Thread: Rand + CFL Now Fundraising for Lavabit Founder Legal Defense Fund

Thumbs up Rand + CFL Now Fundraising for Lavabit Founder Legal Defense Fund

From an e-mail:

Matt,

Going up against the FULL FORCE of government power isn't easy.

But that's exactly what Lavabit founder Ladar Levison decided to do when he shut down his secure email company rather than hand over customers' personal information to Barack Obama's snoops.

And even though he's lost his main source of income, Ladar Levison is fighting back.

I believe his legal battle is a key part in our shared fight to restore our Fourth Amendment freedoms.

So please read Ladar's email below and take action IMMEDIATELY.

In Liberty,

Rand Paul, MD
    U.S. Senator (R-KY)

Dear Matt,

Say what's really going on, and go to jail!

Ever since I made the decision a few weeks ago to shut down my secure email company Lavabit - instead of becoming complicit in our federal government's crimes against the American people - that's the situation I've been living under every day.

Unfortunately - even with all the media attention - I have to answer most questions about what our federal government is up to (and what I'm facing) with an "I'm sorry, I can't tell you."

Of course, the First Amendment should protect my political speech so our government can't commit crimes in secret.

But it seems the statists in Washington, D.C. have targeted every last bit of our Constitution for outright destruction.

I'm determined to FIGHT back. I'm determined to defend the Constitution and restore our Fourth Amendment right to privacy.

But going up against the full force of government power is hard.

If there's anything the Feds have, it's no shortage of lawyers!

And I can't tell you what it would mean to me to have Campaign for Liberty's members and supporters standing with me in this fight.

That's why I'm hoping I can count on you to sign your Statement of Support for my efforts today.

I'll give you the link shortly . . .

My hope is, once other tech companies see hundreds of thousands - or perhaps even millions of Americans - standing for privacy, more will be willing to stand alongside me and say "NO!" to crimes against our Constitution.

Thankfully, Campaign for Liberty is already fighting in Congress for the protection of our Fourth Amendment freedoms.

They've also graciously agreed - with your generous support today - to rush to my legal aid, as well.

My attorney and I couldn't be more grateful.

Since shutting down Lavabit, I've lost my main source of income.

Without the financial support of good folks like you, I have no idea how I'll be able to see this legal fight through.

But I'm not walking away. I can't.

It's just too important.

I'm counting on you to sign your Statement of Support today to show you agree.

I'm fighting back because it's the right thing to do.

Not only that, but it could provide the spark you and I need to create a massive grassroots fire under Congress to get them to finally start respecting our Constitution once again.

In 2004, I started the company that would become Lavabit because I believed then, as I do now, privacy is a fundamental and important right for any free society.

Like many Americans, I believed our right to privacy was being slowly eroded.

Only now are you and I seeing how true those concerns were.

As of just a few weeks ago, more than 400,000 people used my email service.

10,000 of those paid for my company's enhanced security features including encryption.

Today, that number is "0."

I wish I could explain more . . . I wish I could explain why.

But "thanks" to the Obama administration's iron-fisted bullying, I can't.

I know the national security statists tell us - as they DESTROY every last bit of our privacy - "if we're not doing anything wrong, we shouldn't have anything to worry about."

Yet, they keep every detail of their massive, ILLEGAL, and growing surveillance program hidden in secret.

If they have nothing to hide, why not allow for transparency and civilian oversight?

It's so secret, much of what our federal government does now has never been exposed to Congressional OR Court oversight.

I believe that's for good reason.

Once exposed, it would only be a matter of time before the American people said, "NO MORE."

Matt, for the sake of our Constitutional Republic, that's exactly what we must do.

We must say "NO MORE!" to the constant erosion of our freedoms.

If you agree, please stand with me by signing your Statement of Support and by contributing as generously as you can to Campaign for Liberty today.

I've already mentioned how I hope seeing so many people signing Statements of Support for my efforts will embolden more tech companies to say "NO!" to government bullying.

There's no doubt, this will be a crucial step to winning this fight against violations against our Fourth Amendment freedoms.

But ultimately, the ONLY way you and I can restore our Constitution's Fourth Amendment is to fight both in the courts and the halls of the U.S. Congress.

I believe my legal battle is a key part.

Thankfully - with your help - Campaign for Liberty has generously agreed to help out in any way possible.

In fact, your generosity today will help my legal efforts AND Campaign for Liberty's ongoing legislative programs, which are every bit as important.

Campaign for Liberty is the one organization with the principles and the tenacity to finally repeal statist schemes like the so-called "PATRIOT" Act, which lies at the heart of all this madness.

But they're counting on your help to make it possible.

The good news is, the political environment to restore American freedom is finally being created as new NSA abuses come to light, including: *** NSA analysts spying on lovers, former spouses and love interests;
    *** Nearly 18,000 domestic phone records were checked by the NSA, but "only 1,935 were based on a reasonable suspicion standard" the agency purports to abide by;
    *** Roughly 90% of the phone numbers on the daily "alert list" constantly under watch by the NSA DO NOT conform to the NSA's own standards for suspicion;
    *** Reports indicate the NSA has collected information on 75% of domestic Internet communications.
    Worse, many of the NSA's abuses were "self-reported," meaning we only know about the illegality they want us to know about.

What else are they hiding?

Just in the past few days, news broke the NSA shares raw spy data on American citizens - perhaps even including government officials' communications - with at least a half dozen foreign governments!

I know there's more to come.

With this kind of spying power, the NSA can create massive databases including personal information on EVERY single American . . .

Political leanings. Religious beliefs. Gun ownership.

You name it.

Is this the America we want for ourselves, let alone for future generations?

This madness has to stop.

Our Constitution must be saved.

But Matt, I'm counting on you.

So won't you please sign your Statement of Support and please contribute as generously as you can to Campaign for Liberty TODAY?

Your contribution - in addition to helping Campaign for Liberty fight for us within the halls of Congress - will also be used to help me legally take the fight to the NSA.

I'm willing to stand up and fight. I've proven that.

But it's taking all I have.

Will you stand with me?

Please sign your Statement of Support and agree to your most generous contribution to Campaign for Liberty today!

Thank you so much for your support.

Sincerely,

Ladar Levison

P.S. Since shutting down Lavabit, I've lost my main source of income.

Without the financial support of good folks like you, I have no idea how I'll be able to see this legal fight through.

Thankfully - with your help - Campaign for Liberty has generously agreed to help my legal fight out in any way possible.

Your generosity today will help my legal efforts AND Campaign for Liberty's ongoing legislative programs, which are every bit as important.

So won't you please agree to sign your Statement of Support and agree to your most generous contribution TODAY?

Last edited by Matt Collins; 10-03-2013 at 09:44 AM.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    bump
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

ljkn
    Today I decided to get banned and spam activism on this forum...

SUPPORT RANDPAULDIGITAL GRASSROOTS PROJECTS TODAY!

http://i.imgur.com/SORJlQ5.png

For more info. or to help spread the word, go to the promotion thread here.

Quote Originally Posted by orenbus View Post
    If I had to answer this question truthfully I'd probably piss a lot of people off lol, Barrex would be a better person to ask he doesn't seem to care lol.

Good cause. Tapped out at the moment.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.