Thread: Confirmed: Aspartame is made from the waste products of genetically modified E. coli bacteria.

Confirmed: Aspartame is made from the waste products of genetically modified E. coli bacteria.

So You Like Diet Soda…
    http://www.theburningplatform.com/20...ike-diet-soda/
    E-coli sh!t is used to make it, and “no” I am not joking.

I will give you one guess what corporation is responsible.

Don’t worry, it is only trace amounts genetically modified bacteria poop, and I am sure they are just using this to innoculate all us hoi-polloi against future outbreaks of e coli. How thoughtful of them, they like Jaime Dimon are surely doing God’s Work.

The worst part is that e-coli poop probably isn’t even the worst thing in aspartame…
    [...]
    The European patent for aspartame is now available online, and it confirms the artificial sweetener is made from the waste products of genetically modified E. coli bacteria.

Though this fact was reported as early as 1999, not much attention was paid at the time to aspartame and its maker Monsanto, which was allegedly adding GM aspartame to soft drinks in Britain.

The patent refers to “cloned microorganisms” later revealed to be genetically modified E. coli bacteria. They are modified to produce an especially large peptide used to create aspartame.

The cultivated and well-fed bacteria then produce proteins which contain the aspartic acid-phenylalanine amino acid segment required to produce the sweetener.

The bacteria waste is then treated to turn the large peptide and a free carboxyl group into a dipeptide. The the dipeptides are then treated with alcohol and methanol to produce aspartame.

Controversy has steadily grown around genetically modified foods and GM giant Monsanto. Coke recently ran an ad campaign defending their use of aspartame, saying studies support the product’s safety.

Original HERE.

Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    We actually had this thread a while back...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

What is the problem with aspartame it is a result of the free market and voluntary decisions? Aren't you in favor of that stuff?
    -Freeman On The Land

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    We actually had this thread a while back...

Yes, http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...MO-E-coli-poop

IIRC Amy started out by pointing out that beer is made from yeast piss.

TaftFan submitted that honey is bee vomit.

Dr.3D:" There are lots of amino acids that are produced by fermentation. In other words, the amino acid produced is the feces of microbes."

Zippy pointed out that it isn't really a GMO: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post5194395

And Amy's overall take on the entire needless alarmism technique: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post5194828
    Last edited by angelatc; 10-04-2013 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Yes, and IIRC Amy started out by pointing out that beer is made from yeast piss.
    not true.

Yeast poo.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    not true.

Yeast poo.
    Is that "Confirmed?"

Sorry I missed it! Yeast poop doesn't gross me out at all, and neither does bee vomit. Zippyjuan does though.

Quote Originally Posted by pathtofreedom View Post
    What is the problem with aspartame it is a result of the free market and voluntary decisions? Aren't you in favor of that stuff?
    You think Monsanto's frankenfood is the result of a free market and the consumption of it is voluntary? Do you also believe BigAg's food "safety" bill was signed into law for our safety?
    Last edited by Lucille; 10-04-2013 at 01:27 PM.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    Sorry I missed it! Yeast poop doesn't gross me out at all.

You think Monsanto's frankenfood is the result of a free market and the consumption of it is voluntary? Do you also believe BigAg's food "safety" bill was signed into law for our safety?
    Consumption must be voluntary because I have chosen not to consume any and the result is - voila! - I don't consume any.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by pathtofreedom View Post

I'm guessing aspartame is about as free market as the war in Afghanistan... Dick Cheney behind them both..

When the feds were raiding health food stores with SWAT teams for carrying stevia as a natural 'sweetener', you know something is going on behind the scenes.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post

I those are entirely different topics.

Here's the thing you yeasters........

Brewers yeast is healthy, it has B vitamins. Some people add it to their diet.

Does anybody add genetically modified E. Coli to their diet for the health benefits?

Saying that it's ok to eat E.Coli poop because we eat yeast poop is apples and oranges.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

FWIW, I avoid all artificial sweeteners.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post

Does anybody add genetically modified E. Coli to their diet for the health benefits?

Saying that it's ok to eat E.Coli poop because we eat yeast poop is apples and oranges.
    Talking about micro-organism "poop" is silly to begin with.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post

People who can't make an honest argument tend to be ideologues, which means it is impossible to reason with them.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post5194395

It is natural fermentation. The bacteria is "specially chosen" but not GMO. Cloning it to get more copies of the same bacteria is also not GMO. And while e-coli IS a bacteriium, it is not the one used to make aspertame. They are tossing out code words to add fear to the product. "GMO", "E-Coli", "feces" - things that make you go "ew" even though they are not accurate terms.

So quick - let's talk about Monsanto instead!

Is that "Confirmed?"
    People who can't make an honest argument tend to be ideologues, which means it is impossible to reason with them.

So quick - let's talk about Monsanto instead!
    Wisenheimer, eh?

Though this fact was reported as early as 1999, not much attention was paid at the time to aspartame and its maker Monsanto, which was allegedly adding GM aspartame to soft drinks in Britain.
    Not sure how Monsanto has nothing to do with it, but I'm just an ideologue who can't be reasoned with.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    FWIW, I avoid all artificial sweeteners.
    Many times it's labeled as "natural flavors."
    --Albert J. Nock

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    not true.

Yeast poo.
    If the organism only has one exit for the excrement, I can call it piss/poo or #3 and still feel that I'm being accurate if I'm going for shock value.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.