Thread: Please allow myself to introduce myself

Red face Please allow myself to introduce myself

Just wanted to say hello and I am looking forward to taking part of discussions on this site. It will be nice to talk to like minded people and help ease the weight I feel I have on my chest sometimes. When I see the news it just utterly amazes me at the stupidity in this country and in our government, I am not the sharpest guy in the world but common sense is rare I guess. Sometimes I feel I am in a foreign land or a dream or a test of some sorts when dealing with some liberals or uniformed people.

I also feel the guilt of not being interested in politics when I was younger, I was the same type of person as the type of person that causes me much frustration today. I just didnt care and didnt pay attention to what was going on. I even had the older guys trying to tell me, but I just wouldnt listen. Boy I feel dumb now, but I am on an agenda to make up for it. I have been following politics hard now for over a year. My strong interest came forth when the government started talking about taking our guns away. I knew then it was time I learn what is going on in this country. Some people will laugh and say I do not know much for only a years worth of study and I have more to learn, well we always have more to learn no matter what topic we are in, but I have been very fortunate in my life to excel rapidly in whatever I apply myself to. And when I say I have studied politics I mean I studied, countless upon countless hours, days upon countless days. It has caused me much grief, because the more I learn the more frustrated and upset I become. When it comes to economics I have many years experience in that topic and I believe that gives me an edge when understanding politics.

I must admit that I never paid much attention to Ron Paul, as his day was before my strong interest in politics, but pretty much agree with most things he says. I think he seems to be a highly intelligent person that would have been well suited to be our president. The main reason I am here is that I am a total Rand Paul supporter. Every time Rand speaks it almost sounds identical to the words coming out of my mouth. I definitely share the same sense of logical thinking that Rand does. Even though I dont have any children I do care about future generations as I believe that is our priority as mankind and citizens of the United States. I want our future generations to have the same great way of life that our country has been known to provide, maybe not so much these days, but you know what I mean.

I know if our country continues the path it is on, this country will be in ruins not far down the road, as will be the quality of life for future generations of the U.S. When I see Rand Paul I see hope, I see hope for us now and hope for future generations. I feel that everybody serves a purpose or has a special reason to be on this earth, and I feel it is my calling to do whatever I can to see that Rand reaches presidency. Maybe he will get there and maybe he wont, but I do know this, if he doesnt and we continue as we are and the country collapses I do not want to be looking back upset that I didnt do anything to help our country. You will probably see me most on the Rand Paul forum as I have a lot to say, many ideas of how we can all help do our part, and I am looking forward to hearing what others have to say about their thoughts on how we can all help our country.

Look forward to chatting with you all

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Welcome, @libertywanter
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

Welcome! Stick out through the first several weeks, get to know people and I'm sure you'll click with some or lots of us.

Welcome aboard!

I was late to the party myself, welcome to the jungle.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    I was late to the party myself, welcome to the jungle.
    Late or not, we're all glad you're here!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by eduardo89 View Post
    Late or not, we're all glad you're here!
    Indeed. Teh more the merrier.
    "The Patriarch"

Your title reminded me of the Stone's song, Sympathy For The Devil. Welcome, may your stay be fruitful.
    Last edited by Cap; 10-15-2013 at 08:48 PM.
    On Trump:
    How conservative Republicans can continue to support this arrogant imposter—the man who brags about inflicting the world with the Covid mark of the beast; the man who said, “Take the guns first, go through due process second”; and the man who deliberately played and then set up Stewart Rhodes (of course, Stewart was all too eager to be Trump’s patsy) for an 18-year prison sentence—is truly beyond my comprehension.” Chuck Baldwin

double post
    On Trump:
    How conservative Republicans can continue to support this arrogant imposter—the man who brags about inflicting the world with the Covid mark of the beast; the man who said, “Take the guns first, go through due process second”; and the man who deliberately played and then set up Stewart Rhodes (of course, Stewart was all too eager to be Trump’s patsy) for an 18-year prison sentence—is truly beyond my comprehension.” Chuck Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Cap View Post

Your title reminded me of the Stone's song, Sympathy For The Devil. Welcome, may your stay be fruitful.
    Actually I got my heading from an Austin Powers movie, cant remember which one, but I thought it was funny when Austin Powers said it, well its been years since I watched the movie, so I guess the quote made an impression on me LOL

welcome.
    my has the time flown by...
    back in may 2007- there were few of us and never in my wildest dreams did i think all of this growth in awakenings would happen.
    I'm happy to see people still joining up all these years later.
    your arrival is a benediction.

thank you for being here. please share your thoughts often.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Your subject reminds me of this:

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Nice to see another Rand fan. Welcome to RPF!

Thank you all for the warm welcomes, I really do appreciate it. And thank you Matt Collins for the clip, I have got to watch that movie again soon, I have found Austin Power movies to be some of the best medicine of life

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Welcome, Maybe you should have went with Richie Cunningham, that's the alias Austin Powers used in that video. What school of economics did you study?
    Last edited by Henry Rogue; 10-17-2013 at 09:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Rogue View Post
    Welcome, Maybe you should have went with Richie Cunningham, that's the alias Austin Powers used in that video. What school of economics did you study?
    Thank you for the welcome, I did not study economics at any school, I studied economics from real business world experience. I have what I consider some of the greatest financial minds in my state as mentors. I have studied under them. What I have learned, I would never learn from any school. I am not saying teachers do not know what they are talking about, but many have never left the educations system, they went to school as a student, then they went to school as a teacher never knowing the true reality of things.

