Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Biggest Scam In The History Of Mankind

The Biggest Scam In The History Of Mankind

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Excellent video! +rep
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

We're gonna need to watch that again.

Rand Paul 2016

Title made me think it would be about Constitutionalism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Title made me think it would be about Constitutionalism.
    Oh, you. That's not even close to the biggest scam. I'm conflicted, myself. Is the greatest scam this? or Democracy? After some thought: this.

good vid
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Quote Originally Posted by puppetmaster View Post
    good vid
    I'm going to stamp it as great.

Quote Originally Posted by green73 View Post
    I'm conflicted, myself. Is the greatest scam this? or Democracy? After some thought: this.
    Agreed. Democrazy is fickle, unstable and prone to bouts of hysteria.
    This, though ... they've got this $#@! down to a science ...
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Dammit! I can't watch videos, what is "this?" Personal debt? Gov't debt? Fiat currency and it's relation to debt?

Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    Dammit! I can't watch videos, what is "this?" Personal debt? Gov't debt? Fiat currency and it's relation to debt?
    The [immoral] process of how currency comes into being.

It has graphics and presents it in a way that is easy to understand for even those without the slightest clue what the Fed does, and the Treasury does. You probably know all of what was said. You just miss out on a good presentation on different monetary policies. Fractional reserve lending, etc.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

I like this part: "This is the Federal Reserve in Washington DC, it's located on Constitution Street....and that is just as much of a joke as the New York Fed being located on Liberty Street. Both of them are unconstitutional, both of them limit our liberty, and they transfer wealth away from us every second of every day, to the Federal Reserve, to the government, and to the banking sector."
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Do you need help figuring out how to get video's to work or is it a mind thing not wanting them too?

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Do you need help figuring out how to get video's to work or is it a mind thing not wanting them too?
    I think her internet just has a $#@!ty connection.

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    I'm in the boonies, son. I'm still trying to download a video that a friend sent me last week. If my brain could control the internet, I'd reach through and poke ya in the eye fer bein' a snot-nosed monkey boy.

Yeah. I had a glass of wine. Mother-in-law came over today and walked all over my oriental rug with her muddy shoes, then my kid used me as a jungle gym for about the last four hours.

I'm in the boonies, son. I'm still trying to download a video that a friend sent me last week. If my brain could control the internet, I'd reach through and poke ya in the eye fer bein' a snot-nosed monkey boy.

Yeah. I had a glass of wine. Mother-in-law came over today and walked all over my oriental rug with her muddy shoes, then my kid used me as a jungle gym for about the last four hours.
    Poor amy. ~hugs~
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Poor amy. ~hugs~
    She's gone, the rug's cleaned up, the kid's asleep and I have wine.

I'm good now. Thanks though.

She's gone, the rug's cleaned up, the kid's asleep and I have wine.

I'm good now. Thanks though.
    Wine makes everything better!

Brilliant video by the way. It's going right up on my Facebook page!

Nicely done. Pass it on.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Gonna watch this after work thanks for the video!

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Rogue View Post
    Watched em all today. Definitely worth it.

Really good video although I have a couple of small disagreements. He tends to highlight the fact that the fed is a private entity as if this was a bad thing. In reality the fed is really just an arm of the government. There's nothing inherently wrong with banks. Money and banks are one of the greatest innovations ever. The problem is when the government grants a monopoly to a central bank. In that case the bank is really a government bank.

Also the part where he says we have keep increasing the debt ceiling to keep the whole system from collapsing doesn't make sense to me. I think we increase the debt ceiling because it's the path of least resistance, not because it keeps the currency from collapsing.

Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    Really good video although I have a couple of small disagreements. He tends to highlight the fact that the fed is a private entity as if this was a bad thing. In reality the fed is really just an arm of the government. There's nothing inherently wrong with banks. Money and banks are one of the greatest innovations ever. The problem is when the government grants a monopoly to a central bank. In that case the bank is really a government bank.

Also the part where he says we have keep increasing the debt ceiling to keep the whole system from collapsing doesn't make sense to me. I think we increase the debt ceiling because it's the path of least resistance, not because it keeps the currency from collapsing.
    Well said sir.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

The six percent dividend does not fit well. Certainly when their own goal is to put inflation at 2. Hell, I want to buy some of that stock! As for the second part, the deflationary collapse is clear, what he does not make clear is why this cannot continue forever, sure debt would need to continually grow at a higher pace than currency, but why cant it? He shruga it off aa if it will collapse under its weight. Why?

The FRB haters here will be upset with you, but you're right.

Ok, so where does the interest come from
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

The FRB haters here will be upset with you, but you're right.
    You can have banks without Fractional Reserve banking just like you can have any sort of business while fraud is illegal

The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

Here's Bob Murphy's assessment of the OP video: http://consultingbyrpm.com/blog/2013...f-mankind.html

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Murphy
    "The Biggest Scam in the History of Mankind"

This video is pretty neat; it’s racking up views very quickly. It’s very well done, but unfortunately there are a few things that I think they get wrong.

Some of my objections:

==> The guy a few times says “I” when he should say “me.”

==> I understand where he’s coming from, but I don’t think it works to say that the fiat dollar is just currency, not really money. That certainly won’t line up with the Misesian approach to monetary theory; fiat money really is money. It’s fiat, of course, but it’s money, hence the name: fiat money.

==> I really don’t like the stuff about the government needs to create more money in order to pay interest on existing debt. I walk through the problems with that kind of approach here. More generally, in the book I co-authored with Carlos Lara, I acknowledge the truth that yes, there is a sense in which our modern monetary system is intricately tied to debt, but it doesn’t mean quite what a lot of the people pushing this line think it means.

==> Finally, at one point in the video they imply that the U.S. Constitution forbids the government from issuing anything other than gold and silver coin. However, the clause is from Section 10 of Article I, which are prohibitions on the State governments. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying the Constitution gives the federal government the authority to issue fiat money, but my point is that it’s not quite right to point to the prohibitions on State governments as the smoking gun for what the federal government is allowed to do, regarding money. (For my views on this stuff, again I point you to my book with Carlos Lara.)

<center>* * *</center>
    Partly I’m listing the above objections just because I want to balance my main message, which is that this is a very cool video, and I’m glad to see it gaining so much attention so quickly.

Oh, one last tidbit: Based off of a quote from the video, I realize that Thomas Jefferson was walking through the issue of government debt burdening future generations even before Nick Rowe had his PhD. It’s pretty sophisticated; check it out.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast