Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tools (The work kind)

and...

and....

Last edited by kathy88; 10-23-2013 at 09:25 PM.
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    //
    Last edited by kcchiefs6465; 10-24-2013 at 06:36 AM.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    So a pirate walks into a bar, and the bartender sees he has a ship's wheel hanging from his junk.
    The bartender asks "Hey, what's with the ship's wheel on your Johnson?"
    And the pirate replies "Arrrrr, it's drivin' me nuts!"
    You're the old uncle at family gatherings that tells stale jokes. Admit it.

Dremel, pliers and sawzalls come to mind for non-kitchen tools.

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Rather looks like a heat gun for tightening shrink wrap tubing. Yes?

SMFH. Split your time between the dojo and a mechanics shop. Wax on wax off.

Air Hammer.

I have a Mac. Can rip the top off a 55 gal drum in a minute.

Give me a few minutes and I can cut a car in half.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Sawzall.
    Coil Nailer.
    Worm Drive.
    Hammer Drill.
    Hand Grinder.

My world. I love my tools: And, then just for fun, try replacing car tires at home with just a couple of tools (smaller ones are much harder to do):

Air hammer without a chisel installed in it. Great for removing stuck bolts and nuts, suspension work, and all around mayhem.
    “First of all, if you’ve got health insurance, you like your doctors, you like your plan, you can keep your doctor, you can keep your plan. Nobody is talking about taking that away from you.” Lying Sack of Crap

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    Very intersting. I've never used mine for screws. Source on that adapter?
    Lee Valley has them. Great company.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by kathy88 View Post

and...

and....

Ahhh , I see getting fancy with that pineapple thingy, I just use a cleaver and a filet knife, lol

Quote Originally Posted by FindLiberty View Post
    My world. I love my tools: And, then just for fun, try replacing car tires at home with just a couple of tools (smaller ones are much harder to do):
    I have done lawn tractor tires , ( Sunday and nothing open )and it is not on my fun list , but at least I know I can , lol

Pretty nice little tool to have. Anyone else have one of these relics?

14" wetsaw, love it. Everyone should have one. Really $#@!ing useful. Will also saw a lot of other materials w/o water and a different blade. Not made for it but I've used the thing to cut wood/metal as well.
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by helmuth_hubener View Post
    I have about a half dozen Wiss snips, or two three pc sets that I bought one pc at a time. Straight ( yellow) and Right and left angle ( green & red) . I used the hell out of them when I worked in Mnfg.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by helmuth_hubener View Post

Pretty nice little tool to have. Anyone else have one of these relics?
    Yeah , mine is an old Sears Craftsman made in Germany , I bought it in a thrift store for 7 FRN's years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    just built a post pounder with my hobart mig the other day, nothing better than using tools to make more tools

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.

This is a recent "new" toy of mine, procured for the outrageous price of $40.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post

This is a recent "new" toy of mine, procured for the outrageous price of $40.
    Outrageous, what kind of a fool wold sell that for 40 bucks.
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    Outrageous, what kind of a fool wold sell that for 40 bucks.
    The kind who paid only that much for it, has been sitting on it for years, isn't really into woodworking, and is at an engineer swap meet where there's only one person who is into it and still collecting tools.
    I also got a 1kw permanent magnet DC motor AND the 110VAC controller for it for.... nothing.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Yeah , mine is an old Sears Craftsman made in Germany , I bought it in a thrift store for 7 FRN's years ago.
    You get into old enough tools and Made in Germany stops being a good thing, because it very well may mean East Germany (the 1950s equivalent of China: cheap labor)!

But yeah, that's a good buy, oyarde; can't beat $7.

Mine is Made in the USA, wood handle, nothing fancy but works well.

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Air Hammer.

I have a Mac. Can rip the top off a 55 gal drum in a minute.

Give me a few minutes and I can cut a car in half.

I don't own one, never worked with one. Looking at picking up a used so ph3050 off ebay.

I have a hole I busted in a wire reinforced 30 year old 8" thick 3' tall concrete foundation wall for a door frame with a 10 lb manual sledge... that was a bitch.

I'm through and to door width, but my hole is pretty rounded.

Would I be able to use a 3050 to square it off ya think?

If so I could quickly justify such spending

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Get a concrete bit/chisel.. Metal ones work well for metal.. Wood for wood.. and so on.

It will do the hammering part.

old post,, I no longer own those tools.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

I don't own one, never worked with one. Looking at picking up a used so ph3050 off ebay.

I have a hole I busted in a wire reinforced 30 year old 8" thick 3' tall concrete foundation wall for a door frame with a 10 lb manual sledge... that was a bitch.

I'm through and to door width, but my hole is pretty rounded.

Would I be able to use a 3050 to square it off ya think?

If so I could quickly justify such spending
    Much, much easier to oversize the hole, set the jamb and pour a patch to the jamb...

But buy the tool anyway!

Always buy the tool!

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Much, much easier to oversize the hole
    I'm between two important structural columns... so compromising integrity to make the door job nice is not in the cards.

Also door is sliding on outer surface of concrete wall... so kind of different situation; jam is flush mounted to concrete surface and works like a sliding barn door.

I'm not working a 3050 too hard on hard reinforced concrete chipping?
    Last edited by presence; 10-05-2016 at 06:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Get a concrete bit/chisel.. Metal ones work well for metal.. Wood for wood.. and so on.

It will do the hammering part.

nice thats what I wanted to hear

I'm between two important structural columns... so compromising integrity to make the door job nice is not in the cards.

I'm not working a 3050 too hard on hard reinforced concrete chipping?
    You're not going to hurt the air hammer...

Do you have 14+ CFM to drive it?

I have a 1.8hp 28gallon.

Not sure how far that'd get me... most I've ever run is two roofing nailers on marathon.

If my math is right I think I'd get about 2 minutes of beat down before I had to let my compressor cycle.
    Last edited by presence; 10-05-2016 at 07:10 PM.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast