Thread: Boehner facing three republican challengers so far....

Boehner facing three republican challengers so far....

plus a Democrat challenger.

Hopefully one will prove to be a liberty type candidate. I'll have to do some more digging to learn more about the opposition, even though I am not in that district.

http://www.mansfieldnewsjournal.com/...llenge-Boehner

Candidates on right and left lining up to challenge Boehner

The race for Ohio’s 8th district seat — now held by House Speaker John Boehner — is getting downright crowded. So far, three candidates have declared they will challenge the West Chester Republican and 12-term congressman.
    First came Eric Gurr, a Liberty Township Republican and CEO of a computer consulting company, who said he decided to run after Boehner endorsed a U.S. military strike against Syria.
    Then came another GOP contender, J.D. Winteregg, who lives in Troy and is a high school teacher, who said he’s been laying the groundwork for his campaign for a year now.
    Voters in the 8th District are “finished with their representative standing up for the special interests of the D.C. Establishment,” Winteregg said in a statement earlier this month announcing his candidacy. “After allowing Speaker Boehner to represent our district for two decades, we need a new voice and bold reforms. As a 31-year-old, conservative millennial, I will strive to ensure that the values of accountability and liberty prevail in Congress.”
    If that three-way GOP contest wasn’t enough, there’s also a Democrat in the race, Thomas Poetter, a 50-year-old professor at Miami University where he serves as the director of graduate studies. He said he has been thinking about a challenge for a while and became more eager during the government shutdown, sparked by GOP efforts to tie funding for the government to dismantling of the federal health care reform law.
    “We’d like to put Speaker Boehner out of work before Republicans do,” Poetter said. He conceded that he has an uphill battle, given that the 8th District is solidly Republican. But he noted that Democrats didn’t even mount a challenge in the last election and said his party needed to step up.
    “Nobody should have a free pass to Congress,” Poetter said. Citizen candidates have to be able to run in the United States, even if they have no money (and) no political organization behind them.”
    Poetter, who is still working to launch his website and campaign organization, said his main theme will be leadership. But he’s also a supporter of Obamacare, and he said lawmakers should be focused on fixing the law, not repealing it.

"Sorry, fellows, the rebellion is off. We couldn't get a rebellion permit."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Eric Gurr On The Record

- In 2008, in reference to the impending housing bubble burst, Gurr wrote, "I would also argue that a sizable dose of Keynesianism (deficit spending) is not out of the question, and historically cannot be seen as dangerous at this point."

- In 2008, Gurr wrote that "Social security payments must also be cut. A cut of 2.5% next year, and a subsequent cut of 2.5% the following year, coupled with a cut in the administrative overhead is the only way." In 2009, Gurr advocated that "Even social security checks need to be cut by 10%."

- In 2008, with respect to addressing the FDR social safety net, Gurr wrote that we needed to "Increase and maintain FDR's social safety net...sorry Ron Paul supporters, these are good things."

- In 2008, Gurr identified protectionist policies as problematic, while in 2013 he advocated for tariffs on the automobile, plane, and electronics industries.

- In 2009, Gurr wrote, "The real lesson of history is that citizens who are not diligent in protecting their freedoms will lose those freedoms, and in many cases their lives. . .Before we begin the arguments of the future, we must fix the foundation." The next year, in 2010, Gurr donated to the Boehner campaign, long after Boehner co-sponsored NCLB and supported TARP.

- In 2009, Gurr wrote that we need to "Employ the use of massive violence against terrorists and their supporters."

- In 2013, Gurr believed that our foreign policy position should be to "react to events as they unfold."

Ashworth withdrawals – Supports Eric Gurr for Congress

To the people of the 8th district and the American worker,

The reason I entered the race to replace Boehner is because I am tired of American jobs being sent overseas, and I am very offended that the Obama regime chose a foreign firm to build the Obamacare website instead of an American firm (twice). I do not support amnesty, especially when there are 20 millions Americans out of work and I believe unemployment benefits should be extended because there are No jobs!!

All that being said, I did not get in the race to be a spoiler and split the vote among the candidates thereby making it easier for Boehner to be reelected.

I want to thank everyone who has supported my message and platform and announce that I am withdrawing from the race and am supporting Eric Gurr to be the next congressman to represent Ohio’s 8th district. Eric is a good man and we agree on many issues, he is a solid conservative and will make a great replacement to Speaker Boehner.

Please support Eric Gurr on May 6th and let’s send Boehner packing before he can pass amnesty and retire to florida with his millions.

Matthew Ashworth / April 29, 2014
    Founder of The United Tea Party Alliance

http://ashworthforcongress.com/ashwo...-for-congress/
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.