Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tools (The work kind)

Tools (The work kind)

Each of us has our favorites, some of us have many favorites.

What works for you?

I'll start, the quickest return on my investment was a Williams-n-Hussey moulder.

Probably my favorites to use are my antique chisels and planes.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

and /or this

and the software to make dreams come true
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

My 7yr old HP Pavilion laptop. Longest lasting laptop I've had, ever I think.

Wiss snips are the tits. For the small stuff.

If I had to pick one, the one I always enjoy using, it would be the DHC torch.

Just a few weeks ago I made pretty short work of cutting a bunch of 3/4" plate.

I also weld with it pretty regularly. Makes damned pretty welds on sheet and small bar.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Stanley 51/52:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stanley 51.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	19.6 KB 
ID:	2047

I use it all the time. But it is a collector's item and the frog of the plane is a bit wimpy and made of unobtanium. So I have decided to retire it beforfe I break it, sell it to a collector, and replace it with this:

Name:	shooting plane.jpg 
Size:	138.4 KB 
ID:	2048

It should arrive any day. :-)
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

Quote Originally Posted by Acala View Post
    Stanley 51/52:

I use it all the time. But it is a collector's item and the frog of the plane is a bit wimpy and made of unobtanium. So I have decided to retire it beforfe I break it, sell it to a collector, and replace it with this:

It should arrive any day. :-)
    Wonder how many know about Shooting planes in today's world...

PM me with your asking price for the 51/2 please.

Quote Originally Posted by helmuth_hubener View Post
    Why straights?

I own lefts-n-rights but haven't bought a pair of straights for decades..

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Why straights?

I have three pr of straights , a set of LH / RH , of course, being old and feeble minded , I could never locate more than one pr of the LH/RH @ a given time.I may know where I left them , but could in no way account for where someone else did

Why straights?

Because I usually am not using them for cutting round holes in sheet metal. In fact, I'd say more often than not I'm not using them for their intended purpose -- cutting thin sheet metal -- at all. They are very versatile. They will cut through quite thick metal. They will cut nails and screws and electrical wires. They will eat through timber (especially 1-bys) in a bind. Plastic, miscellany.. they will cut basically anything.

My current pair has a couple holes in the blade from slicing through whoops, live! wire, so I would like to buy a new pair (or at least top part). You probably know better than me: is there any advantage, you think, to buying the left and rights other than cutting round holes in sheet metal? Otherwise, I'll stick with the straights.

Salon: This Thread is Sexist
    Rand Paul 2016

PM me with your asking price for the 51/2 please.
    Will do. First I need to make sure the new one works as advertised.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

Quote Originally Posted by ronpaulfollower999 View Post
    That is because even if they grow beards , they still do not know how to use a nutdriver.....

Some of mankinds greatest inventions ; Channellocks , Vice Grips.....

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    That is because even if they grow beards , they still do not know how to use a nutdriver.....
    So a pirate walks into a bar, and the bartender sees he has a ship's wheel hanging from his junk.
    The bartender asks "Hey, what's with the ship's wheel on your Johnson?"
    And the pirate replies "Arrrrr, it's drivin' me nuts!"
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

I'll stick with the straights.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Klein Dykes

Because I usually am not using them for cutting round holes in sheet metal. In fact, I'd say more often than not I'm not using them for their intended purpose -- cutting thin sheet metal -- at all. They are very versatile. They will cut through quite thick metal. They will cut nails and screws and electrical wires. They will eat through timber (especially 1-bys) in a bind. Plastic, miscellany.. they will cut basically anything.

My current pair has a couple holes in the blade from slicing through whoops, live! wire, so I would like to buy a new pair (or at least top part). You probably know better than me: is there any advantage, you think, to buying the left and rights other than cutting round holes in sheet metal? Otherwise, I'll stick with the straights.
    It's been my experience that the left handed (red) snips are easier for a right handed person to use...

They're cheap, even good ones are not expensive...

Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    Klein Dykes
    My absolute favorite dykes! I use them primarily for wiggling gun nails that blow out...(They'll break off under the surface if you wiggle 'em back-n-forth)

Can't say I have any favorite tools..
    It depends on what I am doing. Though there have been some innovations that I do like..

Instant on Welding shields.
    Gravity feed paint guns.
    Spot weld dent pullers

And this,, has been handy more than once.

Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

I probably get the most out of these:

But I have a lot of handy wrenches, screwdrivers, pliers, specialty tools, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

For driving screws, nothing beats this:

Name:	yankee brace.jpg 
Size:	74.6 KB 
ID:	2049

with one of these:

Name:	bit.jpg 
Size:	45.9 KB 
ID:	2050

Cordless. No battery. And enough torque to tear the head off most screws.

Quote Originally Posted by Acala View Post
    For driving screws, nothing beats this:

Name:	yankee brace.jpg 
Size:	74.6 KB 
ID:	2049

with one of these:

Name:	bit.jpg 
Size:	45.9 KB 
ID:	2050

Cordless. No battery. And enough torque to tear the head off most screws.
    Very intersting. I've never used mine for screws. Source on that adapter?

My favorites:

but I could go on and on... Love my Stihl MS260pro. My throw line, climbing line, felling line. 20t carabiners. Delta joiner, Dewalt planer. I'd be lost w/o my 8t come along and my 20t jack. Really like my S&K ratchets. Scag walk behind is boss.

I love tools.

Antique tools too. Two man crosscut, one man. Grape press. A good collection of block planes and draw knives. My black diamond handsaw. Warranted Superiors...

My bench vise and pipe vise, vise grips too. My 120# anvil.

Eat my beard as they may I love my milwaukee 1/2 magnum and 1/2 right angle.
    Last edited by presence; 10-24-2013 at 07:12 AM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

My absolute favorite dykes! I use them primarily for wiggling gun nails that blow out...(They'll break off under the surface if you wiggle 'em back-n-forth)
    Truth is, I hardly use them any more. A few years back I used them a lot for cutting RG59 cable.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Flex Head ratcheting wrenches are incredibly handy,especially when working on hot engines.They let you get into tight places and will work with as little as 5 degrees of throw.When you need them,you need them.

These are made by GearWrench:
    http://www.amazon.com/GearWrench-852...f=pd_sim_hi_63
    Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

A police state is a small price to pay for living in the freest country on earth.

These are my favorite tools. Of course I have many more.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Nah, I'm female and most of the power tools around here are mine. Hubby owns most of the air tools. My favorite tools are my jigsaw and palm sander and my air stapler/brad nailer.

Back when I done mechanic work this was one of my favorites.
    “First of all, if you’ve got health insurance, you like your doctors, you like your plan, you can keep your doctor, you can keep your plan. Nobody is talking about taking that away from you.” Lying Sack of Crap

Everyday. Every day. At. Least. Once.

Quote Originally Posted by shane77m View Post
    Back when I done mechanic work this was one of my favorites.
    Rather looks like a heat gun for tightening shrink wrap tubing. Yes?
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast