Thread: Adrian Peterson's two year old son beat to death by moms boyfriend

Unhappy Adrian Peterson's two year old son beat to death by moms boyfriend

On phone can't post a story. Someone? The best way to deal with this monster after he's convicted is to drop him off in the Vikings' locker room.
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Oh $#@!, how does that affect my fantasy football team
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by kathy88 View Post
    On phone can't post a story. Someone? The best way to deal with this monster after he's convicted is to drop him off in the Vikings' locker room.
    The 2-year-old son of Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson died Friday afternoon in Sioux Falls, S.D., from injuries sustained during an aggravated assault on Thursday, police said.

Police are not releasing the boy's name out of respect for the family, but Peterson's father, Nelson Peterson, told the St. Paul Pioneer Press the child is Peterson's son. The child had been in critical condition in a South Dakota hospital.

Joseph Robert Patterson was arrested on aggravated assault charges on Thursday and made his first court appearance on Friday. He is being held on $750,000 bail, and in light of the boy's death, the Lincoln County State Attorney's office will review the case for additional charges, according to a statement from the Sioux Falls police department.

Peterson took to Twitter late Friday afternoon.
    Thank you to my family, my fans and fans of other teams for their support.
    — Adrian Peterson (@AdrianPeterson) October 11, 2013
    The NFL is a fraternity of brothers and I am thankful for the tweets, phone calls and text messages from my fellow players.
    God Bless everyone and thank u so much.

Patterson, 27, is being held on two felony counts of aggravated battery of an infant and aggravated assault domestic. He was in court Friday for a probable cause hearing where bail was expected to be discussed.

AP Photo/The Star Tribune/Elizabeth FloresThe 2-year-old son of Adrian Peterson died early Friday evening in Sioux Falls, S.D., police confirmed. Peterson's playing status for Sunday has yet to be determined. "I think we should allow Adrian to grieve tonight," a Vikings source told ESPN.

The Vikings (1-3) host the Carolina Panthers (1-3) on Sunday.

Peterson, who spoke to reporters earlier Friday at the team's facility, had said prior to the announcement of the child's death that he would play Sunday.

A Vikings source, however, told ESPN's Josina Anderson that feeling "was the emotion of the moment. That could change."

Police and an EMS crew were called Wednesday to a Sioux Falls home, where the child was found unresponsive and was rushed to the hospital, according to a police statement. The child was under Patterson's care at the time and nobody else was at the home.

At the hospital, it was discovered that the child's injuries were consistent with abuse. Patterson, who police say is the boyfriend of the child's mother, was taken into custody and charged.

Peterson is second in the NFL with 421 yards rushing and first in the league with five touchdowns.

The news of his son's death was felt throughout the sports world. LeBron James of the NBA's Miami Heat and Bryce Harper of MLB's Washington Nationals were two of many to offer their condolences to Peterson on Twitter.
    My deepest condolences goes out to Adrian Peterson and his family! Sending prayers up for you homie! Nothing I can say can help u through..
    — LeBron James (@KingJames) October 11, 2013
    Prayers go out to @AdrianPeterson and his family! What a cruel world we live in! Truly unbelievable! #GodBless
    — Bryce Harper (@Bharper3407) October 11, 2013

ESPN.com Vikings reporter Ben Goessling contributed to this report.
    Last edited by cajuncocoa; 10-11-2013 at 04:42 PM.

Outta rep Cajun. Thank you.
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

-Anonymous

Off to see who Adrian Petersen is...

Ah - football. Knew the name was familiar. What an idiot. Jail is better than what Peterson and his friends would do to him.

But can't resist pointing out that kids in single parent families are more likely to be abused. Divorce is bad for kids.

(In before conspiracy theories!)
    Last edited by angelatc; 10-11-2013 at 05:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    It's pretty obvious in the article I posted.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    The #1 NFL football player in the world?
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    The #1 NFL football player in the world?
    Donte Stallworth is my God.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Adrian Peterson's two year old son beat to death by moms boyfriend
    Why does this thread have a little smiley face icon next to it?

I do not think I would want to be the guy in prison for killing the baby of the most popular guy in the NFL, either.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulFanInGA View Post
    Why does this thread have a little smiley face icon next to it?
    I have no idea.
    —Charles Mackay

-Anonymous

oh wow, that is sad. I've followed his whole career.

Eagles' Wings

http://www.safehorizon.org/index/wha...facts-304.html

We were reminded by our local radio sports show that this kind of thing happens every day. My very first thought when hearing this news was, where in the hell was this kid's father?
    Last edited by Eagles' Wings; 10-11-2013 at 09:35 PM.

It means he'll prob run for 200+ w/3TD. So if you got him, good. If not, you're f'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Louise View Post
    http://www.safehorizon.org/index/wha...facts-304.html We were reminded by our local radio sports show that this kind of thing happens every day. My very first thought when hearing this news was, where in the hell was this kid's father?
    It's safe to say the Family Courts had a say in that.
    Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives. -James Madison

Quote Originally Posted by ctiger2 View Post
    It means he'll prob run for 200+ w/3TD. So if you got him, good. If not, you're f'd.
    He is actually on my team.. I'm on the RPF league.. and since my internet was down the day of the draft, he was auto-drafted for me. And my team sucks, I'm 0-4 and I'm finally playing a team this week where I'm up in the forecast 183 - 161 and now Adrian Peterson who usually scores about 30 points a game for me is in limbo

I don't really care that much, I was making fun of Americans who are too caught up in their weird sports/reality tv life to care about humanity. Of course I received both a + and - rep for the post.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    loveshiscountry

You're 0-5 how can your team be much worse?