Quote Originally Posted by libertywanter View Post
    Thank you for the welcome, I did not study economics at any school, I studied economics from real business world experience. I have what I consider some of the greatest financial minds in my state as mentors. I have studied under them. What I have learned, I would never learn from any school. I am not saying teachers do not know what they are talking about, but many have never left the educations system, they went to school as a student, then they went to school as a teacher never knowing the true reality of things.
    Those that can do, those that can't teach........
    "The Patriarch"

That's the best kind of education for surviving in the real world. what do you think about the federal reserve and the housing crash?
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Those that can do, those that can't teach........
    I should teach Golf, because I suck at it.

Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Rogue View Post
    That's the best kind of education for surviving in the real world. what do you think about the federal reserve and the housing crash?
    Well thats how I feel, I dont care what topic or field it is in, you can read and study all you want, which granted you will learn, whether you learn correctly or not though of course not only depends on a person perception but also depends very much on the information source. I personally distrust the education systems in this country as they are groomed just as much as the media is by the government about their teachings or truths. Back to what I was saying, you can study a topic all you want but where you learn is actual experience, and nothing can beat actual experience. And not that I am saying you are one, but I get seriously offended by people that think no one could possibly be intelligent without college, its like saying someone could not believe in God if they didnt go to church. I dont like to conform to societies rules.

As far as the fed and the housing crash, I think the Fed is a good group of magicians, and think it would be better for this country to perform there acts in magic shows and not our government, they do very well at creating illusions, like the current stock market greatness. In my current opinion which probably differs from many here, I do not want to see the fed eliminated completely, but I think a serious and I mean serious overhaul is needed, as to how to overhaul it, not sure, but just like the other departments of government it has grown out of control and out of reality.

The housing crash will repeat. Obama just ordered banks not long ago to loosen up again. My god, its not like they didnt see it coming only a few short years ago, but now they want to repeat it again. If you ask me it seems they are intentionally trying to destroy this country. You also have to point fingers at our society in general. Way to many people are living beyond their means, people need to realize that you dont have to live in a fancy house like your friends do in order to be happy.

What are your thoughts on these issues?

I do want to add Henry I have nothing against anyone that has went to college. I am sure there are some good teachers out there, but like I said I just dont trust the education system, which would be a conversation in itself. After rereading my last post after posting it, it appeared to me that I may be coming off as a know it all jerk, I want to assure you if it sounded that way, that is not me and I apologize, I am far from an expert in economics, there are always new things to learn, and I hope you didnt take what I was saying in the wrong way

“The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The above is a great video that is on the verge to go viral. Very informative and not dry information at all.

With regards to whether we should end the Fed or audit the Fed or what direction needs be taken, an understanding of the Fed must be in order. An understanding of how money or credit is created is necessary. An understanding of the moral hazard created by the government's involvement in the various areas it is and an understanding that the people themselves are not better suited through an inflationary, debt based, monetary system.

Ron Paul's, End the Fed , is also an excellent book (or Murray Rothbard's, What Has Government Done to Our Money.) to understand the inherent immorality of a fiat monetary system. I highly recommend them.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Well thats how I feel, I dont care what topic or field it is in, you can read and study all you want, which granted you will learn, whether you learn correctly or not though of course not only depends on a person perception but also depends very much on the information source. I personally distrust the education systems in this country as they are groomed just as much as the media is by the government about their teachings or truths. Back to what I was saying, you can study a topic all you want but where you learn is actual experience, and nothing can beat actual experience. And not that I am saying you are one, but I get seriously offended by people that think no one could possibly be intelligent without college, its like saying someone could not believe in God if they didnt go to church. I dont like to conform to societies rules.

As far as the fed and the housing crash, I think the Fed is a good group of magicians, and think it would be better for this country to perform there acts in magic shows and not our government, they do very well at creating illusions, like the current stock market greatness. In my current opinion which probably differs from many here, I do not want to see the fed eliminated completely, but I think a serious and I mean serious overhaul is needed, as to how to overhaul it, not sure, but just like the other departments of government it has grown out of control and out of reality.

The housing crash will repeat. Obama just ordered banks not long ago to loosen up again. My god, its not like they didnt see it coming only a few short years ago, but now they want to repeat it again. If you ask me it seems they are intentionally trying to destroy this country. You also have to point fingers at our society in general. Way to many people are living beyond their means, people need to realize that you dont have to live in a fancy house like your friends do in order to be happy.

What are your thoughts on these issues?
    I do want to add Henry I have nothing against anyone that has went to college. I am sure there are some good teachers out there, but like I said I just dont trust the education system, which would be a conversation in itself. After rereading my last post after posting it, it appeared to me that I may be coming off as a know it all jerk, I want to assure you if it sounded that way, that is not me and I apologize, I am far from an expert in economics, there are always new things to learn, and I hope you didnt take what I was saying in the wrong way
    Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. I must have gotten sidetracked in some other threads and forgot to check back. No need to apologize, I didn't take offense in any way. I am not an economist, I never went to college myself and I am a Tradesman. I'm inquisitive and I had a strong desire to understand what happened to the economy. In hindsight, I could see the housing bubble building. My wife and I remarked to each other about all these expensive houses going up all over, My wife asked me "How can all these people afford to buy all these expensive houses?" I really didn't have a good answer to that, but I feel I do now. Easy/cheap credit fueled the housing bubble and that is a result of a debt based fiat currency and I think the federal reserve system has a heck of a lot to do with it.
    Last edited by Henry Rogue; 12-08-2013 at 10:05 PM.

Peace.