take them with me."

Diane Feinstein, 1995

A crumbling plant and leaky storage tanks suffering no damage? RIGHT...

They are playing with fire and the world will be burned
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Just out of curiousity, how many people know that there is a SAFER way to have Nuclear Power without the Risks of Meltdown, but at the COST of not being able to create Weapons Grade Uranium or Depleted Uranium?

Nuclear Fuel Fabrication
    http://world-nuclear.org/info/Nuclea...l-Fabrication/

Theres a ton of info on the link.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

RE: Oarfish

I'd heard this recently as well, and the dismissals that came along with it. Frankly, it makes sense that there IS some sort of connection. Is there some sort of shift in acidity? Water temperature? Salinity? There's so little known about oarfish that it's possible the areas they frequent undergo a change before a large earthquake, causing them to head towards shore, or maybe just a certain subset of their population.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Nuclear power was a bad idea from the start.

What the hell does Japan need plutonium for? Selling? Stockpiling? Reuse in newer reactors?

"If Japan decided that it cannot use the plutonium, it would be breaking international pledges aimed at preventing the spread of weapons-grade nuclear material. It already has enough plutonium to make hundreds of nuclear bombs — 10 tons of it at home and the rest in Britain and France, where Japan's spent fuel was previously processed."

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaWV View Post
    RE: Oarfish

I'd heard this recently as well, and the dismissals that came along with it. Frankly, it makes sense that there IS some sort of connection. Is there some sort of shift in acidity? Water temperature? Salinity? There's so little known about oarfish that it's possible the areas they frequent undergo a change before a large earthquake, causing them to head towards shore, or maybe just a certain subset of their population.
    My guess was that similar to those mass bird/fish die-offs that go mostly unexplained (no lightning in the area, but suddenly a flock of birds all die at once, as an example), probably some sort of initial tremor messes with the oarfish's sensory organs, it gets all disoriented and drifts up to waters in which its weak body cannot navigate, and it dies.
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.