Thread: Lower Gas Prices Dramatically - New Study Calls for Competitive Market

Lower Gas Prices Dramatically - New Study Calls for Competitive Market

The US Energy Security Council just released this report Fuel Choice for American Prosperity

Here's a link to a CSPAN 2-1/2 hour session discussing the report today. A Roundtable is kicked off at 41:19. Before that is an interview. The whole thing is worth a watch if you have the time.

Lots of interesting talk about using natural gas based ethanol-85 and methanol-85 as a way to introduce competition for gasoline. Great comments about OPEC, China, the EPA, and using free markets and no government money to bring prices down and reduce America's dependence on foreign oil.

There were statements that with very little modification today's vehicles could start using methanol-85 and still be under the mfr warranty.

Their tagline is "Turning Oil into Salt", referencing the hold salt had around the collective necks of the world until canning and refrigeration were developed and became widespread.

Only downside - the former CEO of Shell Oil critized the lack of the US gov't to do anything about this for decades, citing the spider web of agencies & regulations on every step of the industry. His solution -- create a new governance agency for energy akin to
    - wait for it -
    the Federal Reserve. Ridiculous. Obviously the better answer is to DEREGULATE!!

The rest of it was really intriguing. This is the kind of change (WITHOUT AN ENERGY FED) that I'd like to see Rand, Massie, etc., grab hold of and run with.

I hope this gets some traction.
    Last edited by georgiaboy; 10-15-2013 at 02:49 PM.
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.