Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guy shoots child molester suspect/murder charge

Guy shoots child molester suspect/murder charge

Man Arrested for Killing Fleeing Rapist

http://eaglerising.com/2351/man-arre...leeing-rapist/

Norris Acosta-Sanchez was a fugitive from justice on the run because he was facing multiple charges of rape. He’d been on the run since earlier this summer because he’d been fleeing active arrest warrants for rape of underage victim(s). A manhunt began for him late last week, after a local man reported to police that he was living in the area. The same local man is now under arrest for killing Acosta-Sanchez after the fugitive showed up on his property, earlier this week.
    According to a local news affiliate, Acosta-Sanchez had moved into the area in recent months after fleeing the rape investigation in Rockland County, New York. Acosta-Sanchez was living in the area near David Carlson’s home, doing odd jobs to make money. At some point, Carlson became suspicious of the man and confronted him about what he was doing in the area. Apparently, Acosta-Sanchez admitted to Carlson that he was a fugitive on the run from law enforcement. Sources say that Carlson then took this information to the authorities and tipped them off about where Acosta-Sanchez was hiding out.

At that point, local authorities launched a manhunt for Acosta-Sanchez, but he was somehow able to evade authorities and avoid capture. The neighborhood was on edge as this child rapist, who had been hiding in the woods surrounding their homes, was still on the loose. After a few days, Acosta-Sanchez reappeared in the area, having circled back to the place he had been staying.

It was after all this Carlson found Acosta-Sanchez on his property.

DavidCarlsonCarlson, armed with a 12 gauge shotgun, told Acosta-Sanchez that they would be going over to a neighbor’s house to call the police. According to police, something happened over the next few moments as they began moving towards the neighbor’s house and Carlson shot four times, killing the suspected rapist.

Carlson is now being charged with second-degree murder.

Some of his neighbors are not at all happy with Carlson’s arrest.

One witness saw the shooting but was tight lipped because he will testify before a grand jury. “I didn’t see a murder happen. That’s as far as I’m going to go,” he said. “I can tell you the community was in fear. I can tell you Dave wasn’t the only one who armed himself.”

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Wow, last shot in the face the state has a hard row to hoe on this one.
    Last edited by mrsat_98; 10-19-2013 at 06:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mrsat_98 View Post
    Wow, last shot in the face the state has a hard row to hoe on this one.
    Yes, I'd have to agree though there are circumstances where multiple shots were needed. (Was there 4 shots and 4 hits or 4 shots fired and <4 hits to the suspect? Article isn't clear). We'll have to get more details. There's a big difference between self defense and murder, regardless if the one being killed is a suspected rapist or not

Lol. You edited your post while I was typing.

Where did you find the face shot info?

As usual, I would assume that the information available is far from the whole picture. But with that said, I fail to see the problem with arresting and charging the shooter. He killed someone, and it is now up to him to prove that it was justifiable. Unless you have a clear-cut case of self-defense, and the little information we have does not meet the standard for that, the shooter should be arrested, charged and tried.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilrain View Post
    As usual, I would assume that the information available is far from the whole picture. But with that said, I fail to see the problem with arresting and charging the shooter. He killed someone, and it is now up to him to prove that it was justifiable. Unless you have a clear-cut case of self-defense, and the little information we have does not meet the standard for that, the shooter should be arrested, charged and tried.
    It does not necessarily have to be self defense to be justifiable homicide.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justifiable_homicide
    The concept of justifiable homicide in criminal law stands on the dividing line between an excuse, justification and an exculpation. It differs from other forms of homicide in that, due to certain circumstances, the homicide is justified as preventing greater harm to innocents. A homicide can only be justified if there is sufficient evidence to suggest that it was reasonable to believe that the offending party posed an imminent threat to the life or wellbeing of another.
    Last edited by pcosmar; 10-19-2013 at 09:03 AM.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    It does not necessarily have to be self defense to be justifiable homicide.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justifiable_homicide
    True, but the matter should still most likely be handled by putting the shooter on trial. You don't just get to kill someone, say "he was a bad man" and avoid having your actions reviewed through a legal process.

At least that's my opinion, presidents and their merry gang of drone operators probably disagree with me.

