Thread: Govt shutdown will also delay gov't economic report releases

Govt shutdown will also delay gov't economic report releases

Can't find the article at the moment but read something earlier today that the shutdown will also delay the usual gov't economic reports like BLS jobs data and other indicators that are due out this week and beyond. I assume this would also affect Treasury reports and others. Will we see organic market movements without the bs headlines and fudged data?
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Who gives a crap about bls reports ? none of it changes things are in perpetual stagnation or decline .More money spent, less to be taken in , less taxpayers .Less people working at a wage to contribute.Time to face it .
    Last edited by oyarde; 10-01-2013 at 11:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Who gives a crap about bls reports ? none of it changes things are in perpetual stagnation or decline .More money spent, less to be taken in , less taxpayers .Less people working at a wage to contribute.Time to face it .
    They've stopped the debt clock. Now reports that, arguably, have manipulated the markets and economic perception, apparently won't be put out. Looks the most like economic SHTF time I've ever seen. Debt ceiling in two weeks too.

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Dear, dear! Whatever shall people do without the government's "cooked book" statistics?

Why, they might be forced to just "make up" numbers out of blinkered speculations, self-interested assumptions, and biased selections.

Oh, wait ...
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Dear, dear! Whatever shall people do without the government's "cooked book" statistics?

Why, they might be forced to just "make up" numbers out of blinkered speculations, self-interested assumptions, and biased selections.

Oh, wait ...
    Actually , for an Eighteen pack, using past data I can create new numbers for you that would be within a margin of error of 1 percent , lol.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Actually , for an Eighteen pack, using past data I can create new numbers for you that would be within a margin of error of 1 percent , lol.
    No, but wait. You see, we don't want numbers that are actually accurate (assuming that is even possible).
    We want numbers that are either "safe" or "scary" (depending on our political purposes). That is, we want numbers that say either:
    (1) things are great (or at least OK) - and therefore the government is doing a fine job ("safe"), or
    (2) things are terrible - and therefore the government needs to do something about it ("scary").

So if I gave you an eighteen-pack, you might give me back some numbers that are just too close to reality to be useful ...

Oh, wait ...
    I'm looking at it like a metaphor for a game of musical chairs. As long as the music is still playing, everyone is going along with the charade and dancing around the circle. Then when the music stops....

Has the music stopped?

eta: Just saw that a gaggle of bankers visited with Obama today, including GS and JPM.
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-1...yd-visit-obama
    Last edited by devil21; 10-02-2013 at 04:23 PM.

No, but wait. You see, we don't want numbers that are actually accurate (assuming that is even possible).
    We want numbers that are either "safe" or "scary" (depending on our political purposes). That is, we want numbers that say either:
    (1) things are great (or at least OK) - and therefore the government is doing a fine job ("safe"), or
    (2) things are terrible - and therefore the government needs to do something about it ("scary").

So if I gave you an eighteen-pack, you might give me back some numbers that are just too close to reality to be useful ...
    In order to make it more fun I can release several numbers for Labor Force Participation Rate( people can select what they like the best ). I can fabricate a number that would be slightly inflated and viewed as great ( Even the Fed would not believe that, but the media would ), I can pick a number slightly better than reality ( that falls into, things are scary , Fed must stay w/ 85 Billion monthly ) .I can give a fairly real number ( but that would require people to accept the grim reality that it is all unsustainable ). I am here to please , beer is beer , it is real,( required real productivity). Paper money, oh that is just worthless crap backed by nothing but blind faith . I am not blind and have no faith in worhless activities, lol.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Something that looks like a jobs report was released today. Unofficially, I think. Numbers are $#@!ty though.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/u-gain...102611869.html