Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Tools (The work kind)

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Something to extend the life of the back of this old drywaller. Just put it together tonight, I'll let you know how it performed in a couple days.

https://hangprolift.com/
    Looks interesting, as a bonus there's no water bottles full of pee buried in the wall and 107db Mariachi music blasting...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Looks interesting, as a bonus there's no water bottles full of pee buried in the wall and 107db Mariachi music blasting...
    Is that what that smell is?
    "The Patriarch"

Is that what that smell is?
    10-15 million dollar house, beans hanging rock, $#@! in the upstairs tub, peeing in water bottles, food scraps layered in with rock waste...

I remember why I quit site work.

My most recent thing I've been goofing with.
    Phrozen Sonic Mini
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Today Ipicked up a sweet two foot Cornwell Drift Pin/Punch Lady Foot bar . Should come in handy while I am cutting wood , a little longer than the other couple I have but still shorter than a crow bar .
    Do something Danke

I swore off battery powered tools back when Milwaukee still offered a drill with a metal housing due to the high upkeep costs, late 80's...

Well I took the plunge and am giving the LI tools a try.

After consulting with my friend who repairs them I followed his advice and went with Makita.

According to him they're all made in Chiwaneese but the Makita tools have the best charging technology and consistent cell quality.

18v brushless drill driver combo set..

No complaints after 6 months or so..

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    My most recent thing I've been goofing with.
    Phrozen Sonic Mini
    What are you printing if I may ask?
    "The Patriarch"

Something to extend the life of the back of this old drywaller. Just put it together tonight, I'll let you know how it performed in a couple days.

https://hangprolift.com/
    It's a bit awkward, still on the learning curve with it but I can see it's a keeper. Worth the money. It's too bad the old guy who's basement I'm doing misunderstood me and ordered 8 footers instead of twelves but I did a few twelves on another job with it before they got red tagged for no permits and it worked well.
    "The Patriarch"

What are you printing if I may ask?
    Sure!
    Right now I am just experimenting. I had some play money as I am winding down a 25 year phase of my life and selling off a the accoutrement... And I discovered that the resin printers solve a bunch of issues I had with the idea of filament printing, and at an entry level cost of about $200 for the machine. Of course all the trimmings about double that but it's still crazy inexpensive to get started.

I made a list of things I want to print... Like headphone housings, motor mounting brackets, atlas lathe change gears, and potentially shoe soles. What I have found in a couple weeks ownership is that these things are pretty well figured out for printing miniatures and dental appliances... But anything useful like a gear is pretty uncharted territory. There's a steep learning curve for doing anything but pirating Games Workshop minis.

I still think it's simpler than filament and it's objectively more accurate.... And I kinda knew going into this I was going to still be basically an early adopter. But it was too inexpensive and low footprint to ignore.

Tl;dr, not printing anything permanent yet, just getting my feet wet.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

I saw the price when I looked it up, that makes it pretty tempting even for someone like me that knows nothing about it.
    "The Patriarch"

Supporting Member
    Alabama

I have some vintage toolbox of unknown origin with a set of screwdrivers and a pair of nose pliers, I keep the box in the garage and rarely use it. I prefer stuff modern tools mostly and everything I use is either electric or gas powered like a string strimmer as was mentioned on toolsngoods or a power drill.
    Last edited by Dundelionn; 04-09-2020 at 12:06 AM.

I picked up an old set of Snap on Flare nut wrenches that have an open end on the other end . Pretty handy .

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I picked up an old set of Snap on Flare nut wrenches that have an open end on the other end . Pretty handy .
    I'm jealous!

came across an old spud wrench.

I've never seen one with an 90 degree offset like this.

related keywords: offset spud, scaffold erection, erector, iron workers, bridge builder, podger wrench

BILLINGS 907A

I believe the "A" stands for the 90 degree bend

Any ideas on exactly what it is you call this thing when its bent like this? Any specific purpose?

looking to dump on ebay; given its rarity.... I'm thinking $100 free shipping.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post

related keywords: offset spud, scaffold erection, erector, iron workers, bridge builder, podger wrench

BILLINGS 907A

Any ideas on exactly what it is you call this thing when its bent like this? Any specific purpose?

I have a lot of really nice old Billings open end wrenches I have picked up in auctions . On yours my guess is it came with a specific pf of equipment. I am not even sure the 907 means a 1 1/8 wr , I have seen Williams 907 spud wrenches in 1 1/16 and Wright Tool wrenches in 900 series , including 907 in entire sets marked the same so I suspect iit may just be a model number for the type of wrench or a nomenclature for the steel used .
    Last edited by oyarde; 04-25-2020 at 10:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post

BILLINGS 907A

Nice piece of curly maple!

Broke down and got myself a fancy Blue Point spark plug gap tool today . I have some plugs I need to change on some outdoor equipment and have just been using a flat stock feeler gauge for about the past 35 years because I don't remember where I left my other one .
    Last edited by oyarde; 05-05-2020 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    Knipex water pump pliers.

Nice . I have three pair , a 12" and two 9" I think. Best part was I got my employer to pay for them.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Nice . I have three pair , a 12" and two 9" I think. Best part was I got my employer to pay for them.
    They are awesome, aren't they?

They have gotten me out of countless jams.

I don't do a lot of electrical work, but I think I'm going to buy some Knipex electrical pliers and some dikes. I think that it was the Knipex pitch guys that would slice pennies with their diagonal cutters at the trade shows.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    They are awesome, aren't they?

They have gotten me out of countless jams.

I don't do a lot of electrical work, but I think I'm going to buy some Knipex electrical pliers and some dikes. I think that it was the Knipex pitch guys that would slice pennies with their diagonal cutters at the trade shows.
    I don't need them really either but I thought about a pr of the cheapest model of sidecut diagonals they have because they are not as expensive as the others and I bet they are great and the Mrs keeps taking my favorite two pr of channelock side cuts

i picked up a motorcycle racing helmet cheap ( xl) , figured Danke could wear it with his surgical mask , goggles , rubber gloves and welding apron if he goes downtown minneapolis to protest .

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011