Thread: PPP: Tim Walberg (R-MI-7) down by 8 points against generic Democrat

PPP: Tim Walberg (R-MI-7) down by 8 points against generic Democrat

This RINO warmongerer won by 10 points over Daily Paul member Kurt Haskell (D), who may not be a perfect candidate but still a huge improvement. Haskell upports gun rights and a balanced budget unlike his opponent.

If he were somehow to win the primary again (not even sure if he's running), victory would be possible, but sadly I don't think it's a very high possibility. Keep in mind though that Republicans may get hurt really badly, and if he were able to get the nomination and some decent funding, it'd be a very winnable race.

He got outspent on a 13:1 ratio last election, so if somehow he were able to get the funds (good polling numbers), it does seem like it would be somewhat winnable.

I just bring this up because if everything shifts extremely blue, Republican pickups may be hopeless in 2014 and there may be other races where we can make a difference.
    The enemy of my enemy may be worse than my enemy.

I do not suffer from Trump Rearrangement Syndrome. Sorry if that triggers you.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So there's a "liberty" candidate that's a Democrat?

Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post
    Not even sure if he will be a 2014 candidate, but yes he was mostly a "liberty" candidate in the 2012 cycle.

He had some progressive tendencies but agreed with 90% of the Ron Paul platform, which is way more than most Republicans.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Neocon View Post
    Not even sure if he will be a 2014 candidate, but yes he was mostly a "liberty" candidate in the 2012 cycle.

He had some progressive tendencies but agreed with 90% of the Ron Paul platform, which is way more than most Republicans.
    So he was a Democrat who was against Obamacare and was at least mostly fiscally conservative?

Absolutely. Everyone here is well aware of liberty Democrats running and sometimes winning as Democrats in NH state rep races. It doesn't happen on such a high level in other states but since liberty Democrats when council seats in NH, my guess is they also win seats in other states. If you meant in this particular race, sadly, no, Tim is not a liberty candidate.
    Last edited by Keith and stuff; 10-07-2013 at 05:38 PM.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

So he was a Democrat who was against Obamacare and was at least mostly fiscally conservative?
    No and yes

He supports changing the law after it's gone through, fixing any of the problems along the way. He considers the repeal votes a waste of time, and doesn't want to scrap the law completely. In other words, he's basically a moderate Republican on it.
    Inactive

List of Liberty-minded candidates for Congress in 2014
    Party: Libertarian (since registration) / Religion: none (Ignostic)

“If while on your way you meet no one your equal or better, steadily continue on your way alone. There is no fellowship with fools.”
    ― Dhammapada, v. 61

"Asking why there are no Libertarian countries is akin to asking why there are no Atheist Theocracies." - #AncapJackal

Quote Originally Posted by Smart3 View Post
    No and yes

He supports changing the law after it's gone through, fixing any of the problems along the way. He considers the repeal votes a waste of time, and doesn't want to scrap the law completely. In other words, he's basically a moderate Republican on it.
    So he's probably more of a Dennis Kucinich type Democrat.

Yeah basically.
    Inactive

List of Liberty-minded candidates for Congress in 2014
    Party: Libertarian (since registration) / Religion: none (Ignostic)

“If while on your way you meet no one your equal or better, steadily continue on your way alone. There is no fellowship with fools.”
    ― Dhammapada, v. 61

"Asking why there are no Libertarian countries is akin to asking why there are no Atheist Theocracies." - #AncapJackal

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    More like somewhere between Kucinich and Ron. He's a moderate on economic issues and pro-civil liberties/anti-war/anti-Fed.

Who knows what the chance of him being the Democratic candidate again would even be, but it's just something to keep an eye on. And PPP may be skewing their polls to give the impression that the Republicans are losing the debate now, so likely Walberg isn't even down by 8.