Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Bitcoin Price Update

Bitcoin Price Update

Looks like about a $10 bump in 24 hours. Debt ceiling influence?

Last price $151.00

https://www.mtgox.com/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I think it also has to do with mining lark's discovering it is a mug's game and buying btc direct instead with their equipment refunds.

I was told recently that Mt.Gox quotes are way too high. So I look at Coinbase for quotes now.

https://coinbase.com/charts
    Last edited by anaconda; 10-21-2013 at 01:26 AM.

Bitcoins are worthless now that silk road is down /sarcasm

Ok, I'm in. Current total 1.14 BTC or approximately 0.00001% of all the Bitcoin in existance!

$182.46 last sell price on Coinbase. 1:20 PM PST.

I took some advice on this forum a little while ago - since my bitcoin are just 'sitting there' why not throw a few into bitcoin investments? You can actually buy stocks, contracts and other types of investments in bitcoin miners and earn a dividend on your bitcoin, all while the value of bitcoin goes up. Might not want to put all your bitcoin into mining contracts, but it is kinda cool to be invested in bitcoin and also simultaneously earn returns on the bitcoin.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Banking problems in cyprus helped bring the price up earlier this year. JP Morgan having to pay 13 billion in fines with more possible have anything to do with it?
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

Quote Originally Posted by FSP-Rebel View Post
    http://bitcoinmagazine.com/7615/bitc...lly-continues/
    The rally continues, read up for the reasons why.
    Chinese. Awesome.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    I took some advice on this forum a little while ago - since my bitcoin are just 'sitting there' why not throw a few into bitcoin investments? You can actually buy stocks, contracts and other types of investments in bitcoin miners and earn a dividend on your bitcoin, all while the value of bitcoin goes up. Might not want to put all your bitcoin into mining contracts, but it is kinda cool to be invested in bitcoin and also simultaneously earn returns on the bitcoin.
    Just be careful about monitoring difficulty increases and the hashing power of whatever company you invest in. Good ones are reinvesting in next-gen asics.

Almost to $200.

Bitcoin train is leaving the station...

Over 200 on some exchanges. It's nice to see your investments grow like this.
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

I'm wondering when the profit taking correction will begin.

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin69 View Post
    I'm wondering when the profit taking correction will begin.
    Im wondering too, if any. It appears the Chinese are leading this one, but it's unclear how long or how big this bull market will be.

It disturbs my brain that numbers on a computer network are worth more than eight ounces of silver, but the market has spoken.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What I'd really like is a quick way to get money over to CampBX. $15 arbitrage opportunity for someone with a good channel set up.

Possibly plateauing right about now. Not a lot of movement in the last 12 hours or so.

Last edited by evilfunnystuff; 10-22-2013 at 02:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa
    Liberty works best not because liberty is without responsibility, but because responsibility is part of the deal. Capitalism works best not because capitalists love us and want us to be happy, but because the more government you have, the more government they can buy, and if they have no government to buy then all they can do instead is compete--compete to serve us better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ʇɔɐ ʇoıɹʇɐd
    I heart BTC! - 1AesnP1c7wyjzJhaKZajkixo9tthZRQzjB

Price is creeping back up, watch out when China wakes up again.

I'd venture to say that sooner rather then later there will be bank accounts with encrypted digital wallets that are for transfers of gold/silver ownership through payment systems.

It's already creeping into existence, but I'd give it about 10 years and there will full fledged networks AND consumer credit markets backed by PM's.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahkato View Post
    It disturbs my brain that numbers on a computer network are worth more than eight ounces of silver, but the market has spoken.
    "Like an army falling, one by one by one" - Linkin Park

Quote Originally Posted by amonasro View Post
    Price is creeping back up, watch out when China wakes up again.
    "Watch out" in a good way or a bad way?

That's pretty neat as mine are just sitting there also. Any links/more info on these investments?

$213 on mtgox
    $195 on bitstamp

woohoo!!!!!!
    "Building Freedom in an Unfree World" - http://freedomlovin.com

"All initiation of force is a violation of someone else's rights, whether initiated by an individual or the state, for the benefit of an individual or group of individuals, even if it's supposed to be for the benefit of another individual or group of individuals."
    -Ron Paul

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
    I'd venture to say that sooner rather then later there will be bank accounts with encrypted digital wallets that are for transfers of gold/silver ownership through payment systems.

It's already creeping into existence, but I'd give it about 10 years and there will full fledged networks AND consumer credit markets backed by PM's.
    It wouldn't be trustworthy and could never be as transparent as the blockchain. Metal needs to be physical. Bitcoin doesn't need to be because of the P2P public ledger that can't be manipulated.

Quote Originally Posted by amonasro View Post
    Just be careful about monitoring difficulty increases and the hashing power of whatever company you invest in. Good ones are reinvesting in next-gen asics.
    I have two that are funds and research then invest strategically for me, and then I have LabCoin. It's only a small portion of my bitcoin, but I'm getting dividends almost daily.

Checkout Cryptostocks.com
    Last edited by dannno; 10-23-2013 at 10:48 AM.

I have two that are funds and research then invest strategically for me, and then I have LabCoin.

Checkout Cryptostocks.com
    I almost bought shares of Petahash Mining, but held back. It would take months to recoup my investment, by then the mining landscape could change completely. They say they have first access to 28nm ASIC chips, but I already got burned investing in the 110nm chips.... by the time they were shipped they were nearly worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahkato View Post
    Because intrinsic value only matters in a total collapse. Numbers on a computer are fine if the system is based on scarcity and it can't be manipulated like COMEX or JPM naked shorts.

$207.52 on Coinbase. 9:27 p.m. PST 10-23-2013

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post

Bitcoin and gold and silver will come crashing together at some point in perhaps another form or name.

The pros of both balance the cons of the other.
    It's just an opinion... man...

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast