Thread: TN Cop Fired For Not Writing Report About Squirrel He Shot Inside Store

TN Cop Fired For Not Writing Report About Squirrel He Shot Inside Store

Notice he's not fired for the idiocy of firing his weapon inside the store at a friggen rodent, he's fired because he didn't write it up.

http://www.wbir.com/story/news/local...irrel/3003927/

The incident involving the squirrel and now-former police officer happened inside a Dollar General store.
    Police officer fired after run-in with squirrel

(WBIR - Mountain City, TN) A Tennessee police officer lost his job after he shot a squirrel inside a store.

It happened in Mountain City -- northeast of Johnson City.

According to police documents, now-former Officer Jody Putnam was inside a Dollar General Store when employees noticed the squirrel. Putnam apparently shot his firearm at the squirrel inside the store. When that didn't work, he used another weapon; pepper spray.

"There was a lot of people that come out and just like me they came out and they were coughing and a hacking," Carl Duffield told WJHL-TV. "It was comical, but I'm sure they didn't feel that way - the customers that came out."

In Mountain City, when an officer fires their weapon, they have to report it to a supervisor and make a written statement.

Putnam refused to file the report. That is a violation of department policy and for that reason, the town's Board of Mayor and Alderman fired him.

SNIP
    Last edited by SeanTX; 10-17-2013 at 10:43 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    By all means fire the miscreant loser and hire someone competent enough to file a report when he shoots a squirrel.

In a store. Full of people.
    Last edited by Origanalist; 10-17-2013 at 10:47 PM.
    "The Patriarch"

Is this real ?

Looks like yet another case of somebody calling for gov't "help" and getting more than they bargained for :

http://www.thetomahawk.com/Detail.ph...LNEWS&ID=60321

Officer loses job after firing at squirrel in store
    By Lacy Hilliard

On Friday, September 27 a call was made from the Dollar General Store on South Shady Street in Mountain City. The call, made by an undisclosed Dollar General employee, was in reference to a squirrel that had made its way into the store and was causing quite a ruckus. Reportedly, after several attempts to apprehend the squirrely intruder, employees allegedly decided to seek the help of local animal control. When the call was received, Animal Control Officer Gary Phillips was unavailable so Town of Mountain City Police Officer Jody Putnam was dispatched.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanTX View Post
    Looks like yet another case of somebody calling for gov't "help" and getting more than they bargained for :

http://www.thetomahawk.com/Detail.ph...LNEWS&ID=60321
    Officer safety was accomplished.

Last edited by Origanalist; 10-17-2013 at 11:02 PM.
    "The Patriarch"

It was coming right at him!
    Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

A police state is a small price to pay for living in the freest country on earth.

Dip$#@! fail all-around.

Quote Originally Posted by mad cow View Post
    It was coming right at him!

He felt threatened and feared for his safety. I don't understand why he would be fired. I'm sure the officer was also confused.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm sure a knife was found (placed?) within the rodent's reach.

Quote Originally Posted by Mani View Post
    He felt threatened and feared for his safety. I don't understand why he would be fired. I'm sure the officer was also confused.
    He should be provided with paid leave with counseling.
    "The Patriarch"

FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Quote Originally Posted by jkr View Post
    Again?

don't worry guys, they found that the squirrel had a bag of weed hidden in his cheeks. Another victory in the War on Drugs!

A friend told me a story about fifteen years ago. In his neighborhood a sick raccoon (maybe rabid) was wandering around. Someone had called the cops because a cop showed up and started shooting. My friend said he was pretty careless shooting towards house, eventually the cop was at almost point blank range and still couldn't hit the raccoon. He fired about fifteen times, finally he gave up and my friend killed the raccoon with a baseball bat.
    Last edited by Henry Rogue; 10-18-2013 at 03:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Rogue View Post
    A friend told me a story about fifteen years ago. In his neighborhood a sick raccoon (maybe rabid) was wandering around. Someone had called the cops because a cop showed up and started shooting. My friend said he was pretty careless shooting towards house, eventually the cop was at almost point blank range and still couldn't hit the raccoon. He fired about fifteen times, finally he gave up and my friend killed the raccoon with a baseball bat.
    LMAO!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    LMAO!!!
    I can't pinpoint the moment when I started questioning LE's special privileges (authority), but this was moment I started questioning their accuracy.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Rogue View Post
    I once killed a raccoon that way with a pistol, on a ranch that was really overrun with the buggers. It's amazing but they are surprisingly hard to hit even standing still and slow moving like they are. Always been much better with a rifle anyway. Was using a Dan Wesson .357 and shooting the bugger out of a tree, went through an entire wheels worth and had to reload with the speed loader before I could get the darn thing, by that time it was already pissed and had dropped out of the tree and was coming towards me spitting and hissing. Really for most, it is really hard to hit anything with a pistol that you are actually aiming at farther than 6 feet away in any sort of dynamic situation, even if you practice on targets all the time.