True, but the matter should still most likely be handled by putting the shooter on trial. You don't just get to kill someone, say "he was a bad man" and avoid having your actions reviewed through a legal process.

At least that's my opinion, presidents and their merry gang of drone operators probably disagree with me.
    It depends on many things,,, mostly and importantly,, the local community.
    And a Judge with some integrity.

I have seen it happen,,and know that it is possible.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Four shots with a 12 gauge does bring out a lot of questions. Were the first three warning shots and the guy kept coming or was it an execution?
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

Quote Originally Posted by klamath View Post
    Four shots with a 12 gauge does bring out a lot of questions. Were the first three warning shots and the guy kept coming or was it an execution?
    4 shots with a 12ga can happen very quickly..

and I have no idea what transpired exactly.. but perhaps it was to insure that the bastard would never rape again.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

It depends on many things,,, mostly and importantly,, the local community.
    And a Judge with some integrity.

I have seen it happen,,and know that it is possible.
    Yup, which is why choosing your place of residence carefully is very important. I prefer to live in a place that is culturally homogeneous, where other people share most of my basic understanding of how people are supposed to interact. I wouldn't want to live in a place where people shoot each other and get off without having their actions reviewed by law - very, very closely.

4 shots with a 12ga can happen very quickly..

and I have no idea what transpired exactly.. but perhaps it was to insure that the bastard would never rape again.
    I am glad you have now graduated to judge and jury.......
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

I wouldn't want to live in a place where people shoot each other and get off without having their actions reviewed by law - very, very closely.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_McElroy
    The next day, McElroy was shot to death in broad daylight as he sat with his wife Trena in his pickup truck on Skidmore's main street.[2] He was struck by bullets from at least two different firearms, in front of a crowd of people estimated as between 30 and 46. To date, no one has been charged in connection with McElroy's death
    Justifiable Homicide..
    Nobody saw nothin'

(do a search on Ken Rex McElroy,,there is an interesting story)
    Last edited by pcosmar; 10-19-2013 at 09:38 AM.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by klamath View Post
    I am glad you have now graduated to judge and jury.......
    Nope,, just my opinion..

I would hope that either Judge or Jury shares it.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_McElroy

Justifiable Homicide..
    Nobody saw nothin'
    Yeah, we don't have that here. Not people who terrorize the community, and not people who shoot (the nonexistent) bullies. Which is why I choose to live where I live, where you can keep your doors unlocked, ask your neighbors for help when you need it, and go about your life in peace.

Unfortunately, the country I live in (Sweden) is going downhill when it comes to all these things, which is why my wife and I chose to move to our current home (our last place of residence no longer met our standards), but there are still plenty of good places left.

The high taxes here suck, though.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    We do just the opposite over here,the State has to prove that it wasn't justified.
    Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

A police state is a small price to pay for living in the freest country on earth.

, but there are still plenty of good places left.
    I have no locks on my doors and do not own a firearm. (disabled by law)

It is nice when that is possible,, I would still not tolerate a threat..I do not allow coyotes on my land.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

I have no locks on my doors and do not own a firearm. (disabled by law)

It is nice when that is possible,, I would still not tolerate a threat..I do not allow coyotes on my land.
    And I don't want to live with people who think it's okay that they decide for themselves just who or what is a "threat" to them, and act on that determination. I prefer the live and let live approach to life.

Well, if the police said that he was a bad guy, the shooting must be justified.

There aren't any details on the accusation of "rape of underage victim". Sounds pretty bad.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

And I don't want to live with people who think it's okay that they decide for themselves just who or what is a "threat" to them, and act on that determination. I prefer the live and let live approach to life.
    Who do you think is better to assess threats than the people?

I appreciate predators in nature,, they have their place in the balance. However,,when they become a threat,, they need to be removed..
    I decide when they are a threat, and I confront them when they are.

and I do live and let live,, mostly.
    Last edited by pcosmar; 10-19-2013 at 10:35 AM.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Who do you think is better to assess threats than the people?

I appreciate predators in nature,, they have their place in the balance. However,,when they become a threat,, they need to be removed..
    I decide when they are a threat, and I confront them when they are.

and I do live and let live,, mostly.
    If that's what you want, good for you. Like I've tried to explain, I prefer to live with people who share my basic understanding of how to interact with the world, and where there is a mutual understanding of when and where to use violence. Here, killing ants on your property is by mutual understanding not a problem. Killing people is by mutual understanding a problem. Regardless of how "threatened" an individual feels by ants or people.

If that's what you want, good for you. Like I've tried to explain, I prefer to live with people who share my basic understanding of how to interact with the world, and where there is a mutual understanding of when and where to use violence.
    As do I.
    Rapists are not generally tolerated here.
    Fortunately,,most people are well armed and proficient in the use of arms.. There is very little crime.
    This is not true in all areas,, and sometime a fool will disregard common sense and decency,, and invite a judgment on himself..

It seems,,from reports of this story, that is what happened..

the only issue is that the Father of children that were threatened did not have a badge.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

As do I.
    Rapists are not generally tolerated here.
    Fortunately,,most people are well armed and proficient in the use of arms.. There is very little crime.
    This is not true in all areas,, and sometime a fool will disregard common sense and decency,, and invite a judgment on himself..

It seems,,from reports of this story, that is what happened..

the only issue is that the Father of children that were threatened did not have a badge.
    Here, most people are not well armed and proficient in the use of arms. There is very little crime. Someone broke into the local gas station and stole smokes about a year ago. Apart from that, I do not know of a single crime committed here since we moved here in 2009. Of course, there have been other crimes committed, just none other that I've heard of. There are around 1000 people living in this community.

As for "rapists are not generally tolerated here", it would take more than the government calling someone a witch for me to arm myself and burn the person at the stake.

Edit: And oh, since moving here, I have never once seen a single police officer here. I've seen a few cop cars on the road to the nearest city, and in said city, but never any police actually in or around the place where we live.
    Last edited by Kilrain; 10-19-2013 at 11:15 AM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Here is the issue I have with the situation: An arrest for murder stays with you forever. The case should be referred to a Grand Jury to determine if charges are warranted, and if so, what those charges should be. The power of prosecutors is almost unchecked, and I'd rather a Grand Jury be the decision maker on charges.
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

As for "rapists are not generally tolerated here", it would take more than the government calling someone a witch for me to arm myself and burn the person at the stake.
    Good point.. Though the guy allegedly confessed,, and it seems police had bungled more than once.

I hope that a Judge and Jury will sort it out.. but it seems justifiable to me. (Based on the story I am hearing)

http://www.lohud.com/article/2013101...nclick_check=1
    The lawyer for a Sparrowbush, Orange County, man charged with murder in the death of a fugitive Rockland rape suspect said his client tried twice to help local police capture the suspect, but that cops bungled both attempts.
    Last edited by pcosmar; 10-19-2013 at 11:27 AM.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Good point.. Though the guy allegedly confessed,, and it seems police had bungled more than once.

I hope that a Judge and Jury will sort it out.. but it seems justifiable to me. (Based on the story I am hearing)

http://www.lohud.com/article/2013101...nclick_check=1
    I do not have enough information to make any kind of informed call of whether or not it was justified. And neither do you.

However, based on this...

Acosta-Sanchez had been wanted on an arrest warrant since July. Ramapo police said the family of a girl who is not yet 15 reported that he’d had sexual relations with her in late June.
    ...there is no suggestion of forcible rape. And that leads me to think that the fears were grossly exaggerated. There was no reason for the shooter to think that the deceased would be attacking his children, unless you think it's reasonable to think that anyone who's had sex with a woman is likely to attack women.

However, based on this...

...there is no suggestion of forcible rape. And that leads me to think that the fears were grossly exaggerated. There was no reason for the shooter to think that the deceased would be attacking his children, unless you think it's reasonable to think that anyone who's had sex with a woman is likely to attack women.
    That figures.

"Lock down the town! Shelter in place!"
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Hold on... Where's Dannno? Usually he would have some commentary on this subject...

According to this article,

Acosta-Sanchez had been wanted on an arrest warrant since July. Ramapo police said the family of a girl who is not yet 15 reported that he’d had sexual relations with her in late June. He was later indicted by a Rockland grand jury on counts of second-degree rape and second-degree criminal sexual act, felonies, and endangering the welfare of a child, a misdemeanor.
    Seems to be more detailed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast