Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Entire House Of Reps Gives Standing Ovation To Cops After Killing Unarmed Mother

Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post
    Like I said, I wasn't there and didn't witness this event, so I can't say for sure whether there was a way for the police to stop her without killing her. I just think it's clear that this woman was also clearly at fault for what she did.
    Relativism on display.
    “…I believe that at this point in history, the greatest danger to our freedom and way of life comes from the reasonable fear of omniscient State powers kept in check by nothing more than policy documents.”

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by kathy88 View Post

This is where the car ended up. Note no damage.

Car that actually hit a barrier.

Car PRIOR to ending up in above picture.

Now. The last pic is more than likely after she "RAMMED the barricade" I think those are definitely guns drawn and pointed at her HEAD. That is prior to the shooting. The shooting took place in a completely different location.

And away we go.

They started shooting at her as she drove away from the last picture. Don't know if they hit her, but there is video. And the car is damaged in the first picture - look at the fender and the door.
    Last edited by angelatc; 10-04-2013 at 08:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    And away we go.

They started shooting at her as she drove away from the last picture.
    Thus ensuring that there was only one way in which this incident would end.

Like I said, I wasn't there and didn't witness this event, so I can't say for sure whether there was a way for the police to stop her without killing her. I just think it's clear that this woman was also clearly at fault for what she did.
    I have to agree with better-dead here. Multiple traffic violations should not be grounds for opening fire.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Well sure, she was guilty of driving recklessly. Does that justify execution though? I've been hit by a car while walking on the sidewalk (not seriously injured). Would I have been justified to open fire on the driver?
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Now we can add "post partum" depression to the list of terrorist traits. How about a DNA test on that kid? Bet it belongs to someone connected in DC. Her mother said she became increasingly agitated when she found out she was pregnant. Maybe she was being threatened. You never know.

If only someone had provided her with free birth control....

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Hey, guns are drawn, might as well use them. Citations all around.

And had they actually used all those vehicles to properly block her in, instead of jumping out and hut-hutting with guns drawn, this situation might have ended differently.

I just think it's clear that this woman was also clearly at fault for what she did.
    How is that relevant to the question of whether they murdered her?
    Last edited by better-dead-than-fed; 10-04-2013 at 08:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    It seems a bit histrionic to be calling it murder.
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    How many of those reps have made a career out of screeds against abortion?
    The irrefutible fact is that human life isn't precious to anyone in power. This is another case that underscores that.
    RP talked about changing society before we can change laws.
    A lot of you have called me and my ilk dreamers for advocating statelessness.
    That may be true, but you are also dreamers who think respect for life can be imbued to our society.

When this forum, which I had thought was a haven for those valuing human life, no longer harbors apologists for state killings, then living in a land that respects life will be more than a pipe dream.

Until then, we're deluding ourselves.
    Did EVERYONE in the House of Reps applaud? Even Amash and Massie? If so I'm seriously disappointed. What would Ron Paul have done if he was still in the House? I can definitely imagine him standing alone there, but wow.

I agree with you that statelessness is only a dream because people don't want it. I also agree with you that even certain elements of this forum are basically useless.
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

Funny that there is another thread on here that has some of the same characteristics. A motorist is involved in a traffic mishap. He feels threatened. He runs from those he feels are threatening his, and his child's, safety running one over in the process.
    What would you think had the "bikers" pulled out guns and shot him down? Justified? Standing ovation?

yeah yeah, whatever....how are the 2 cops injured in this jihad attack?

And of course the life of the Secret Service officer doesn't matter to people here. He was just a state sponsored murderer hired by the government to inflict as much pain and misery on people as possible.
    I'll admit to this one. His job is to defend a mass murderer. He's not an innocent victim of anything.
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sometimes people in the liberty movement disgust me.

While I think the standing ovation by congress was uncalled for, the actions of the police clearly were.

In this day and age of IED's I'm honestly surprised the police showed so much restraint. The easily were justified in stopping her by force long before any shots were fired.

Also if the car bumped, hit, rammed a barricade or not doesn't even matter. The actions following that were what drew the police to use force.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabal View Post
    It's always the same people.
    yup

Who's the victim here, again?

And what you're steadfastly refusing to recognize is that it's equally clear that her only fault was to disobey.
    TC, if this accusation is untrue, you have GOT to come up with a better argument than "breaking the law" or "tresspassing on public property", neither of which is an argument for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by UtahApocalypse View Post

While I think the standing ovation by congress was uncalled for, the actions of the police clearly were.

In this day and age of IED's I'm honestly surprised the police showed so much restraint. The easily were justified in stopping her by force long before any shots were fired.

Also if the car bumped, hit, rammed a barricade or not doesn't even matter. The actions following that were what drew the police to use force.
    What a weird perception, surreal.

Maybe you need to move to a safer area, if this is a daily threat in your area. We don't have any of those incidents here, that I know of.
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

She rammed through the barricades and was then trespassing on public property. A vehicle can be used as a weapon. The police didn't have any idea what this woman was going to do, if she was going to try to run over someone, if she had bombs in her car she was going to set off, etc. She was putting other people's lives at risk.
    To be honest, I have never seen a modern vehicle 'ram' anything without sustaining significant damage before. Perhaps the entire story is bunk?

Sometimes people that give the benefit of the doubt to the police disgust me.

Perhaps my GoogleFu is broken this morning, most IED stories I uncovered were in warzones outside of the US.... are you stating that the police are becoming militarized and training for IED usage here?
    Last edited by DGambler; 10-04-2013 at 08:56 AM.
    “…I believe that at this point in history, the greatest danger to our freedom and way of life comes from the reasonable fear of omniscient State powers kept in check by nothing more than policy documents.”

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Funny that there is another thread on here that has some of the same characteristics. A motorist is involved in a traffic mishap. He feels threatened. He runs from those he feels are threatening his, and his child's, safety running one over in the process. What would you think had the "bikers" pulled out guns and shot him down? Justified? Standing ovation?
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to phill4paul again.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

young black woman with a baby.

Made some fatal mistakes.

I look at her as a scared rabbit that got inside the farmers veggie fence.

apparently there is no strategy to stop someone like her other than to blow a person like that away....

really?...

$#@!in' inhuman bull$#@!.

end of story.
    Last edited by JK/SEA; 10-04-2013 at 09:02 AM.

I don't see any airbag deployed in the pics, and if it had - ramming would presumably cause this - the driver would likely have been impaired as a result.

From what I'm gathering, the police overreacted, to put it mildly.

Scary that they got a standing ovation by the House. Makes me think they've been given the order to shoot to kill at the first sign of failure to follow orders. If that's the case, it's bad. Real bad.
    Last edited by georgiaboy; 10-04-2013 at 09:03 AM.
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    Who's the victim here, again?
    The heros of course

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    To be honest, I have never seen a modern vehicle 'ram' anything without sustaining significant damage before. Perhaps the entire story is bunk?
    Neither have I Gunny.

This is where the car ended up. Note no damage.

Car that actually hit a barrier.

Car PRIOR to ending up in above picture.

Now. The last pic is more than likely after she "RAMMED the barricade" I think those are definitely guns drawn and pointed at her HEAD. That is prior to the shooting. The shooting took place in a completely different location.
    The last pic the car is clearly in contact with the barrier and a cop car. Multiple eyewitnesses say she hit a cop and if you watch the video, she clearly backed up into a cop car and drove at another cop who jumped behind the barrier out of her way. None of this is up for argument, it happened.

Perhaps ram was too strong of an adjective used by the media, but she definitely put her car in contact with the barriers and a cop car.

We need to know the motivation for her actions before rushing to judgement. But generally speaking, driving a car at cops with guns drawn is justification to fire.
    Last edited by 69360; 10-04-2013 at 09:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post

apparently there is no strategy to stop someone like her other than to blow a person like that away....
    Yeah, but the farmer doesn't just shoot the rabbit. So if the analogy is really to work....

There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    We need to know the motivation for her actions before rushing to judgement.
    No, we really don't.
    The only reason to investigate motive is if there is a trial.
    The only actors left to judge are not going to go through that process.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    young black woman with a baby.

Made some fatal mistakes.

really?...

$#@!in' inhuman bull$#@!.

end of story.

When guns were drawn at her, one of the guys right in front of her sight was wearing shorts and black tshirt. She may have been traumatized in the past by people with guns at some checkpoint, with or without cops uniforms and in panic tried to get her one year old child out of harms way by trying to escape men wih guns. She can be charged with disobeying cops but getting killed by cops for not stopping is clearly very wrong. Although charges against 'shooting suspects' have not been filed yet and media has gone to extreme lengths to paint unarmed victim as "suspected shooter', good propsecution can get guilty verdict against actual 'shooting suspects' once trails begin.

If her family is as connected as Treyvon Martins was, they might succeed in getting Obama / Holder to speak out about this killing just blocks from White House/Houses of lawmakers and may get charges filed against shooting suspects. But this might not get attention unless her family injected 'racial element' into this case of police abuse of power against a mundane who didnt have the sense to obey their commands.

No, we really don't.
    The only reason to investigate motive is if there is a trial.
    The only actors left to judge are not going to go through that process.
    There will surely be an investigation into the shooting as there is with any officer involved shooting and they will attempt to discover her motivation. If she didn't tell anyone beforehand, she may have taken it to the grave with her.

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast