Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lawyer representing family of Miriam Carey arrested

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Trump Calls It 'Sad' That N.Y. Bombing Suspect Gets Medical Care, Lawyer

Trump is upset why NY suspect is getting a lawyer.
    The suspect in this case, who was arrested alive and is being given a lawyer, appears to be very light skin compared to Miriam Carey who was taken shot/dead.
    Lots of people have been shot dead. I think Miriam Carey was an atrocity but we need to move forward and stop this kind of thing, not get stuck in it.
    There is no spoon.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Lots of people have been shot dead. I think Miriam Carey was an atrocity but we need to move forward and stop this kind of thing, not get stuck in it.
    Lot of injustices have been done and many innocent killed by cops. So we need not keep bringing up "Justice for Miriam Carey" because we have to march forward towards progress and justice for all.

Did I paraphrase your sentiment above accurately?

Although I would question the premise of even that statement as it is not everyday that cops who kill an unarmed suspicious looking mother near white house get standing ovation from Congress and the lawyer of family gets arrested soon after he talks legal action.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Lot of injustices have been done and many innocent killed by cops. So we need not keep bringing up "Justice for Miriam Carey" because we have to march forward towards progress and justice for all.

Did I paraphrase your sentiment above accurately?

Although I would question the premise of even that statement as not everyday that cops who killed unarmed mother of color get standing ovation from Congress and the lawyer of family gets arrested soon after he talks legal action.
    No.

I meant it is time to move forward and stand together in the cause of freedom for all.
    There is no spoon.

In related news:

Minneapolis Police Chief Janeé Harteau resigns; protesters shout down Mayor Betsy Hodges

Hodges 'lost confidence’ in Harteau and pushed for her ouster.

July 22, 2017 — 12:23pm
    Video (01:18) : Minneapolis Mayor Betsy Hodges shouted down by protesters during Harteau presser

Minneapolis Police Chief Janeé Harteau resigned abruptly Friday amid growing criticism from the public and the City Council following the fatal police shooting of Justine Damond.
    The chief’s departure came at the request of Mayor Betsy Hodges, who promptly nominated Assistant Chief Medaria Arradondo, a 28-year veteran of the force, to replace Harteau. The move ended Harteau’s 4˝-year run as the first woman and first openly gay person to head the department.
    The death of Damond, a native Australian who had moved to Minneapolis to be with her fiancé, thrust Minneapolis into the international spotlight. It also has generated public skepticism about the department and its training, including from city officials who have questioned why the officers involved didn’t turn on their body cameras.

http://www.startribune.com/minneapol...gns/435864713/

Prominent civil rights icon Obama calls for change after horrific death of George Floyd at the hands of police:

Jun 1, 2020

Obama: ‘We Have To’ Protest⁠—And Vote⁠—To Affect Real Change In America

Lisette Voytko
    Forbes Staff

After six days of sometimes violent protests over George Floyd’s death, with little response from President Donald Trump other than to cheer on law enforcement, former President Barack Obama published a Medium piece Monday with some thoughts on how real change can be affected during this pivotal time in U.S. history.

forbes.com/sites/lisettevoytko/2020/06/01/obama-we-have-to-protest-and-vote-to-affect-real-change-in-america/#6448453c2c5d

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12