Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brit Hume: Tea Party Emerged Because GOP was an Utter Failure At Turning Back Gov

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Brit Hume: Tea Party Emerged Because GOP was an Utter Failure At Turning Back Gov

The GOP has never turned back government growth or spending, despite all the rhetoric that have hijacked from their most earnest members.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journal...Gov-t-Spending

On Monday's Special Report with Bret Baier on Fox News, Hume lamented that "veteran political observers on both the left and right are still trying to figure out what the House Tea Party caucus" and Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) were thinking "when they insisted on using the threat of a government shutdown to defund ObamaCare."

Hume, along with those like Charles Krauthammer and George Will in the veteran punditocracy, has fiercely criticized Cruz during the fight to defund Obamacare. And he acknowledged that though "in conventional terms, it seems inexplicable," Cruz "and his adherents do not view things in conventional terms."

"They look back over the past half-century, including the supposedly golden era of Ronald Reagan, and see the uninterrupted forward march of the American left," Hume said, without acknowledging that Reagan fought the establishment from the time he endorsed Barry Goldwater's candidacy for president in 1964 and challenged the establishment in 1976 and 1980, ultimately triumphing.

That is the fight those like Cruz, Sen. Mike Lee (R-UT), and former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin are continuing today.

"Entitlement spending never stopped growing," Hume said. "The regulatory state continued to expand. The national debt grew and grew and finally in the Obama years, exploded. They see an American population becoming unrecognizable from the free and self-reliant people they thought they knew."

Hume then acknowledged that the "good guys" in Congress Palin said was already leading a third-party movement "see the Republican Party as having utterly failed to stop the drift toward an unfree nation supervised by an overweening and bloated bureaucracy."

"They are not interested in Republican policies that merely slow the growth of this leviathan," Hume said. "They want to stop it and reverse it. And they want to show their supporters they'll try anything to bring that about

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I call BS on this theory. The Tea Party is not here to stop the growth of entitlement spending. In fact every major poll shows they oppose major cuts to Social Security and Medicare by overwhelming margins.

They see an American population becoming unrecognizable from the free and self-reliant people they thought they knew
    Uh-huh. Millions of old (and overwhelmingly white) people on Medicare and Social Security - arguably the biggest welfare constituency in the United States.

Quote Originally Posted by JCDenton0451 View Post
    I call BS on this theory. The Tea Party is not here to stop the growth of entitlement spending. In fact every major poll shows they oppose major cuts to Social Security and Medicare by overwhelming margins.

Uh-huh. Millions of old (and overwhelmingly white) people on Medicare and Social Security - arguably the biggest welfare constituency in the United States.
    The only difference is that these "old people" paid into Social Security, not that I fully agree with the whole Social Security to begin with. But the people that paid into it should get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Prog Snob View Post
    The only difference is that these "old people" paid into Social Security, not that I fully agree with the whole Social Security to begin with. But the people that paid into it should get it.
    It's a welfare/redistributive program. It's supported by the taxes, paid by the "makers".

Why should the old people get anything from the government? Because they feel they deserve it? And black single mothers don't deserve it?...which gets us to the bottom of what Tea Party really is all about.

It's a welfare/redistributive program. It's supported by the taxes, paid by the "makers".

Why should the old people get anything from the government? Because they feel they deserve it? And black single mothers don't deserve it?...which gets us to the bottom of what Tea Party really is all about.
    Oh, I see...they are all racists and hate ******s.

Gotcha.

t? And black single mothers don't deserve it?...which gets us to the bottom of what Tea Party really is all about.
    There he goes again - calling us all racists while mocking everything we believe and our philosophies in general. And our mods let him troll here because ....... ?

I rarely report people, but I am reporting him every time he does it. I hope you'll join me. This guy has made it clear that he isn't here to support anything we do politically.
    Last edited by angelatc; 10-17-2013 at 09:23 AM.

"They are not interested in Republican policies that merely slow the growth of this leviathan," Hume said. "They want to stop it and reverse it. And they want to show their supporters they'll try anything to bring that about
    Pretty easy to understand, really.

The tide is indeed turning, too. We never had a chance to stop TARP. This time around, there was a lot more horsepower on our side.

Next time, we'll be even stronger.

After 30+ years of only Ron Paul, now we see whole caucuses, even bills getting passed in the House to reduce gov't spending. We're on the right track, just gotta keep on keeping on.

At all levels of the GOP all over the country, honest to goodness small gov't types are filling the committees, being elected into local and state offices.

Even talk radio is moving in our direction.

The day will come. Soon.

ETA - and who has been leading GOP presidential polls?

I'm tellin' ya, there are holes in the dam everywhere, more being created each day.
    Last edited by georgiaboy; 10-17-2013 at 09:24 AM.
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

Why should the old people get anything from the government? Because they feel they deserve it?

Maybe you missed the part about "they were forced to pay into it, and were promised that there would be a stipend forthcoming?"

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Maybe you missed the part about "they were forced to pay into it, and were promised that there would be a stipend forthcoming?"
    All the recipients I know would happily take a reduction in their stipend if they knew it was part of a plan to get the fiscal house in order to better their kids and grandkids.

Real people get it.

Show me the stats that blatantly point out that not one black single mother who paid into SS will get a check.

Are you really defending the Social Security here?

My point still stands: Tea Party isn't here to slow or reverse the growth of entitlement spending, they are just worried that the wrong, "undeserving" kind of people will get access to it. Hence their Obamacare obsession.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Are you really defending the Social Security here?

