Thread: My health insurance premiums have not increased due to Obamacare

My health insurance premiums have not increased due to Obamacare

My health insurance premium has been $291 per month since late 2012.

I got a letter from Florida Blue/Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida stating that effective 7/15/2013 my premium would be $337 per month....but I am still getting bills for $291 per month...right now I have the option of paying online $291 x 2 = $582 for the two month period 11/15/2013 - 01/15/2014

I haven't gotten any letters talking about Obamacare.

Is there an explanation for this or am I just lucky?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Help me pay mine, then, lol.

I'm losing my high deductible, low premium plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

Some of you still watch the news, and it shows.

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Every state is affected differently. I don't know the reasoning/math behind it, but I've seen some maps that show some states will have reduced costs across the board.

My health insurance premiums have not yet increased due to Obamacare

Fixed

Quote Originally Posted by qh4dotcom View Post

I got a letter from Florida Blue/Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida stating that effective 7/15/2013 my premium would be $337 per month....but I am still getting bills for $291 per month...right now I have the option of paying online $291 x 2 = $582 for the two month period 11/15/2013 - 01/15/2014

My guess is that it is a mistake. I would not advise calling them and asking though.

Same thing happened to me.

That is to severely lessen your desire to changing suppliers during the transition - once everything is in place and it is clear you no longer have any better options, watch out.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

You got lucky enough to have a bug in the system. Be quiet about it.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by brandon View Post
    Every state is affected differently. I don't know the reasoning/math behind it, but I've seen some maps that show some states will have reduced costs across the board.
    Here is a chart from Heritage,I posted a link to an article about it earlier.
    No mention of copays,deductibles and only three age/family groups shown.
    Getta load of Virginia.

http://thf_media.s3.amazonaws.com/in...ble-1-1200.jpg
    Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

A police state is a small price to pay for living in the freest country on earth.

The rates go up starting Jan 1st, 2014.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot99 View Post
    You got lucky enough to have a bug in the system. Be quiet about it.
    There is a Bug in the System?
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Quote Originally Posted by qh4dotcom View Post

groups policies will not work the same as individual.
    the group contract i'm in is remaining unchanged, along with the price.
    but that may be because louisiana legislatively rejected obamacare.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

My premiums have gone up every year (I too have Florida Blue) with or without Obamacare. I normally get a notice every February.
    Rand Paul 2016

Quote Originally Posted by mad cow View Post
    Here is a chart from Heritage,I posted a link to an article about it earlier.
    No mention of copays,deductibles and only three age/family groups shown.
    Getta load of Virginia.

http://thf_media.s3.amazonaws.com/in...ble-1-1200.jpg
    That chart is something else !

god damn these $#@!in' washington thugs

Quote Originally Posted by ronpaulfollower999 View Post
    My premiums have gone up every year (I too have Florida Blue) with or without Obamacare. I normally get a notice every February.
    Yeah my premiums go up every year too. Like the OP I have Blue Cross as well. They haven't instantly gone up with Obamacare, but they will eventually. Blue Cross did send a letter several months ago mentioning ACA (Obamacare) saying that the future terms of their service was unknown blah blah blah, and hinted that it would drive our premiums up. Wish I saved the letter but it was interesting that they specifically mentioned ACA.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.