Adrian only found out it was his son while he was on a ventilator, and was not active in this son's life as he didn't know. The picture of him floating around the internetz, handing a football to a little boy, is of his son Adrian Peterson Jr, and that is not the son killed in the attacked.

What do you want me to do, to do for you to see you through?
    A box of rain will ease the pain, and love will see you through.
    Box of Rain, Grateful Dead

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV
    A real feminist would have avoided men altogether and found a perfectly good female partner. Because, y'know, all sexual intercourse is actually rape.
    निर्विकल्पा
    aka Wicked Heathen
    I was a nasty woman before Trump made it cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvikalpa View Post
    Adrian only found out it was his son while he was on a ventilator, and was not active in this son's life as he didn't know. The picture of him floating around the internetz, handing a football to a little boy, is of his son Adrian Peterson Jr, and that is not the son killed in the attacked.
    Yep...apparently he only recently learned he was the father of this child. Of course, that doesn't change the tragic nature of the story (and I know you're not suggesting otherwise).

Adrian Peterson's Sioux Falls child was "a secret," source says

By Aaron Rupar Fri., Oct. 11 2013 at 11:31 AM

-- Update at bottom --

A woman in Sioux Falls who is close to the mother involved in the tragic story about Adrian Peterson's two-year-old son says the fact AP had a child living in Sioux Falls was "a secret."

:::: UPDATE :::: Joey Patterson, man accused of beating AP's son, says his son is "my life"

She said the mother of the child had a casual relationship with AP when she lived in the Twin Cities (she's since moved to South Dakota). She became pregnant, but wasn't sure about the identify of the father "until just recently." A paternity test revealed that the dad was indeed Adrian Peterson. Our source says Peterson isn't identified as the father on the birth certificate of the child, who goes by his mother's last name.

Before the paternity test, the mother knew the father "could've been one of two guys," she said.

Our source says Adrian was aware he was the father of the child before this week's tragic incident. Previous reports have indicated Adrian only has two children, Adrian Jr. and a daughter named Adeja.

"Why would he be in Sioux Falls, missing practice, if it wasn't his kid?" she said.

Tragically, our source says Adrian's son is not expected to survive his injuries (UPDATE -- AP's son has since died). The plan is to take him off a ventilator this evening and donate his organs.

"Unless God provides some sort of miracle, he's gone," she said.

The child was rushed to the hospital Wednesday evening. Our source says people close to the mother were initially told the child had choked on candy. Only later did it emerge his brain injuries were the result of being violently shaken.

A man the mother had recently started dating, 27-year-old Joseph Patterson, was arrested and charged with aggravated assault and aggravated battery of an infant in connection with the incident.

:::: UPDATE ::::

After practice today, AP made a few remarks to the assembled media. He asked for privacy and wouldn't comment on the Sioux Falls situation itself, but said he'll play Sunday "without a doubt," adding that football has helped him through tough times throughout his life.

"I'm ready to roll. I'm focused," he said.

http://blogs.citypages.com/blotter/2...ource_says.php
    Last edited by cajuncocoa; 10-13-2013 at 07:59 AM.

loveshiscountry

He is actually on my team.. I'm on the RPF league.. and since my internet was down the day of the draft, he was auto-drafted for me. And my team sucks, I'm 0-4 and I'm finally playing a team this week where I'm up in the forecast 183 - 161 and now Adrian Peterson who usually scores about 30 points a game for me is in limbo

I don't really care that much, I was making fun of Americans who are too caught up in their weird sports/reality tv life to care about humanity. Of course I received both a + and - rep for the post.
    0-5

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    Yep...apparently he only recently learned he was the father of this child. Of course, that doesn't change the tragic nature of the story
    It makes it far more tragic.

This begs the question: I wonder how many sons Wilt Chamberlain fathered without his knowledge. I reckon a few hundred. Adrian probably has twenty five other kids he doesn't know about...
    School of Salamanca - School of Austrian Economics - Liberty, Private Property, Free-Markets, Voluntaryist, Agorist. le monde va de lui même

"No man hath power over my rights and liberties, and I over no mans [sic]."

What, sir, is the use of a militia? It is to prevent the establishment of a standing army, the bane of liberty.

www.mises.org
    www.antiwar.com
    An Arrow Against all Tyrants - Richard Overton vis. 1646 (Required reading!)

Quote Originally Posted by Austrian Econ Disciple View Post
    This begs the question: I wonder how many sons Wilt Chamberlain fathered without his knowledge. I reckon a few hundred. Adrian probably has twenty five other kids he doesn't know about...

---------

Adrian Peterson's version of 'Parenthood'

Where is the outrage for an NFL player who apparently fathered five children by four women, none of them he was married to?

Last edited by robert68; 10-17-2013 at 01:04 PM.