My point still stands: Tea Party isn't here to slow or reverse the growth of entitlement spending, they are just worried that the wrong, "undeserving" kind of people will get access to it. Hence their Obamacare obsession.
    Huh??? Do you know how many predominatly white households in Kentucky and West Virginia are utterly dependent on SNAP and SSDI payments? You have no idea what you're saying.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    The GOP has never turned back government growth or spending, despite all the rhetoric that have hijacked from their most earnest members.
    That is the knife I pulled from my back during the 2008 election cycle.

Ummmmmm.......

Because those old white racist bastards paid into the system and those young black single mothers haven't done $hit.

You get what you give man

Quote Originally Posted by jbauer View Post
    Ummmmmm.......

Because those old white racist bastards paid into the system and those young black single mothers haven't done $hit.

You get what you give man

Yeah, but those young mothers of all colors have 20 kids to feed. Do you hate children?
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

Question now is - will this Tea Party wither away now that the debt ceiling has been increased, Obamacare lives, and the drunken sailors continue to enjoy their shore leave?

Answer -- no.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There he goes again - calling us all racists while mocking everything we believe and our philosophies in general. And our mods let him troll here because ....... ?
    Because they are not Hitler proteges like you. Do you hide behind your sofa every time someone recites the alphabet?

Quote Originally Posted by better-dead-than-fed View Post
    It was only a "hidden" tax all along, and they're the ones who allowed it to happen; so cut them off, and let the example serve to deter future generations from being such pushovers.

it's military spending on every level.

it's that effing simple. if this goddamn teaparty has any high ground to stand on, this is it.

it ain't about entitlements.
    Seattle Sounders 2016 MLS Cup Champions 2019 MLS Cup Champions 2022 CONCACAF Champions League - and the [un]official football club of RPF

just a libertarian - no caucus

That's just how liberals work the politics though. And unless the GOP can come up with an equally dishonest line of emotional rhetoric, the Dems will win.

I'd like to say that everybody I know on SS would happily give it up but that is not true. There are some that would, but there are more that would take a lump sum settlement, and that would be an excellent way to at least lighten the load.

I would not mind the SS program if it were, say....optional? Having a place to save for retirement is a great idea, and having such a plan that will not let you take your money out for any reason....I think that's a good idea too. But again, as long as it is optional.

That's just how liberals work the politics though. And unless the GOP can come up with an equally dishonest line of emotional rhetoric, the Dems will win.

I'd like to say that everybody I know on SS would happily give it up but that is not true. There are some that would, but there are more that would take a lump sum settlement, and that would be an excellent way to at least lighten the load.

I would not mind the SS program if it were, say....optional? Having a place to save for retirement is a great idea, and having such a plan that will not let you take your money out for any reason....I think that's a good idea too. But again, as long as it is optional.

I'll agree with that. The idea of being forced to pay into something seems barbaric at this stage of the game.

Brent Hume is just the Fascist right wing of the same establishment vulture inciting the masses with having them preoccupying in conflict with one another...

Quote Originally Posted by aGameOfThrones View Post
    Yeah, but those young mothers of all colors have 20 kids to feed. Do you hate children?
    And the example of one of many that are helped, yet want even more. Americans natural sincerity to helping the needy is systematically be killed by government and the abusers. It's government that has allowed and enabled America to manifest into a ignorant, immoral, pathetic society. Exactly what government wants so they have the power to control it all.

The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by aGameOfThrones View Post
    I feed mine....and generally yes. I waited till I had sufficient funds to feed and shelter them. Then when I was done they did the whole snip snip thing so no more kids for me.

Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    Brent Hume is just the Fascist right wing of the same establishment vulture inciting the masses with having them preoccupying in conflict with one another...

And the example of one of many that are helped, yet want even more. Americans natural sincerity to helping the needy is systematically be killed by government and the abusers. It's government that has allowed and enabled America to manifest into a ignorant, immoral, pathetic society. Exactly what government wants so they have the power to control it all.

Damn, she is FUGLY

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by georgiaboy View Post
    Pretty easy to understand, really.

The tide is indeed turning, too. We never had a chance to stop TARP. This time around, there was a lot more horsepower on our side.

Next time, we'll be even stronger.

After 30+ years of only Ron Paul, now we see whole caucuses, even bills getting passed in the House to reduce gov't spending. We're on the right track, just gotta keep on keeping on.

At all levels of the GOP all over the country, honest to goodness small gov't types are filling the committees, being elected into local and state offices.

Even talk radio is moving in our direction.

The day will come. Soon.

ETA - and who has been leading GOP presidential polls?

I'm tellin' ya, there are holes in the dam everywhere, more being created each day.
    This could have been written in 1980, 1994, and 2000.

Nothing changed, the state grew on and on.

Anyway, I doubt Obama will be responsible for increasing the debt by the same percentage Reagan did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Oh, I see...they are all racists and hate ******s.

Gotcha.
    And they like to shoot assault rifles.
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

LibForestPaul

So when the mob forces someone to pay and promises kickbacks, that poor bitch is entitled to the next poor shlepps monies.

Quote Originally Posted by Feeding the Abscess View Post

Anyway, I doubt Obama will be responsible for increasing the debt by the same percentage Reagan did.
    It's a fair point. Nonetheless, I do think things are different this time. At least they are for me.

Quote Originally Posted by georgiaboy View Post
    Question now is - will this Tea Party wither away now that the debt ceiling has been increased, Obamacare lives, and the drunken sailors continue to enjoy their shore leave?

Answer -- no.

POTUS Trump dropped more & bigly bigger bombs last year,
    He did reduced some of the upper brackets in our tax code,
    increasing our debt. As he talked about reducing spending.

Quote Originally Posted by Feeding the Abscess View Post

Anyway, I doubt Obama will be responsible for increasing
    the debt by the same percentage Reagan did.
    2018 also fits this to a T

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast