Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 10/3/13 Records: Paul Aide Gave Iowa Senator $25K Check

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by jjdoyle View Post
    According to Doug Wead, and THE VERY ACTIONS of Ron Paul 2012, they agreed to help Mitt Romney win the nomination.
    Source?

Ron Paul needed delegates because? Because? The campaign actively gave away half the delegates in Louisiana making sure there was no brokered convention.
    I cannot speak for what happened in LA, I wasn't there and have no knowledge of it. Although what I have heard was that the RNC just went ahead and chose the non-rump delegates.

$40+ million dollars WASTED DOWN THE FREAKING DRAIN
    If you think 2012 was a waste of money and/or time then you are very short sighted and narrow-minded. Just ask Thomas Massie, or AJ Spiker, or the dozens of other elected officials across the country who have come into office or prominence in their Party because of the efforts put forth in 2012.

Don't be so close-minded to think that just because Ron didn't get the nomination that we "lost" in 2012. In fact, if anything, just like 2008 we WON. Ron has an organization and network which has outlasted both his campaigns, and will outlast him. Both of which are the direct result of 2008 and 2012. Neither McCain nor Romney can say that.

Here's Doug Wead saying the campaign agreed to not attack Mitt Romney before/going into Michigan:

http://youtu.be/wbrUPtwIKuk?t=15m20s (Link starts where he talks about not attacking Romney, not sure if embed is/isn't working properly, not showing up right now on my side.
    Not attacking =| helping to win the nomination.

Why did Romney win the nomination? Because Ron Paul 2012 never ran a single attack ad against only him, in any state, trying to cause a brokered convention.
    https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/false-cause
    Oh, and while Romney was having to spend money on Super Tuesday trying to destroy Rick Santorum in states, that would have given Ron Paul 2012 a chance to try and actually win Virginia. Causing more of a headache for Mitt Romney, especially if Newt and Santorum helped in any significant fashion.
    If the rest of your analysis can be tied to this level of thinking, then you're completely incorrect all the way through.

It made zero sense to compete in Virginia. This has been explained over and over again, please try and keep up.

When Ron Paul supporters and delegates were trying to round up funds to get to Florida, the campaign was sitting on a million plus CASH...and still has it.
    That's Ron's decision. Besides, the outcome of the convention was already decided by the time we knew who the delegates were. And more to the point, that money will be spent helping other liberty candidates and causes.

Completely dishonest from the moment they agreed to not attack Mitt Romney and instead help him win the nomination without any waves at the RNC so Rand could get a speech.
    The more you repeat your lies and untrue statements, it doesn't make them any more true.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Source?

I cannot speak for what happened in LA, I wasn't there and have no knowledge of it. Although what I have heard was that the RNC just went ahead and chose the non-rump delegates.

If you think 2012 was a waste of money and/or time then you are very short sighted and narrow-minded. Just ask Thomas Massie, or AJ Spiker, or the dozens of other elected officials across the country who have come into office or prominence in their Party because of the efforts put forth in 2012.

Don't be so close-minded to think that just because Ron didn't get the nomination that we "lost" in 2012. In fact, if anything, just like 2008 we WON. Ron has an organization and network which has outlasted both his campaigns, and will outlast him. Both of which are the direct result of 2008 and 2012. Neither McCain nor Romney can say that.

Not attacking =| helping to win the nomination.

If the rest of your analysis can be tied to this level of thinking, then you're completely incorrect all the way through.

It made zero sense to compete in Virginia. This has been explained over and over again, please try and keep up.

That's Ron's decision. Besides, the outcome of the convention was already decided by the time we knew who the delegates were. And more to the point, that money will be spent helping other liberty candidates and causes.

The more you repeat your lies and untrue statements, it doesn't make them any more true.
    Ron Paul 2012 helped Mitt Romney win the nomination by attacking Rick Santorum in Michigan. WHY would Ron Paul 2012 attack Rick Santorum in Michigan, other than to help Mitt Romney win the state? Why? Ron Paul had no chance to win in Michigan, but Rick Santorum did. You can ignore the numbers and facts all day long, which you repeatedly do and tell people to "please keep up" while defending dishonesty, I won't have it though.

I don't have to be close minded to think that "we" lost, I know plenty of Ron Paul supporters first hand that are/were burnt by the 2008 and 2012 campaigns. They are tired of the lies, and "playing the game" to help get candidates like Mitch McConnell reelected.

What good is a supposed "organization", when you are having to endorse candidates like Mitch McConnell? I think that shows anybody that is paying attention, the power of this supposed "organization" Ron Paul built in 2008 and 2012. Such a good organization to sit on the sidelines silently, and go along to get along...for nothing. Literally, for nothing. $40+ million raised in 2012, and fewer votes than Rick Santorum and Newt Gingrich. Very effective and awesome campaign...NOT.

There COULD have been a great organization, unfortunately, most involved appear to have been run over by the Mitt Romney 2012 campaign bus as it was pulling away from Florida with Rand on board cheering, and Ron using campaign funds to fly out of of Florida a private jet. While grassroots supporters were trying to raise funds to get to Florida, for a movement betrayed by the very people that were supposed to be behind the supporters.

And again, let me address this that you keep claiming:
    "It made zero sense to compete in Virginia. This has been explained over and over again, please try and keep up."

IF it made zero sense to compete in Virginia, the first one-on-one state where it was Ron Paul vs. Mitt Romney and there were Newt Gingrich and Rick Santorum supporters trying to help Ron Paul win it, WHY DID IT MAKE SENSE TO ATTACK RICK SANTORUM IN MICHIGAN?

It's all bullcrap and dishonesty, and you sit here trying to defend it and FAILING at it miserably. Your defense of a campaign lying to supporters after it agreed to not attack a candidate, but instead help that candidate win by attacking OTHER candidates in states Ron Paul had no chance to win (like Michigan) is amazing. So, I'm sorry if common sense and honesty isn't "keeping up" with your continued defense of a campaign that was lying to supporters repeatedly and asking for donation after donation when they didn't need them. Ron Paul 2012 should have closed shop the day it agreed to not attack Mitt Romney. Holding back information that they had agreed to help Mitt Romney win the nomination at the RNC without causing any waves so Rand could have a speaking slot, giving away delegate slates to the RNC to help ensure a brokered convention WOULDN'T happen, and then ending the campaign with more than a million cash-on-hand and now we find out they were apparently making under the table payments off the FEC records to Kent Sorenson?

The campaign didn't want to try and win Virginia, but it wanted to pay Kent Sorenson $100K...POLITICAL GENIUSES!

The fact Ron Paul ended his campaign and is now running a "Channel" for subscriptions I think shows it isn't about the message or the movement, but more about the money. It's very sad and unfortunate, all for a seat at the rotten table for Rand? Last I checked, Ron Paul 2012 was setup to get Ron Paul elected as President, not this "gimme gimme gimme more donations" for a 2016 hope.

I can't and won't defend a campaign that kept giving supporters false hope, when they had already decided to not attack Mitt Romney and instead help him win the nomination. That is sick, and in all honesty, anybody that donated a dime to the campaign should be given an apology IMO. If not an apology, maybe we can get an FEC investigation instead?

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    TLDR
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

TLDR
    Reading and comprehension aren't really what I expect from your posts and replies these days. I mean, you have peddled so many crapping dinner tickets, I'm amazed you actually think anybody is behind you...when you say, "please try and keep up".

I mean, you'll link people to videos and tell people to attend freaking seminars and conferences...but you can't read posts. NO SURPRISE THERE! Another person looking to waste people's time, while asking for money.
    Your defense of a lying campaign is really of no surprise. Birds of a feather...

"And again, let me address this that you keep claiming:
    'It made zero sense to compete in Virginia. This has been explained over and over again, please try and keep up.'

IF it made zero sense to compete in Virginia, the first one-on-one state where it was Ron Paul vs. Mitt Romney and there were Newt Gingrich and Rick Santorum supporters trying to help Ron Paul win it, WHY DID IT MAKE SENSE TO ATTACK RICK SANTORUM IN MICHIGAN?

The campaign didn't want to try and win Virginia, but it wanted to pay Kent Sorenson $100K...POLITICAL GENIUSES!"
    Last edited by jjdoyle; 10-08-2013 at 09:54 AM.

I don't care, on principle, that they paid him. But it's worth pointing out that those who claim to be the moral-majority religious-right are always corrupt with skeletons in their closet.

i think jjdoyle should be banned

Quote Originally Posted by robskicks View Post
    I don't, but he should quit spouting off lies.

Quote Originally Posted by robskicks View Post
    LOL! Can't address the topics, so kill 'em with a drone strike. Very "liberty" minded of you, and thanks for adding to the topic and addressing the points brought up so far. Would you like to make another donation? I guess just another salesman disappointed by the facts the campaign was dishonest with supporters? You still trying to peddle stuff by Ramit Sethi?

I don't, but he should quit spouting off lies.
    Other than you repeatedly defending a campaign that lied to supporters repeatedly, I have at least backed up what I said with facts and history.

Ron Paul 2012 helped Mitt Romney win the nomination, by repeatedly attacking Rick Santorum in states Rick Santorum could have won, like Michigan. Or, by wasting funds attacking Rick Santorum in a state Ron Paul had NO CHANCE of winning, like South Carolina. So, Ron Paul 2012 couldn't win Michigan, but helped Mitt Romney win it by attacking Rick Santorum there.
    Ron Paul 2012 couldn't win South Carolina, but attacked Rick Santorum there.
    Ron Paul 2012 actually had a better chance of winning Virginia, the first one-vs-one state for Ron Paul. If they had gotten the Newt Gingrich and Rick Santorum voters out, which some Rick Santorum and Newt Gingrich voters did attempt for Ron Paul 2012...but Ron Paul 2012 couldn't find a dime to spend in the state to even let the voters know he was serious about winning. But, it could find $70K+ to pay to Kent Sorenson under the table?

Considering that I know people, still, that worked within the campaign...some DEEP in the campaign, you have no clue what you're talking about when you sit here and say they didn't help Mitt Romney win the nomination, and kept that information from the supporters.

So, Matt Collins calls members slow, calls other members liars...and is still around because he peddles conferences? Some people point out the obvious campaign lies/issues, with a history of emails, videos, and actions to back them up....and there are no answers for this. We can't move forward with this level of corruption in our own ranks, unless of course we don't care about the message or the movement.

Well he turned out to be such a waste of time.

I remember watching a video of Sorenson speaking at LPAC and I was very impressed. This is pretty bad news. His political future is ruined (he was considering a U.S. Senate run), but he has no one but himself to blame for it.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You still trying to peddle stuff by Ramit Sethi?
    What?

Fortunately for Rand, he's got a new base to draw money and energy.
    Unfortunately for Ron Paul people, they now know what politics is like, and will not lift much due to the efforts of the underlings at RP Inc.

have fun you little worms.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12