View Poll Results: Will there be a government shutdown?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • House Republicans will cave-in, give Obama all he wants and shutdown will be avoided

9 42.86%
  • House Republicans will stand firm and there will be a government shutdown

9 42.86%
  • Other

3 14.29%

Thread: Will there be a government shutdown?

Will there be a government shutdown?

Your thoughts?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by qh4dotcom View Post
    Your thoughts?
    Is this a serious question?

It will never happen. Why? Because if it did, people would see that the sky will not fall. This, in turn, would undue the last three generations worth of effort Theye expended getting the majority to buy into their phony baloney world view.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

House Republicans will be cowed into submission by their Tea party brethren, and cause a government shutdown. And then big business donors will talk some sense into them. I expect that shutdown will last for a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by JCDenton0451 View Post
    House Republicans will be cowed into submission by their Tea party brethren, and cause a government shutdown. And then big business donors will talk some sense into them. I expect that shutdown will last for a few days.
    Hey, you sound like you could do a pretty good job over at MSNBC. You know how to use adjectives and verbs to strike just the right notes in the heart of bleeding heart liberals (hey, I can do that too).
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

"This just in, a last minute compromise between R's and D's has just completed"

Its what they have done, every single time.
    "One thing my years in Washington taught me is that most politicians are followers, not leaders. Therefore we should not waste time and resources trying to educate politicians. Politicians will not support individual liberty and limited government unless and until they are forced to do so by the people," says Ron Paul."

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeCoulter View Post
    Hey, you sound like you could do a pretty good job over at MSNBC. You know how to use adjectives and verbs to strike just the right notes in the heart of bleeding heart liberals (hey, I can do that too).
    MSNBC is right this time. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by JCDenton0451 View Post
    MSNBC is right this time. Sorry.
    Nah, don't be sorry, it's just another day at the carnival, and no one is right there.
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

Even if the government "shuts down", it doesn't really shut down.

Can I stop paying my taxes if they really shut down? They don't need the money right?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    need a 4th option "I hope so"

Social security, medicare, military, etc will all be paid regardless. Federal workers will continue working and will jsut be paid later. There will be no government shutdown. The NSA/TSA/CIA/DEA/etc will continue to keep you all slaves.

Government is a self perpetuating entity with it's own printing presses, this is nothing but semantics...

Where's the "I wish.." option??
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeCoulter View Post
    Nah, don't be sorry, it's just another day at the carnival, and no one is right there.

lol. +1. And just like carnival workers, these lowlifes in Congress have the sales and marketing skills to get you to play their no win game.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

When are people gonna learn? They do the same crap as often as they can. Look at how often they still say WMD's even though it blew up in their faces long ago. They Govern by Crisis. And we arent going to get to the Root of the Problems if we continue to ask questions that dont teach us what the Root of the Problem really is.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Government is a self perpetuating entity with it's own printing presses, this is nothing but semantics...
    Somehow I don't think the printing presses at the Bureau of Engraving and Printing will be shut down...

Quote Originally Posted by eduardo89 View Post
    Somehow I don't think the printing presses at the Bureau of Engraving and Printing will be shut down...
    Hell no they won't this is nothing but semantics, a dog-n-pony show.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.